• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

the Honda is in shambles right now. they mucked up the development of the 2015 machine, as evidenced by them showing up in the beginning and middle of the season with different frames to try in practice. that's not a good way to start a weekend, with a testing session. the engine characteristics are also far too aggressive this year, which believe it or not has a lot to do with why Marquez is falling down so much. i'm sure you've heard them comment on how he's "unable to ride the bike the way he wants" and how's he's "having to push too hard to ride the pace" of the Yamaha's. the M1 is definitely the better overall package, you can see how stable it is everywhere. the Honda it looks still has a slight edge in acceleration, especially with a 5 foot, 100 lbs. Pedrosa midget aboard.

i think Lorenzo will take it, as long as he (and Marquez) don't fall down again...

p.s. Iannone and Dovizioso have both been impressive. just a little more pace from the Ducati is all. :cool:

wow no discussion about sochi:eek:

lol both in the points this time.....

What an EPIC race this weekend! Won't spoil the results if you haven't seen it, but here's a clip of Iannone.
As for F1, bring on COTA and Mexico GP!!

What an EPIC race this weekend! Won't spoil the results if you haven't seen it, but here's a clip of Iannone.
As for F1, bring on COTA and Mexico GP!!

you should show the clip of Iannone's double pass on both Marquez and Rossi!

To quote Nick Harris, the race was epic. I keep watching it because it was so good.

epic epicness! the best grand prix race I can remember in a long, long while.

perhaps we should change this thread to "The Official 2015 MotoGP Thread because at least the 2-wheeled Honda's are running strong and up front"?!

i may be biased on both counts, but there's no race track in the world finer than Phillip Island. and there's no racing better than motorbike roadracing... :cool:

p.s. Monster Cup from Vegas, and World Superbike from Qatar was pretty awesome as well. fantastic weekend of racing.

Pretty exciting race. Not that he had a realistic chance, but what a way for Rosberg to throw the championship away. McLaren had both cars in the points for a while. Was really hoping for that 5-6 finish for the team, but it wasn't meant to be.
Williams, horrible weekend for them. RedBull looked strong at the beginning.

As for MotoGP, man that was a great race too in Malaysia. Lots of drama between Rossi and Marquez!

my friggen dvr didn't record the race:mad:...anyone have a link to an online copy...

Was at the race in the Turn 9 stands getting beat up by the rain and the constant 30 mph wind. Great race though. Was anybody as confused as I was why it took so long to get the stalled Sauber off the back straight?

Was at the race in the Turn 9 stands getting beat up by the rain and the constant 30 mph wind. Great race though. Was anybody as confused as I was why it took so long to get the stalled Sauber off the back straight?

Couldn't quite figure that one out either. Could have just had a few guys push it to the opening instead of bringing in the heavy gear. Must be a union thing!

Couldn't quite figure that one out either. Could have just had a few guys push it to the opening instead of bringing in the heavy gear. Must be a union thing!

It was so they could bring the safety car out again so Hamilton could close the gap and win the championship already. TFH back on.

It was so they could bring the safety car out again so Hamilton could close the gap and win the championship already. TFH back on.

Jeez...I hope not. Is F1 becoming NASCAR? The silly titanium skid plate to produce sparks for the sheer spectacle is about as much as I can take.

Back