• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

Nando will be racing at Malaysia this weekend. Now all we need is for Honda to sort out the power unit so the boys can bring the car back up the field.

Yeah, really good article. I did see the press conference and yes, there are quite a few inconsistences with Alonso story and what was reported before by the Team.....somewhere in the middle lay the true story.

Two things that really don't add up:
1 lack of steering input data ....we all know that everything is captured and recorded from an F1 car, including steering angle
2 Why did he switch off the radio, after the accident.....the first thing the Team want to know after an accident is if the driver is OK.

Bram

Yeah, F1 is interesting again.Great drive untill stop for Alonso(I see good things are comming).Soon will be in top 10.
Great stuff from Seb good work from Ferrari.Forza Ferrari!

Good race overall. Congrats for Ferrari beating Mercedes. Lots of people battling it out there on the track, surprised McLaren-Honda were even catching up to some people before having to pull out of the race. Definitely looks like this will be an interesting year in F1.

Am I the only one that thinks the Scuderia win was interestingly convenient. At Melbourne everyone was complaining about Merc dominance. Even Nico was taunting for more competition. It just seems convenient but maybe Bernie is pulling his puppet strings again?

Am I the only one that thinks the Scuderia win was interestingly convenient. At Melbourne everyone was complaining about Merc dominance. Even Nico was taunting for more competition. It just seems convenient but maybe Bernie is pulling his puppet strings again?

Based on what I saw the Ferrari's were gentler on the tires unde hot conditions than the Merc's.

Winter testing was done under very cold/cool conditions in Spain, so most teams didn't have access to tire degradation data for hot weather given that there was no winter testing in Bahrain this year. It seems that now that the Ferrari PU is on par with the Merc PU differences in chassis as well as engine mappings are brought to the front. The way that both Sebastian and Kimi's cars were putting down power was interesting to watch since the rear tires didn't seem to lose traction while accelerating out of turns.

Should be interesting to see if the performance that Ferrari displayed in Malaysia will hold at other tracks.

So much for F1 being "boring" !!

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but it sure look like they had some real pace on the weekend...they sure have leap frog Wiliiams. Having said that, I still see this as a one off, Merc just got the strategy wrong.

Bram

From what I saw, Vettel and Kimi were driving the heck out of their cars. Maybe it was just that they got the inters strategy right. Either way, I'm glad they won.

And McHonda! Their pace surprised me. Their early retirement not so much.

Was it mechanical failure(s)? or did McLaren decide to save the engines given that it was likely that they would not score points in the race.

One was a mechanical (Button) and the other a PU save. Button complained of smoke coming out of the engine on lap 41.

Also, this no coaching rule is absolutely ridiculous.

Alonso has got to be kicking himself...
Alonso fell out of favour with many engineers , floor staff and FIAT. Its no surprise Vettel goes in and re-invigorates the entire team. Alonso is rapidly falling out of favour with his current McLaren staff. The adjusting his own "tire warmer" and questioning it, did not go over well. He's making it quite difficult to work around..

Well we already know, that Alonso "thinks" that he is a Prema-Madonna on the F1 grid and that he should get preferential treatment on and off the track, and it does not matter which Team he is driving for.

As I said before, I dont see this New relationship with McLrean/Honda going very far..

Bram

Last edited:
Back