• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

Jeez...I hope not. Is F1 becoming NASCAR? The silly titanium skid plate to produce sparks for the sheer spectacle is about as much as I can take.

It's a joke. Silly titanium skid plate? All they did is switch from WOOD to titanium. Sparks producing cars is not new to F1.

So I've read about how Ferrari (including iceman) was critical of all the people having fun in the rain in Texas. Then this comes up :)

So I've read about how Ferrari (including iceman) was critical of all the people having fun in the rain in Texas. Then this comes up :)

Hahaha... I mean.. Jajajaja!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1404928057041.jpg
    1404928057041.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
I read that McLaren has 30 places worth of penalties for Alonso. He will be starting from the pit lane in Austin as the penalty.
Go Ferrari.

Jenson had a 60 place grid penalty, and finished 14th, that means he made up 66 positions in the race! (Didn't see that in the on screen graphics during the race)

the sun bathing pic is also amusing

We have reached the last race of the season. An interesting season. Races mostly suck; outside of Vettel's wins, Merc were head and shoulders above everybody.
Hamilton has shown himself to be a 3 time world champion and Rosberg a journeyman #2 .
If Vettel's car can perform and give him a 4th win on the season, there would be some consolation for the season.

Next year will be interesting... Ferrari and McLaren will both be playing a serious game of catch up. MB will be quicker yet too.

Unintentionally, I clicked on the beginning of this thread. It took me back to Nov 2014. How wrong everyone was on McL/H's first year achievements is astonishing. Only nsxsimon was dead on! Thru the years I was kept abreast of progress in the team thru a friend was is in the F1 circus. I had no hope for them to do anything significant this year. And it is not just the rules restrictions. The worst thing I am told was the slowdown of enthusiasm and closeness within the team after the summer return to Europe. I admired Alonso more for his restraint and patience this year than I did for his driving.
Nsxsimon, what is your take for 2016?

Even though Alonso was quick yesterday Button was faster again today. Money heals all wounds I guess. Alonso won't suffer too much in retirement whenever he calls it quits.

Even though Alonso was quick yesterday Button was faster again today. Money heals all wounds I guess. Alonso won't suffer too much in retirement whenever he calls it quits.

i sure hope Alonso doesn't call it quits for a while, he's still got a few good years left in him. imagine where he'd be if he was driving the Merc? or even if he'd stayed with Ferrari.

Unintentionally, I clicked on the beginning of this thread. It took me back to Nov 2014. How wrong everyone was on McL/H's first year achievements is astonishing. Only nsxsimon was dead on! Thru the years I was kept abreast of progress in the team thru a friend was is in the F1 circus. I had no hope for them to do anything significant this year. And it is not just the rules restrictions. The worst thing I am told was the slowdown of enthusiasm and closeness within the team after the summer return to Europe. I admired Alonso more for his restraint and patience this year than I did for his driving.
Nsxsimon, what is your take for 2016?

hey, hey, what about me? i remember saying quite a few times that it was gonna take McLaren a long time, as in possibly years, to catch up while all the hopeless optimists were saying they'd be winning by midseason...

Couldn't start a 2016 thread but here is some news hot off the press
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/34953829

simply painful to read. Alonso needs a proper car to match his potential. i really wanted that to be the McLaren Honda.

that's almost as painful as having no racing to watch until Supercross returns in January and World Superbike in February...

on a positive note, Honda did let Alonso have 'full deployment' and turn everything up to 11 for the last 5 laps at Abu Dhabi.....

....and he set the 3rd fastest lap of the race on lap 52!!!! only bettered by hamilton and Vettel, so the potential is there

UK TV terrestrial coverage is going to Channel 4 after the BBC pulled out of its deal to broadcast F1.... http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/dec/21/formula-one-channel-4-bbc-deal

so not sure if the BBC F1 website is going to continue for much longer, the BBC is continuing it's radio coverage so the web coverage may stay too! so those that enjoy the BBC TV coverage will have to find a new source next year!

Back