• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

Ah, I see. Alonso is not going anywhere.

He may very well end his career with McLaren. His time is over and is costing way too much money.

Jenson is a different story, relatively drama free, and can move down to lower teams if he wants to continue driving. However, as he enjoys being married, he will retire in a year or two to enjoy his money.

I think you've got it backwards there. Alonzo is still very much at the top of his game, and is arguably the best driver on the grid. Button is well past his prime, and on the way down. I would say McLaren hired Alonzo for race results, and Button for his development skills.

all I can say is, thank goodness the Easter weekend is over, back to racing. World Superbikes, MotoGP, Supercross and Formula 1 are back!

I think you've got it backwards there. Alonzo is still very much at the top of his game, and is arguably the best driver on the grid. Button is well past his prime, and on the way down. I would say McLaren hired Alonzo for race results, and Button for his development skills.

all I can say is, thank goodness the Easter weekend is over, back to racing. World Superbikes, MotoGP, Supercross and Formula 1 are back!

It is your right to believe in Alonso. No one can take that away from you.

Michael Schumacher was booted out of F1 after he won the championship, same thing happen to Mansell. Similarly happen to Villeneuve and Hill for winning the championship and ended up spending the rest of their career with shitty teams that just can't won. None of them were able to win the championship again. Honda right now, is a shitty team.

McLaren is with Honda, they signed a long term deal. It's also not possible for McLaren to ditch Honda as the situation with the Engines will not favor them, both with the available manufacture (Renault) and the cost associated with. Unless Red Bull pulls out, McLaren is stuck with Honda. That relationship will thrive, just not now.

Alson last won the championship ten years ago. Ten years is a life time career for most athletes.

If you look at the line up, Alonso will never return to Ferrari, MB will not use him because of Hamilton, and the only other option is Williams, and Williams will not pay for the salary he demands. As I have indicated, Honda is most likely picking up the tabs for Alonso and Button, they want experience and feedbacks. The question now is how fast can Honda pick up their slacks, which will dictates how much longer Alonso and Button will be in F1. He is in the mid 30's, a senior citizen in today's F1 standard.

Last edited:
I believe Alonso is still the best (or second best) driver on the grid. Honda and McLaren brought him over for his skill as a driver. He may not have 5-6 years left in him, but for the next 3-4 he is their best hope.
Can Honda produce a suitable power plant? Time will tell.

Well, they're not going to be fighting for podiums overnight.

I'd say it's a step in a positive direction. ;)

What happened to JB and that Crashonaldo style punting of Pastor? :confused:
Kind of ironic since PM was the one who used to do those boneheaded moves against other cars in the past.

i suspect it was more to do with PM having brake issues, and JB getting caught out with the changes in PMs braking point through the race

i suspect it was more to do with PM having brake issues, and JB getting caught out with the changes in PMs braking point through the race

My opinion, is that PM drove a very defending line, started to go back to the main line, then jinked back right when he say JB still down the inside. I blame PM.

My opinion, is that PM drove a very defending line, started to go back to the main line, then jinked back right when he say JB still down the inside. I blame PM.

Actually it was more like Button had brain fade and ran into the back of the Maldonado. At the point of contact, Maldonado was on the racing line, so I don't know what else he was supposed to do? It happens, nothing more or less.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much improvement they show in the next race, now that they have admitted they are turning up the wick for it.

Actually it was more like Button had brain fade and ran into the back of the Maldonado. At the point of contact, Maldonado was on the racing line, so I don't know what else he was supposed to do? It happens, nothing more or less.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much improvement they show in the next race, now that they have admitted they are turning up the wick for it.
I see that Button took responsibility, and I applaud him for it. As for them being on the "racing line" more like the "pit out line". Fernando was on the line.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-14th-crash-Pastor-Maldonado-Chinese-GP.html

Last edited:
Yeah, their approach to the corner was narrow, due to their dicing for the corner, BUT at the point of impact, they were actually on the racing line. Martin Brundle said as much during the telecast, and Button's own words sum it up -

‘I thought there was room on the inside and, yeah, I can't really say anything else’, said a downbeat Button. ‘An incident you never want to happen, but just a misjudgement I guess.’

That was political answer I'm sure. But it is what it is.

It's a shame JB had issues during qual @Bahrain. We'll see what race brings us tomorrow. Very excited to watch ;)

Interesting race between Kimi, Nico and Sebastian and Bottas to some degree. Glad to see that the strategy worked out for Kimi in the end.

Nando had a relatively good race, JB's car was cursed for the entire weekend.

Crashonaldo was all over the place, I can't believe that he is still in F1 :p

Hopefully things will become a bit more interesting in Barcelona. It is kind of boring when 3-4 cars are either DNF or DNS.

Yeah, I read that aritcle too, it seem's that the three PowerUnit Manufacture's have taken different routes with the placement of their MGU-H, inconjuction the Turbo and compressor.Honda even went so far as to have a different turbine set-up, as pointed out in the article. I believe in time Honda will get on top of all their issues and will put McLearn on the Top podium step in due course.

For now...Merc is still the team to beat.

Bram

Last edited:
Back