• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for you folks still running the OEM deck in the car...have you ever replaced

the volume and tuning knobs?

Am curious if other model stereos (OEM to Acura/Honda) fit the space and work with this setup.

Ideas/feedback?

I recently replaced the volume and tuning knobs on the factory deck. They are relatively inexpensive. The old ones were scratched up and the red/orange backlight was leaking through in several places. New ones are nice :)

So, RW, how did you procure/find these knobs? Did you try a few from other OEM decks or did you have a part number? Ebay? Parts house?

Just have your OEM unit rebuilt with all the modern updates.
Briank is THE MAN to do this. His website is nsxe-repair.com. You can ship the parts to him, or for those who prefer, you can arrange an appointment with him in suburban Milwaukee, not far from the Acura dealership there.

As for the knobs, I know he is constantly refurbishing NSX stereos, so he may or may not have new replacement knobs for them. (If you're only replacing the knobs, you may as well just buy them from your nearest local dealer.)

Last edited:
Thanks Ken. I have already been in contact with Brian and he has done my amps before

Briank is THE MAN to do this. His website is nsxe-repair.com. You can ship the parts to him, or for those who prefer, you can arrange an appointment with him in suburban Milwaukee, not far from the Acura dealership there.

As for the knobs, I know he is constantly refurbishing NSX stereos, so he may or may not have new replacement knobs for them. (If you're only replacing the knobs, you may as well just buy them from your nearest local dealer.)

Also, I bought a working OEM stereo which I will be removing and replacing with my current one. The carcass...may end up with Brian as a gift. ;)

Looks like I am going to go with either the GROM or the Bluetooth Cassette Adapter. Either way, I will be able to play music from either the music library or Pandora.

Also, I bought a working OEM stereo which I will be removing and replacing with my current one. The carcass...may end up with Brian as a gift.

Looks like I am going to go with either the GROM or the Bluetooth Cassette Adapter. Either way, I will be able to play music from either the music library or Pandora.

the grom will have better quality, and will be a much cleaner install. also no need to hassle with recharging the cassette adapter.

Last edited:
the grom will have better quality, and will be a much cleaner install. also no need to hassle with recharging the cassette adapter.

I'm sure the grom will sound a little better, but.......

Nothing is cleaner then popping in a cassette as an install:tongue: no wires hanging out anywhere....takes two seconds.

I just went almost a month without recharging before I finally just took it in and charged it over night...not a real big hassle as long as you do that once a month...depending how much you use it obviously.

The sound quality on the my RadioShack version is just as good as cd sound quality...

I would recommend buying it first at $40-$50 is a fraction of the price of the wired systems and if you don't like it, there is a 30 day return policy...no brainer

Last edited:
I ended up picking up an OEM head unit and speakers from a seller on the forum and installed the head unit. Speakers were crap (not working, tabs snapped off). Ugh. No worries, will make it all work. Now I have two sets of cores to take to Brian. Wait, make that one set of cores and one set to get rebuilt. ;)

Back