• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Air Intake Question

I was thinking about installing a OEM Air intake box back into my CTSC NSX. I know it will hurt performance, but I wanted to get colder air and reduce engine noise. Any thoughts?

Also you think a 95 air intake box and parts will fit in my 94?

Thanks!

What do you currently have as your air intake?

Intake design on FI applications are less important. But it's been discussed to the nth degree. And colder = more performance, making your post is a little confusing! Anway, here you go:

Reduce performance: No, you'll get identical performance, especially since you're FI (less sensitive).

Colder air: No.

Engine noise: Will reduce induction noise, yes. But your CTSC will still whine. Get a stock exhaust, and she'll be dead silent if thats what you really want.

Will a 95 box fit in a 94: Bet on it.

I personally like the OEM look, go for it!

Lucas

Currently I just have a AEM intake with a cone filter. So yeah I was hoping that it would reduce engine noise at least a little bit.Thanks for the tips boys. I think I will get the OEM box then.

Also you think a 95 air intake box and parts will fit in my 94?

Thanks!

Are you trying to go more OEM? A 95 air box will fit, but it's for a targa and will not be the correct box for the car. Not a big deal. Just didn't know how anal you are trying to be with your car.

Are you trying to go more OEM? A 95 air box will fit, but it's for a targa and will not be the correct box for the car. Not a big deal. Just didn't know how anal you are trying to be with your car.

Good point about the targa. Not super anal I guess if I can make it work it will do. Thanks!

Back