• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How To Get An NSX Spotless In Less Than 5 Minutes

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
This is the proper way to wash a damn car! :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-XzAjn7dHbw?rel=0" frameborder="0"

allowfullscreen></iframe>

No you don't. Watch what it does to the front bumper. It mangles it. I did this to my NSX and it destroyed my front bumper. The system has no idea where the front of our cars is.

lol, that's awesome. wish I had the balls to take my NSX through one. in my experience the air dry sucks and you're left with hard water spots all over. at least at the 2-3 near me.

i use them all the time for the civic and legacy though.

Last edited:
No you don't. Watch what it does to the front bumper. It mangles it. I did this to my NSX and it destroyed my front bumper. The system has no idea where the front of our cars is.

it looked like the arm was whacking the front:confused:

Cleaning my car is therapy. I won't even take my beater car through an automatic car wash.

Keep your panties on ladies. It was my fault the Laserwash's arm brushed Charlotte's bumper. I pulled too far forward. No harm, no foul as the inside of the arm is lined with soft foam. I only use Laserwash products, not the El Cheapo car washes with those funky brushes. It's a damn car and it's meant to be driven, not pampered like a fragile porcelain figurine. The less time I spend washing the thing means I have more time to drive it.

Charlotte Laserwash Front Bumber.jpg

Guys, it's Hugh we're talking about here, his car is like the high-mileage Ford F-150 of NSXs, he pulls tractors with it, fills the trunk with rocks and sand for job sites, takes it off-roading every once in a while, rolls down the windows in heavy rain to take a quick shower inside, I heard he even lets fat girls sit in it. I salute the guy for enjoying his NSX much more than the rest of us. We may see him in a demolition derby with it one day, and he'll WIN!

Last edited:
its the digital camera capturing the inherent flicker rate of the light.

What's the deal with your right parking light? Why is it flickering?

I think robowash whacked it with it's arm, then blasted hot soapy water in there at about 6000psi..... I don't think it's the camera:redface:

What's the deal with your right parking light? Why is it flickering?

It's flickering because it's a cheap Chinese piece of shit. Luckily I have a box full of them. I get around to changing them when I have to pull opossum entrails out from under the spoiler.

- - - Updated - - -

its the digital camera capturing the inherent flicker rate of the light.

Stick to medical issues doc, like the inherit flicker of your sphincter muscles when you are near me. :) DC circuits don't produce a flicker rate like AC ones do. ROTF

haha so then you should go to china for your next medical visit....:eek:

I think this is a terrible idea (and I've tried it myself previously). It doesn't do as good a job as a self-wash/touchless (which is also cheaper and about as quick) and definitely isn't as careful as say, an Optimum No-Rinse session. That said, it is certainly easier and doesn't get your feet as wet.

On a serious note, I'd also be weary of water leaking down into the rear bank and messing with the coil packs; I think I've read that its a somewhat common issue.

Back