• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who needed help repairing the Below Steering Wheel bolster

Someone needed help reapairing the attachment points on the upholstered panel that mounts below the Steering Wheel. Drop me an e-mail or PM. I can't find your post.
Brad

I'm in that boat lol, but I'm not the person who posted for help. All of the attachment points on mine are broken.

All of the points are broken off- looks like long ago in my car's prior life. Whoever had it before me used some double stick tape to hold it onto the dash. Now, if I even slam the door too hard the damn thing falls off! Highly embarrassing for such a beautiful car lol.

That was me. Same story as Honcho. I hink the shop that installed the radar detector broke it off and hid it from the original owner. I found one on Craigslist that was in good shape but had the vinyl cover peeling off. An upholstry shop re-attached it for $25.

I would still like to fix the original. I have a couple of the pieces but the rest were likely thrown away when the deed was done. I'd love to hear your ideas for fixing it.

That was me. Same story as Honcho. I hink the shop that installed the radar detector broke it off and hid it from the original owner. I found one on Craigslist that was in good shape but had the vinyl cover peeling off. An upholstry shop re-attached it for $25.

I would still like to fix the original. I have a couple of the pieces but the rest were likely thrown away when the deed was done. I'd love to hear your ideas for fixing it.

I'm actually thinking of drilling some holes in the plastic frame and zip-tying through the clip holes on the dash. it would be tight, durable and easily removable if needed.

Are you talking about that panel under the steering column? If so mine is only held on by one screw...the rest of the holes are worn/broken so I would need a washer of some kind to keep it held in.

Sorry for the delay on the pictures. Here they are.

I used .032 aluminum sheet and did a few bends and glued it all together with metal set which is a type of epoxy. One step at a time. JB Weld would do the same thing. BTW the knee bolster is covered with vinyl not leather.

Last edited:
Back