• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any of you up to speed on where to get a good quality 1:18 scale NSX model? I see

a few on ebay and Amazon...but they are all right hand drive (the silver ones).

Am curious if there are any good vendors/resources for one of these.

I'd you're only getting one, the auto art is the way to go

Yeah AutoArt is the most detailed of any I've seen and they seem to appreciate in value if you go by the Ebay prices. I bought my 1/18 Formula Red 1990 NSX model for $158 several years ago and they are a rare find now. It even comes with a magnifying glass so you can read the label on the radio buttons in the cockpit. Ebay has 2 listed one for $360 and the other $760.

The autoarts can be found on amazon for around 170 (shipped from Japan)

I think you are looking at the more recent Type-Rs. And the Berlina Black and Sebring Silver 1990 NSXs are selling in the $170 to $260 range. But, for whatever reason the 1990 Formula Red is a bit more rare and expensive. Amazon has a few of those for $570 to $684 from Japan. The Type-Rs, Berlina and Sebring are every bit as nice as the Formula and they have risen in value from their original sales price a few years ago.

Last edited:
Huh how interesting. You're right, The non type r red is off the charts!

Somewhere online there is a comparison of the Kyosho vs Autoart and the Auotart blow the Kyosho away if I remember right.

Actually, there's a 1/18th that's even better than the AutoArt. Better in proportions, details, both interior and exterior. Even the paint was polished and waxed before being boxed and shipped. It's made by MARK, was offered only through Post Hobby in Japan, and limited to 150 units. Sold out quickly at around $800 each.

top.jpg

We covered this model earlier this year on NSXmobilia. ;)

Just got an autoart as well. Took out the front fog lights since USA cars didn't have them...

Anyone interested in gen II 1/64, several available on ebay, (see St. Louis post pic) Suspect that it is the latest Hot Wheels in a first generation souvenir from NAIAS in Motown.
Best,
D

Yep, TSM wil be releasing the 1995 and 1994 LeMans NSXs in 1/18 as well as a 1/43 scale version of the Acura NSX from the NAIAS world debut.

Great news!

My AutoArt 1:18 scale 1990 Sebring Silver showed up today. I was absolutely giddy...until I realized I needed a screwdriver to separate it from the box. Ugh.

Tomorrow, I will have it out and on my desk.

When I get my NSX, I will add fog lights to match the model.

that's definitely another way of doing it! to complete the effect you'll have to stick with the 91-93 wheels as well :D

Back