• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ben,Daisy Auto,Excellent job on mechanical refresh

As i said on another post in this forum,i recently had my car shipped from nc to ben for a comprehensive mechanical going through and updating. I did this on the basis of the many positive reviews on here,and on the great feeling i got about him after talking to him. I could not be happier with the results,this is by far the best thing i have done to my nsx. Ben's knowledge of our cars and attention to detail are second to none,and he put his heart and soul into making my car the best it could be.Everything i came up with to worry about (like maybe the fuel going bad after it had been there for some time) he had taken care of before i even mentioned it (he had already put fuel stabilizer in.) He communicated well with me,and we got to be friends.He is a hell of a good guy. He also talked me out of some things i had thought of doing as being unnecessary (which obviously saved me some money),and had some great suggestions i hadn't thought of,like sending the injectors off for cleaning and calibration (some turned out to be dripping instead of spraying as they were supposed to.) A few little things that i forget to mention he noticed and took care of,which i appreciated.The car feels brand new.One thing that is especially noticeable is that it is pulling a lot harder,which of course is great.He worked his tail off on my car,and did tons of little things that add up to make a big difference.The end result is that every aspect of the car feels crisper,sharper.These cars aren't getting any younger (like us owners), and parts are going to start getting harder to get,so if anyone is thinking about doing this, or just needs basic service, i give Ben my highest recommendation.

x2 on that! Ben help me do the PPI when I purchased my 03 NSX March of this year. He even drove to the owner garage with all his tools to do the job. He knows the car inside out and pointed out what maintenance need to be follow up and if the car was a gem or not. He gave me his honest opinion and I took deliver of the car the next week.

I also give Ben my highest recommendation.

Robbie,
very encouraging to hear people like Ben who continues to practice his craft with up-most skills and the way he conducts himself as a business owner to keep our cars alive and well. Folks like him are hard to find and they are really the unsung heros for the rest of us.

I definitely second OP's post. I bought an NSX last year that Ben had worked his mechanical magic (complete overhaul). When I bought it from the previous owner, I spoke to Ben on the phone and it was almost as if I was simply paying a large sum of money to borrow his baby...few mechanics will take such amazing ownership of the cars they work on. He talked about how I should take care of the car and even how to properly wash it (covering the rear engine garnish to prevent water on the rear coil packs, etc).

I had the car shipped down to Texas and it ran beautifully from day 1. I never had any mechanical problems at all and my local NSX mechanic said it was the cleanest NSX he had seen since they were sold new. Twice my dealership tried to up sell me on a few maintenance items, and a quick phone call to Ben straightened things out (many of these items he had done in the past few months and the dealership was just trying to rip me off).

Due to my own stupidity, I had an aftermarket alarm system installed (don't ever do that to an NSX!) and shortly after my car developed a TCS warning light. I called Ben for advice and he spent countless hours helping me through the problem, even offering to send me a new TCS computer board FREE OF CHARGE out of the goodness of his heart. Luckily it turned out just to be a plug that forgot to be reattached, but he has a true passion for these cars and for the work he does. On top of that, his prices are way better than any dealership you will see out there.

I am going to be getting a second NSX soon and am strongly considering shipping it from Texas to Daisy Auto in Maryland for a Ben Schaeffer overhaul. It will cost $3k to ship the car back and forth, but I think it will definitely be worth it to make sure it gets taken care of the right way.

Ben, if you are reading this, thanks for all you do for the NSX community!

Back