• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you get rid of a '92 bone stock and get a 2015 M3?

Trading an NSX for a '15 M3?

• Why not!?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell me your NSX!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a young bloke contact me a few years back (Brendan) who was tossing up between an M3 and an NSX. As NSX's are very rare in Australia he had not had the chance to drive one, so he came over and took mine for a spin and needless to say, fell in love with it.

However, the point I made to him was to have a look at what his M3 would be worth in a few years time? He was working three jobs to pay for the car and I queried him as to whether or not he would be happy to drop $20-$30k for a few years of driving pleasure? Brendan finished up buying an NSX, which he sold recently as he was looking to buy a house. Brendan got roughly the same, if not a little bit more than what he paid for it, which had he purchased the M3 would have been a very different story.

I am not too sure about NSX's in America, but in Australia they have increased in value significantly over recent times. They are regarded as a sound investment and according to many motoring magazines are expected to keep increasing in value once the new NSX hits the streets. I should add, the cost or repairs and maintenance pales into insignificance if you compare it to an M3.

At the end of the day, if you are a bottomless pit and money isn't an issue, sell the NSX and buy the M3. You can then buy an NSX further down the track for more than you sold yours for and sell the M3 at a huge loss!!! Personally, I would buy an already depreciated daily driver, such as an older model M3 (which was suggested previously) and keep the NSX.

I hope this helps,

Cheers, David

keep the NSX at all costs... they just don't make em anymore.. and you NEVER see them

a bmw is nice for sure... but they blend in with the rest of the crowd regardless how how well they run

I sold my Porsche Carrera convert for the same reason... might as well have been a Nissan compared to my old turbo look.

get a "real car: that does not require "maintenace for the sake of maintenace"..... and keep the NSX

my .02

the NSX can be enjoyed at the speed limit... driving like a "normal person"... the BMW will have to be driven like crazy to enjoy the fact it's better the some other car or anouther

Back