• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Compiling Info: BBK rotors and offset changes

I thought this would be a good thread to start since I searched and couldn't find much info.

I noticed that with my Comptech Powertec aka Brembo Indy kit that there is very little hub left to hang the wheels on because the rotors dish out to help with caliper clearance. I have extended wheel studs so I can use a multitude of spacers without running out of thread (but will run out of fender clearance) but I am almost out of wheel hub. See this old thread for discussion on spacers if you want more info: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134359

My initial question is: what is the length of the NSX wheel hub protruding from the OEM brake rotor surface (wheel mounting surface)? If I know the oem distance I will be able to use it as my base line and calculate how much my rotors have effectively changed my wheel offset. This will be of great use in determining wheel fitment.

I thought others with racing brake, wilwood, rotora, etc. BBKs could also use this thread to record and compare information since the manufacturer info is scarce and not as reliable as field data. The only kit people seem to know anything about is that the stop tech kit adds about 3mm in rotor thickness, and that is a credit for stop tech because they provide an excellent PDF of a CAD template which you can print out (to scale) and test fit wheels.

Last edited:
I have the front indy kit but I'm confused as to what you are trying to describe?

A picture would be easier to follow; however, he is wanting to create a database of how much the face of an aftermarket rotor hat pushes a wheel out compared to a stock rotor hat. In other words, BBK's generally create a lower overall offset due to the rotor hat being thicker than stock.

Most BBK have about 3mm thicker rotor hats as compared to stock, I spent a long time measuring various hats a few years ago as I was really into making custom brake setups.

The stock ones are 5mm if memory serves me correctly.

Here is a picture, you can see there is very little hub for the wheel to sit on. I should have measured this exactly but it looks like 1-2mm between the end of the hub and the face of the rotor. If we have pics and recorded measurements from other kits then we will have hard data and can more exactly tailor fitments.
906a0e266247cddadf7899f3ba2ba7df.jpg

Nero. I know this doesn't help you but I heard that the brembo indy pushes the wheel out further than most. Would normal 17x8 offset 38 wheels sit past the fender at that point or what sizes wheels do you run with this setup since I think you have the indy kit?

Nero. I know this doesn't help you but I heard that the brembo indy pushes the wheel out further than most. Would normal 17x8 offset 38 wheels sit past the fender at that point or what sizes wheels do you run with this setup since I think you have the indy kit?

I have 17x8 +37 right now and it sits flush and drives great, definitely doesn't sit outside the fender. See pics

7992c2f8ebb10a3bd0feccfec1418f1e.jpg

907168b954c4064fb7b744d84410a07a.jpg

Back