• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would be the most "factory original" boosted kit ?

What would you consider to be the most factory original forced induction kit ?
Wasn't GruppeM the first and done with factory approval ?
I know Comptech was a dealer authorized mod with a warranty.
Or perhaps a hidden turbo system tucked under the car with a modded intake box ?
I'd really like 100 extra HP which the car needed from day one but don't want to screw up the originality.
Can you have your cake and eat it too ?

I believe the Comptec would be considered the most "Factory original" FI application.
I have heard of quite a few cars sold with them new from the dealer.

No turbo system is going to be considered anything close to "original".

afaik in the US comptech made a deal with some dealers to have it included in there options list meaning they would install and service it....with blessings from acura US......this was not a factory or oem application...not sure about Gruppe M

No forced induction system is factory original. They are all aftermarket. But a few CTSC systems, if installed by the dealer, would not void your warranty. As for turbo systems, the SOS kit is the system that's closest to what the factory would have used. Its setup is very similar to the system to be used on the next generation NSX's Twin Turbo V-6. The turbos are in the engine bay and only the intercooler is outside the engine bay. And speaking of engine bay, with most turbo kits the look of your engine bay changes very little. That could be a positive or negative depending on your taste in mods. Also, it should be noted that turbo kits tend to cost a little more than CTSC. This is my engine bay....boring to most and the way I like it.

Attachments

• 20140904_105315.jpg
    20140904_105315.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 294
SOS Twin Turbo at 8.5 lbs of boost matched to the stock engine. It get's 440 rwhp. I just liked how it worked with the OEM look I wanted to keep and it's as close to what the factory would have used had they kept developing the NSX IMO.

Last edited:
I would have to admit that even with my own "bias" - I would have to agree that the CTSC is the most "factory-ish" kit out there.

There have been many times that I have even thought about having my own CTSC setup since it seems like the car should have just come like that from the factory - if it were not for the limitations and the fact that I know I personally would just end up wanting "more" - I might have even made the decision to get one.

I'm going to say the SOS twin turbo kit is the most OEM like. The Comptech is far simpler but not a huge upgrade to the car IMHO. Many will disagree that the CTSC is very reliable and Comptech was Honda's factory racing partner and yada yada yada but it is so boring that if you are really looking for $10k well spent turbo is the only real option. Many cars of that era are oem twin turbo and had the NSX been built as such it would have been similar to the SOS kit and it would have blown away the competition by decades. It would have likely had forged engine internals and all the stuff that breaks on turbo cars now would have been resolved from the factory. Imagine a 2JZ type power capability in a car like the NSX. No equals. But they didn't so without an engine build you will be limited to 400whp, which is still a lot of fun if it's a turbo with 300lbft of torque to match.

Also, you must be kidding about the Gruppe M being OEM LOL. That thing is monstrous!!!

I like my ctsc low boost on my 93. Installed and adjust one time. No extra tuning. Have not been in shop since installed for anything. Im pleased with it.

Back