• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2014 NASA Regional Season Champion TTU

Coz

Legendary Member
Through all the ups and downs this year, now that it's over, I can can say it was worth it.
Now onto 2015

I wasn't the fastest by any means in class, in fact I probably got in the way sometimes

One thing I learned about life long ago is you never give up and you never give in. Through tenacity, perseverance and being consistent, we accomplished something I couldn't be more honored and proud of. This ranks right up there with winning my first horse race as a professional jockey over 40 years ago. It sure wasn't an easy task by any means, and I couldn't have ever done it without the help from so many.

So....I have to GIVE BIG THANKS to those that helped so much to make this possible.

Nick at Applied Motorsports, BIGTIME ! My Friend, My Brother, My Hero, My Mentor.
Tage and Adina for all they do for us by running NASA-AZ and for the trust by allowing me to be an instructor with NASA-AZ.
John Dowling, our Chief Driving Instructor for being my boss and trusting me as he does.
Kyle at US Customs, my other son that does so much when I need help with anything and fabrication
EXEDY Racing Clutch's for the GREAT clutches that don't fail and for standing beside me for all these years every step of the way.
Ramon from Finish Line for all the help keeping us looking good !
The Snail Performance boys for all they're support, encouragement and cheering me onward every step of the way !
Jorge at Minds Corp for taking care of a brother so well.
Mike Jr at Carbotech for always being there to make sure I stop.
Steve at Race Engine Development for the great sleeve machine work and friendship.
John at Darton Sleeves for such great sleeves that don't fail.
Nate at CT Engineering for all you do to keep us going and going and going.
KW for the devoted and never ending suspension support.
Marty at Turbosmart for giving me a BOOST when I needed it most.
Willy at MASIV Radiators for keeping me Cool Running
Jeff & Lonnie at Network Alignment for always keeping me on course.
Tony at Qstarz for keeping me in time !
Devin at AEM for all the help & support keeping my ECU working.
Gabe at JDM for their continual support and encouragement.
Morgan at SPA for great gauges, support and help along the way.
Ken & Fes at FXMD, who got me started and have always supported my efforts.
Billy Johnson, for his friendship, help and guidance along the way with driving, car set up and the many years we've known each other. I love ya young man
To my NASA-AZ family, our Corner Workers and Safety Crews that keep us safe and all of our Officials that I am so proud of to be out there racing and driving with. What a great family to be so lucky to belong to. Its all of you that really keeps me coming out ! Thanks for an incredible year one and all.

...and to Tony Szirka....at UMS Tuning, who should have won this, if he'd stop breaking shit all the time...Thanks Tony, for the great tuning and for always being there to help me when I needed it to keep me on track and running at the events, no matter why or how much I pestered you. You are a true gentleman, sportsman, friend and someone I am very proud and honored to call a brother.

...and to my wife, who keeps telling me she doesn't see her name on the car and still puts up with me. I love you my Dolly, thanks for putting up with me for 34 years...so far

This truly belongs to all of us !
I just get to take it home
I can't thank you all enough !

2014 NASA Regional Season Champion TTU

Attachments

• DSC02349.jpg
    DSC02349.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02325.jpg
    DSC02325.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02326.jpg
    DSC02326.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 44
Congratulations Coz! I'm looking forward to see you again next year at NSXPO hopefully. And you still own me that ride along ;)

Good chance I will be there :) and you bet on that ride along, it will be my pleasure.
Thanks !

Congratulations Coz! I'm looking forward to see you again next year at NSXPO hopefully. And you still own me that ride along ;)

Thanks Roger !

Congrats! ;)

wow so you went from 1 hp to 500:eek:

Thanks Guys !

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Doc, and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to stuff 500 horses into a NSX engine bay ;-)

wow so you went from 1 hp to 500:eek:

Nice work Coz! Congratulations.

Thanks Ryan !

Congrats Jim and good luck in 2015!!!!!

love your work Jim, looking forward to 2015 and all the changes to the car bringing even more success

Thanks Les !

Congrats Jim and good luck in 2015!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Sir....Some changes are in the works and I look forward to seeing the improvements as well !

love your work Jim, looking forward to 2015 and all the changes to the car bringing even more success

Great Job, its a lot of work and something to be proud of, but I would not be resting too much. Its always better to be racing than resting.

I have to get to the west coast and see a race, you guys look like you are having a blast. Be SAFE and FAST in 2015.

Dave

Thanks Dave...you are one of the few that actually know how hard it is to be committed and dedicated for a full single season of events in class, let alone 4 seasons in a row.
Man, I need a vacation ;-)

Making several changes for 2015 as we were discussing in another thread and really looking forward to going back out running with those changes of less power and more grip.

Would love to have you come out sometime and spend a weekend at the track with us, you can stay at my house while your here, we have plenty of room :)
Let me know when brother !

Great Job, its a lot of work and something to be proud of, but I would not be resting too much. Its always better to be racing than resting.

I have to get to the west coast and see a race, you guys look like you are having a blast. Be SAFE and FAST in 2015.

Dave

Last edited:
Very cool !
Most likely TTB or TT3 depending on your P/W and mods.
Good luck !

Thanks for the inspiration. I will be competing in NASA TT next year in Florida. Don't know which class yet.

Thanks Mark !

Back