• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Non-Compliance Alignment

Looking for advice regarding alignment following non-compliance gear install for a street/track setup. I searched for an answer but was unable to find a discussion dedicated to this topic.

I know some of the stock alignment specs are to remove compliance from the system, but with a physical removal of compliance, I assume settings should be modified, right?

My specs are as follows:

KW V3 coilovers

Dali racing anti-sway bars front & rear (unknown model)

BC Forged RS-43 Wheels (no spacers):
- 17x8 +45 front
- 18x9.5 +40 rear

Falken Azenis RT-615K tires:
- 215/40R17 front
- 265/35R18 rear

Non-compliance rear beam bushings, rear toe links and front pivot clamps.

I intend to use the car for 50/50 street and track use. Any assistance (especially from the suspension pros) would be very helpful.

give yourself about an inch of tire fender clearance ,read up on the normal front to rear rake for ride height.without getting too technical I would ask for the 91 factory alignment,but max out front - camber.

Perhaps a dumb question but why does the non-compliance stuff change your desired alignment? I thought it just removed "slop" from the suspension. Obviously I am not a suspension expert, just trying to learn from people who know more than me.

I'm not a suspension expert either, which is why I'm reaching out to the community, but my understanding is that some of the stock alignment setup is intended to push/pull the "slop" out of the suspension. My question is based solely on the change in that mechanical "slop".

I did a write up a while ago somewhere. Cliff notes: Personal preference and many track miles I have found that I like the handling characteristic of the car much more with 0 rear toe after doing the non compliance bushings new ball joints and non comp toe rods.

My milage may very, I have pretty aggressive areo, camber and spring set up.

I should have mentioned that my suspension specs and compliance is nearly identical to what you have and the car is very balanced it also does not chew the tires up for general driving, I drive the car to the track and back the only thing I change is when I drive home I back off the clicks on the top of the shocks 6 clicks so it's a bit softer on the road and obviously tire pressure when out on track.

[MENTION=24046]scammy[/MENTION]
reading your alignment specs made me curious. Did you ever check how much maximum camber you get with 10° caster? I actually did that when I set up my nsx. I have 1° camber and around 9.5° caster. That added up to a little over 4° maximum camber at full steering angle. I always thought 3.5° camber is the max one should run with sport tires.
I had 0.5° camber initially before the alignment adjustment and I liked that more. With the current alignment I get intermittent understeer in tight slow speed corners. Its like grip, no grip, grip, no grip and gets worse with steering angle.

Bernhard

That camber is maxed out there we couldnt get anymore, however car is in the shop and we are going to look at where we have the camber kit bushings set although i must say it handled exceptionally well at the last track day and i was only 5seconds off the track cars on full slicks. understeer was gone but i understand the grip issue it was more like the tire just didnt have anymore to give (fast corners tho)however you could feel it and correct it. I have some Nitto's on order.

I've been running like this for last two years. Stock height, stock springs, bilstein shocks. Dali street bars: rear on middle hole and front max stiffness. Pretty happy and don't plan on changing anything. This was our second setup with Darin@westalignment

d757dd2889c00bfef277c197d76e2c8d.jpg

Back