• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What on EARTH is going on with NSX prices right meow?

I've been distracted for the last couple of years...but good grief looking through the for sale forum the prices are flying up!

I still own my 98. Thinking about selling it but not because of the prices and not because I don't love it because I absolutely adore it (being my 3rd). Walked a Gallardo the other day, handily. But I digress...

Surely this rate of increase is not sustainable? What is everyone's take? I saw Yahoo article saying it is collectible now...but that isn't news.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that there is a huge difference in what people are asking and what people are getting. I myself are finding asking prices quite ridiculous - hence why their vehicle has not sold yet. I have noticed that in the past 2 years that the demand has gone up a bit which can compensate people for asking a bit more.

Keep in mind that there is a huge difference in what people are asking and what people are getting. I myself are finding asking prices quite ridiculous - hence why their vehicle has not sold yet. I have noticed that in the past 2 years that the demand has gone up a bit which can compensate people for asking a bit more.

No doubt but I'm seeing a lot of these marked as sold within days. In any case, I guess it is a good sign for us existing owners. I'd be curious to find out what sort of final offers they are taking.

It's just that the time is purr-fect right meow for prices that are like "bow-wow". It will be a bark day when prices start going down. Prices now are otherworldly and in orbit.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm such an @ss.

Last edited:
It's just that the time is purr-fect right meow for prices that are like "bow-wow". It will be a bark day when prices start going down. Prices now are otherworldly and in orbit.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm such an @ss.

I was going respond but a cat had my tongue. "Ba-dum-dum"

nsx prices are jumping like a scalded...........

don't pussy-foot around if you find a good one............

They'll continue to rise in proportion to condition, rarity and supply vs demand for a few more years then they'll flatten out till the next financial crump: then they'll drop like everything else. If we want the prices to go up hold on to them, if we want them to go down then everybody start selling.

I'm just glad I bought the 01 right after the "gotta get an NSX now" aired on youtube. Its a personal reference really. I'm seeing some pop-ups selling for 10k~15k over what I got with more mileage for the past 10 months since I got mine.

I'm just glad I bought the 01 right after the "gotta get an NSX now" aired on youtube. Its a personal reference really. I'm seeing some pop-ups selling for 10k~15k over what I got with more mileage for the past 10 months since I got mine.

Its funny you mention... I started shopping after I watched that video, I was not aware of the market. I thought the NSX was more expensive at the time of the video.

Inflation....

It's not only the NSX, it's Supra's, S2000's, RX7's, Vipers, pretty much every limited or unique vehicle from the 90's and early 2000's are going up like mad right now. Although Viper's are probably still a tad undervalued in the 30's (a few years ago 18k was common). I can't find a decent, unmolested RX7 or Supra for less than 30k it seems, and a few years ago those can be had as low as $12k if you were patient.

I think there's still more room to go with the NSX. Of course the only way mine will be sold is when I'm dead.

Its funny you mention... I started shopping after I watched that video, I was not aware of the market. I thought the NSX was more expensive at the time of the video.

I always wanted an NSX but it's out of my budget by 30k back in 2004 so I went with the E46 M3 instead. I started looking since November last year and found one just when the show aired. So I guess I was lucky because I started shopping before I saw the show. LOL

I'm living the dream now. Perfect garage minus a GT3 and an E39 M5. Woohoo!

Last edited:
perrrrfect cars are appreciating...............

Maybe the high asking prices aren't so out of this world. An ad went up for an NSX similar to mine, and I thought the price was at least 5k too high. It sold for little less than the ad price....in 10 days.

I always wanted an NSX but it's out of my budget by 30k back in 2004 so I went with the E46 M3 instead. I started looking since November last year and found one just when the show aired. So I guess I was lucky because I started shopping before I saw the show. LOL

I'm living the dream now. Perfect garage minus a GT3 and an E39 M5. Woohoo!

BTW I don't think the E39 M5 is going to get much cheaper. Might be a good time to scoop one up soon... I had to let mine go. Had the rod bearing then rod knock problem and it wasn't worth dropping the cash into it for what I could get selling it to a professional mechanic. One of the best cars I have owned though aside from that. Handling was phenomenal for the size and weight.

Inflation....

It's not only the NSX, it's Supra's, S2000's, RX7's, Vipers, pretty much every limited or unique vehicle from the 90's and early 2000's are going up like mad right now. Although Viper's are probably still a tad undervalued in the 30's (a few years ago 18k was common). I can't find a decent, unmolested RX7 or Supra for less than 30k it seems, and a few years ago those can be had as low as $12k if you were patient.

I think there's still more room to go with the NSX. Of course the only way mine will be sold is when I'm dead.

You know...I've been musing aloud about the values of exotics/classics etc... to my friends over the last few years. I think the stock market has bubbled up as an escape from currency inflation and now I think people with money are scooping up physical assets to put their dollars in. I dunno...maybe I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist. I think there will be a major correction in the collectible car market soon...

I've been keeping a close tabby on prices and they have been going up.

But they'll have to paws at some point before they tail off.

I just this article making the rounds too: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-collectible-cars-right-now-180815155.html

if the stock market corrects, the car market may be littered with inventory

I took a look at one in Garfield, NJ the other day. Nice car but the seller was asking too much. I don't have that kind of scratch.

The engine was making a slight hissing noise. I'll try and post the lynx to it.

Last edited:
There is some validity to the collector car market bubble bursting... However there are a couple of things that will prevent from a total meltdown in the market in my opinion, and it could either be on our side, or against us depending on if you're a buyer or current owner:

1. The inventory will always decrease over time. Unless of course everyone stores their vehicles in an underground bunker protected from all natural disasters, and never, ever drives them.
2. The population continues to increase, thus the vehicle enthusiasts buyer pool, and a percentage of that pool will be wealthy, or budget appropriately to obtain their dream vehicle(s).
3. For some reason, the rich keep getting richer - and they'll pay anything for things they want. Just look at the most recent NEW exotics, selling like mad, people apparently don't blink twice about dropping 250K on an new exotic these days (boy that makes $50k for a rare exotic look cheap now doesn't it? lol).. Ferrari had to intentionally lower production numbers (has that ever happened in the past?). People were even making insane offers on a Hellcat.

Last edited:
will have a couple NSX's up for grabs very soon not because of money but because my current number of NSX's owned is starting to fill my garage to bursting seems. cant fit anymore in there.

Will never sell my 92 its complete, build wise there is nothing else I will do to it.

Last edited:
I took a look at one in Garfield, NJ the other day. Nice car but the seller was asking too much. I don't have that kind of scratch.

The engine was making a slight hissing noise. I'll try and post the lynx to it.

wow small world ...a good bud of mine lives in Garfield ..Felix is his name.....he's so busy though trying to herd him is next to impossible.

wow small world ...a good bud of mine lives in Garfield ..Felix is his name.....he's so busy though trying to herd him is next to impossible.

His last name wouldn't be Heathcliff by any chance? I knew a Felix Heathcliff from that area. He had a brother, Morris. They were Siamese twins.

those morris twins are amazing,they have 9 lives.... the wild stuff they do and the risky activities they always seem to land on their feet.....

Back