• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where is Shad?

[MENTION=28697]nsx-sf[/MENTION] did you see a white nsx there?

If you call and he doesn't pick up, try leaving a voice message if possible. And/or try email too.

Shad''s around.. he answers emails. Guy is busy.

Best of luck. I gave up on shad after 3 months of calls and emails. Ended up going somewhere else to fix the work his shop did. I dropped a lot of money and was a repeat customer but not anymore.

Sure:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178499-Sudden-drop-in-fuel-efficiency

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-in-contact-with-Shad-Driving-Ambition-lately

Short version is I had a few questions (including why my mileage was so bad, alignment questions, make an appointment for additional work) for Shad after spending what to me was a lot of money with him. Shad only called me back after I reached out to CT Engineering to ask for their help in contacting him. He happened to call while I was driving, so I called him back but no luck. I tried to get a hold of Shad for about 3 months total via phone and email. No luck.

At the last dyno day I discussed this with another NSX owner who spent 3x what I did and had the same experience. He also spent a lot of money having rework done by another shop.

My personal opinion is I would not take my car to Shad.

Sure:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178499-Sudden-drop-in-fuel-efficiency

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-in-contact-with-Shad-Driving-Ambition-lately

Short version is I had a few questions (including why my mileage was so bad, alignment questions, make an appointment for additional work) for Shad after spending what to me was a lot of money with him. Shad only called me back after I reached out to CT Engineering to ask for their help in contacting him. He happened to call while I was driving, so I called him back but no luck. I tried to get a hold of Shad for about 3 months total via phone and email. No luck.

At the last dyno day I discussed this with another NSX owner who spent 3x what I did and had the same experience. He also spent a lot of money having rework done by another shop.

My personal opinion is I would not take my car to Shad.

So aside from lack of communication did you find the cause to why your mpg went down?

Last edited:
Never did figure out the mileage and probably won't be able to. I did the RDX injector upgrade a few months ago and my driving habits with the car have drastically changed since I got a new job so I have much fewer opportunities to try and hit high mpgs for a full tank.

Don't want to derail the thread too much, if you can't get ahold of Shad I would ask if that's really who you want to rely on when something goes wrong. I did and ended up taking the car elsewhere, which was a headache.

So essentially your only problem was customer support after work has been completed. I think it would be beneficial to see what exactly was done improperly or caused issued down the road. Was spark plugs replacement requested with the service? Or did you ask to at least take them out and check? It's still not clear what you think was not done right. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Yeah, my main issue is Shad was impossible to reach. Consider the situation, I just got my car back from him, spent a lot of money and I was having an issue with the car that did not exist before. When the car started backfiring, I had already been trying to get a hold of him for weeks. Shad was either too busy or didn't care to get back to me. Keep in mind when I was scheduling my service he was very responsive. That's my main issue and why i added my 2 cents to this thread. If you can't get a hold of someone for a long time, then sending your car to that person is probably not a good idea. When there was money to be made, Shad was responsive. As soon as I had an issue or question, no response.

I'd love to find out what else, if anything, was done improperly. The spark plugs should have been changed, from what I understand, as a part of the TB/WP and valve adjustment, but I could be misinformed.

I have spoken to other NSX owners who have had similar experiences with Shad, but I don't feel it's appropriate for me to share their stories since it's all second hand.

Never did figure out the mileage and probably won't be able to. I did the RDX injector upgrade a few months ago and my driving habits with the car have drastically changed since I got a new job so I have much fewer opportunities to try and hit high mpgs for a full tank.

Don't want to derail the thread too much, if you can't get ahold of Shad I would ask if that's really who you want to rely on when something goes wrong. I did and ended up taking the car elsewhere, which was a headache.

where did you bring your car to fix the problems? Did you resolve the problems? I want to have the future reference from you.

I took the car to Acura of Fremont after talking to Justin Winn, a NSX owner and service writer there. While the dealer might not normally be my first choice it worked well for me. I had a loaner car while they had my car and they did a very thorough job checking out all possible sources of the backfire.

I took the car to Acura of Fremont after talking to Justin Winn, a NSX owner and service writer there. While the dealer might not normally be my first choice it worked well for me. I had a loaner car while they had my car and they did a very thorough job checking out all possible sources of the backfire.

That's been my go-to place when I had the engine rebuilt.

They did a pretty darn good job considering that it was with a SOS S/C

Justin Winn and his guys at Acura Fremont are awesome. With Jim Russell sadly out of the game and Shad apparently increasingly hard to reach they are an incredibly valuable local resource and I hope they stick around for a long time. They do great work on my car (stock power train) but also on BATMANs' so clearly they are not uncomfortable with heavily modified NSXs.

my car service was done by Shad 2 times. I have the same feelings as yours. However, he did a good job and nothing wrong with my car. I think he is expensive and only if there is monies to be made, otherwise he won't call u back. I will bring my car to dealer from now on.

Just got my car back from Shad....it runs smoothly and is fun to drive again.

In deciding where to have the car serviced, the posts by other members recounting issues were noted and taken into consideration.

As with many situations in working with the public, each person's experience and perception may be different...I can only relate mine. Throughout the entire transaction, I had straight forward comms with honest and reasonable feedback from Shad. I'd like to think he could say the same of me.

I took some of his recommendations for the types of work the car needed to have and I am comfortable with those decisions. There were some issues from a previous service at another shop that were addressed and would have continued unnoticed if I was absolutely set on just the service work I wanted done.

Again, my experience and $0.02..

Last edited:
Hi Mohammad,
I am very sorry, i totally forgot you called me about your mileage change after the work we did. I would very much like to try and figure out what happened. Did you get it fixed somewhere else or are still having the trouble? Again, very sorry for not being in better contact, I have made some major changes in the last year and i should be reachable. Cheers,
Shad

Thanks Shad,

I appreciate the follow up. I honestly don't know if the issue has been resolved since my car went from daily driver to strictly weekends and track days, and I did the RDX injector mod with a ECU reflash in the meantime.

Again, I appreciate the response.

Sorry again,
Please let me know when you might be able to stop by, i would like to get it on the dyno and check to make sure it is making the correct HP. If it is back firing there could be something very wrong (Cam timing, bad coil, bad ignitor, etc) and it would be nice to know. Please let me know if you could make by. Cheers, Shad

Thanks Shad. Are you open on weekends at all? I'm down the the East Bay.

I did dyno the car a couple months back and it seemed healthy, made 268 at the wheels. I would post the sheet but I don't know where it is.

Back