• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW NSX Owners Facebook Group

Check it out if you haven't already. This is an owners only facebook group. Link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319143418281075/

Keep in mind the nsxprime facebook group is also active and live (mix of owners/prospective owners/etc).

**Please message an admin of the owners group if you are not added within 24 hours. We try to authenticate owners by looking at profiles, but some users don't have any mutual nsx "friends," or pics of their car on their personal fb page to help with ownership validation**

Last edited:
Why???

Isn't that what nsxprime was supposed to be??? It seems like all the FB groups are slowly killing off Prime....kinda sucks.

I got off of FB years ago and don't plan on going back.... I'll just stick to Prime where I don't have to worry about friend request and here about what aunt Sally cooked for dinner last night:tongue:

I just quit the other group this week, due to too many juvenile comments and spats. Maybe this one will be better.

Why???

Isn't that what nsxprime was supposed to be??? It seems like all the FB groups are slowly killing off Prime....kinda sucks.

I got off of FB years ago and don't plan on going back.... I'll just stick to Prime where I don't have to worry about friend request and here about what aunt Sally cooked for dinner last night:tongue:
It is killing off prime. I didn't realize it until i joined it a couple months ago. I would say its as active as the Prime, if not more.

FB is the devil in disguise....

There doesn't seem to be any quality posts on the FB page. Not much real information. Just conversation.

Remember "Show and Tell" in pre school? Well today we have "Facebook"

Last edited:
FB is the natural evolution of things. And in fact, it gives you a chance to directly communicate easier with people who use FB a lot. Furthermore, it tends to force people to use real names and identities which allays some of the fighting somewhat. My biggest gripe about FB is the inability to search for information and the complete anarchy that arises without any categorization. Hence, I try to post and follow on both.

As for FB Prime vs FB Owner's group. I'm in the Owner's group primarily. It's just nice to discuss with people who own the car. This is a little unfortunate, because as a prospective buyer - you're now wading through information that is less owner oriented - which could be of value.

As an owner of several forums, I agree that social media has really made an impact. I've seen the decline in activity/traffic/ and my ad revenue go significantly down over the last 3-4 years. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do about this. This is what people want these days, a "quick fix" and easy access. From a social standpoint, FB is great. From a technical and enthusiast perspective, facebook is TERRIBLE. If people want to post up a DIY or technical info, good luck trying to find it in a "group." Is there room for both? Yes. We just need to learn to adapt.

FB is more of a casual look to see whats happening but if you want some valuable info you have to go here

I find value in the, "...one a day..." posts. (Kidding, inside joke if you look at the posts.)

I see value in both platforms. I like this site for the deep technical posts that can easily be followed and searched. I like FB for quick, trending updates. FWIW, I don't get updates "pushed" to me from this site. I have to actively look for updates. On FB, I have no choice. Well, I do. I can unsubscribe I suppose.

Generally, I am not a FB user.

For the statisticians; married Caucasian male, over 45, kids, house, career (i.e. not independently wealthy). Like long walks on the beach.

For those of us that are on Facebook, I'm glad the owners group was created. The NSX prime group was full of worthless, immature, rhetoric that was unhelpful and unwanted.

At any rate, the owners group is back to the level and quality of prime. I do spend quite a bit of time on the mothership.

And Steven... someday my friend.. Someday!

I'm on Prime and FB a lot less nowadays due to several things (my Prime time comes & goes in waves depending upon life's other priorities, like probably for most of us) but: I don't think anyone who's not on FB or just not familiar with FB is missing out on anything other than fun banter and the occasional interesting photo, because the mechanics of FB are more for bursts of information and short-lived conversations in a sequential non-organized manner, to describe it one way. I personally don't think there's any significant brain-drain or lost tech info that anyone has to worry about. FB gives you the opp to post a link or photo and then comment directly to it in a more linear & conversational way than a typical bb forum thread can do; makes for some fun banter and almost a conversation, which is actually a lot of fun when it involves friends you don't get to see in person often or who you've met at NSXPO and see once a year and can now keep "in touch" with. But it seems like FB posts and those conversations are pretty short-lived, since FB posts are sequential without any organization, whereas a thread on Prime can go on for a while and be easily searched for later.

NSXPrime group on FB is like eating in at McDonalds at the same time that 100 8th graders on a school trip show up for lunch too. NSX owner's group on FB is like cocktail hour at NSXPO. NSX Prime is like an extended lunch & tech session at NSXPO but with someone keeping good minutes. The NSXmobilia FB page is like a constantly refreshed memorabilia table at NSXPO. :) All different experiences but all uniquely enriching or entertaining.

I'm posting this only because I was kind of disappointed 1-2 years ago myself when I saw posts that the FB NSXPrime site was the place to be, thinking that's going to make Prime less interesting. Now that I belong to both and know better, I figured I'd give my 2 cents. They really are different, and both are fun to be a part of. As for FB: you can choose who sees you (and what they're able to see or not see) and whom you want to see & hear from, and it's a fantastic way to keep in touch with far away friends & family & new buds from NSXPO. It's as bad or good or private or public as you want to make it.

And then there's instagram, which @Teej convinced me to join this past October in Columbus, which is like seeing a new NSXPO dinner slide show presentation every day!

Last edited:
On this forum we can't unfriend posters like Nick or that Ukrainian idiot that show up under different screen names. On second thought, why would I unfriend them they're so damn entertaining.

I've joined the Facebook NSX owners group.
Restricting membership to owners only keeps the page relevant and interesting.

The NSX Prime Facebook group has a constant flow of posters showing pics of their pets, or wanting to trade their Civic for an NSX, or pics of a Nissan 240Z, etc. etc.
Little or no real NSX value and I dropped out.

Back