• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Urethane Suspension Bushing Kit in Development

Well is there price published for general public?

Not that I'm aware of.
You'll have to contact Dee Engineering or Prothane and ask. They just finished developing the parts a few days ago, don't know if they have them available for sale yet.

Attachments

• IMGP0365.jpg
    IMGP0365.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 406
  • IMGP0380.jpg
    IMGP0380.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMGP0381.jpg
    IMGP0381.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Are the delrin bushings jut a press fit or did you use an adhesive to keep them in place?

delrin bushings are not new. Used a lot in vintage racing because its easy to machine.

bernhard

Correct, nothing new about them at all. In fact most of the offroad race teams use them because of the durability and self lubrication properties.
If they can withstand the torture of off road racing, anything I throw at them they will laugh at, and I beat my car up far more than 99% of those here.
They are pressed in. There is no point using adhesive when your pressing something in since all the adhesive would be pressed out during the process if done correctly anyway.

Are the delrin bushings jut a press fit or did you use an adhesive to keep them in place?

delrin bushings are not new. Used a lot in vintage racing because its easy to machine.

bernhard

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, polyurethane bushing are much more pliable (flexible) than Delrin.
Which is exactly why I didn't use polyurethane. I don't want any flexing in my suspension control arms that causes deflection alignment changes under load on the race track.
Had my NSX aligned today after installing them for racing this Saturday, what a difference on the drive home, love how it feels now.
Much tighter front end wise and steers like a go-cart.

It's also much harder than poly bushings, at least Energy Suspension red bushings and i suspect the above mentioned are quite more flexible than Delrin.

Last edited:
That's true, Delrin is quite resistant to almost everything (it's not unlike Teflon) but what about comfort, that means now you can feel every imperfection of the road, something your back might remind you after a long drive ;)

Didn't seem to change that, but if it did on long drives, I would make the adjustment on my shock compression settings.

Last edited:
chussey, your inbox is full, trying to send you a message. PM me?

Dee Engineering has now released the Front and Rear suspension kits as kit # 8-225 & 8-323, they have provided to me a picture of the spec sheet is attached.

This is awesome!! We have needed a good non-solid option for these cars forever.

Huge props to everyone involved in this project.

Not really since your front assembles have to be removed to put them in.
It was something I did for my own NSX.

Are those derlin bushings available to purchase?

Back