• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Urethane Suspension Bushing Kit in Development

Ok, so at least the initial install will require some serious wrenching. I suppose my concern is if periodic servicing/replacement is going to require separating the ball joints each time- always a risky proposition on the NSX. 10k-15k miles is not a lot of interval on a daily like my car.

I have run poly bushing for way longer than 15k miles without issues even in my daily with real winter use which they normally don't like much.

Bernhard

OEM hard rubber would be the best way to go. It is usually more for hard rubber over urethane, but well worth the little extra. I like poly bushings but even with grease and wrapping them in Teflon tape it will still squeak after a while. Grease/Teflon is the way to go for all bushings you can't get in hard rubber.

I looked through my notes and my BMWs trailing arm bushing lasted ~30k miles. The other poly bushings were still fine but I'm not sure if the nsxs control arm bushings would have as significant of an issue due to its susepnsion design and bushing thickness. I'd suspect not.

I like the idea of a full kit, but I think rubber would be more beneficial for a day to day kit. Not saying I am out, if they only produce a poly kit.

Hello, Im a new member to nsx prime from UK, I was just wondering if Dee engineering had released the kit that you mention yet. Many thanks Andy

I talked to Dee Engineering today & they told me the kit should be released in a few weeks! Can't wait to replace the tired 25 year old rubber! I have done several other cars with these urethane kits and can make a dramatic difference in handling. What I have found is that you sometimes have to be selective and experiment regarding which components to use in these kits to balance performance vs comfort. Ex: I recently completed my FRS with a urethane kit, and had to swap back the strut top bushings to oem rubber, reduce the coilover spring rates, and swap back the rear frame bushings back to oem rubber & the ride is now very compliant but super crisp. FYI: These kits require a LOT of labor to install and take a lot or patience & tricks, and have not found squeaking to be an issue when property lubricated.

Great... More things to buy... Guess it's an alternative to cedar ridges mono all bushings that are 4k for the set

Talked to Dee Engineering today. They said they are almost done. They are finishing up the Engine mounts & will take a few more weeks.

I received my car back with their full urethane suspension kit. Ride is much firmer, but not harsh at all. Everything just feels tighter.
Their bushings have a textured surface on the urethane where it pivots during suspension movement. This helps to hold grease and should give much better longevity than most urethane bushings.
I will give some more feedback after getting a chance to attend a track day.

I gave Dee Engineering a spare full set of engine mounts that I had laying around. Don't yet know if they plan to reproduce some or all in urethane.
I have not gotten any info on pricing.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed.jpg

That looks cool. Looking forward to your review after the track test. Would be a shame if those aren't available as a kit for everyone in the future.

Has anyone ever tried to find the bushings from energy suspension? I believe Honda has used the same bushings in more than one car dimensionwise ... At least all other Honda cars share a lot of suspension bushings at least throughout a certain period of manufacturing years.

Bernhard

That looks cool. Looking forward to your review after the track test. Would be a shame if those aren't available as a kit for everyone in the future.

Has anyone ever tried to find the bushings from energy suspension? I believe Honda has used the same bushings in more than one car dimensionwise ... At least all other Honda cars share a lot of suspension bushings at least throughout a certain period of manufacturing years.

Bernhard

They will definitely be available as a full kit at some point, Dee Engineering should be releasing it to the public soon.

I had the same thought that some bushings might cross over to other Hondas, but when I picked up my car they informed me that nearly every bushing had to be custom made.

I remember i checked on Energy Suspension and they had no reference for NSX. They do cross check references so indeed it's a completely specific kit for the NSX. Let's hope they market it at some point, when i replaced everything on my Prelude it really transformed the car.

Dee Engineering has now released the Front and Rear suspension kits as kit # 8-225 & 8-323, they have provided to me a picture of the spec sheet is attached. They said that that they are now making the kits and will be on the shelf in about another week. They said the motor mount kit is still not released and should take another week. They asked me to place my order with their distributer DST. The pricing I was given was $59.97 & $245.38. DST phone number is 888-406-2330 x 114. If you compare this pricing to other options, the savings is thousands on dollars.

. View attachment 8-323.pdfView attachment 8-225.pdf

i just tried to buy the two sets on the prothane online shop. They charge me $6179 for shipping to Europe ... I think there is some kind of mistake in the online shop with the weight of the parts. It states its 2000lbs :D ...

Bernhard

At this price they come in business class and are brought to you by a half naked supermodel with champagne :D

must be a dozen supermodels at 2000lbs of weight ... I wouldn't mind though :D

Got the reply from customer service. They said they will get the parts soon and update the online shop as soon as they have them. He notifies me when they are available.

Bernhard

Dee Engineering has finished the engine mounts. I am now just waiting to have them shipped back to me, looking forward to trying them out.

urethane mounts.jpg

Back