• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heated leather seats...

Any of you have heated leather seats?

Seems like an odd request, but it sure is handy in the winter around here.

So, if you do have them, where did you get them? I need to replace the leathers on mine anyway and would like to add this feature if it is turn-key.

TIA.

get the SOS 4 button coin tray insert they sell then

then get the kit Larry suggested

then get some used acura legend heater switches that fits into the SOS 4 button coin tray insert

wire them up and good to go and its true OEM

- - - Updated - - -

there was a thread years ago about this here is the pic of the legend button installed in an NSX

22.jpg

its all been done before, LOL all new nsx owners have great ideas but they are years too late LOL

if new owers didn't have the same ideas other owners have had since 1991 they are just drivers and garage queen owners they just drive it and park it.

I am trying to do the heated seats with aftermarket inserts like suggested above along with maybe having the foam cut down since I am 6'1" and could use the extra headroom. I have the camel color perforated leather seats in mine.

However, I asked an upholstery shop about this and they had the following comment:
Seat cushions and backrest are not flat, they have the divisions...so the heating elements wouldn't lay flat on the seat because of the way the seat is divided up by the stitching.

Anyone put the inserts for heating pads in or found this really isn't an issue? Don't want to have someone try without knowing it can work. Also I thought about just buying the Dali Racing lowered seat cushion and getting it rewrapped to match my interior and getting the heating element inserted at that time. Although this seems like an expensive option and still doesn't help with getting a heating element into the backrest.

Anybody elaborate on what they did?

Thanks,
Tex

I am trying to do the heated seats with aftermarket inserts like suggested above along with maybe having the foam cut down since I am 6'1" and could use the extra headroom. I have the camel color perforated leather seats in mine.

However, I asked an upholstery shop about this and they had the following comment:
Seat cushions and backrest are not flat, they have the divisions...so the heating elements wouldn't lay flat on the seat because of the way the seat is divided up by the stitching.

Anyone put the inserts for heating pads in or found this really isn't an issue? Don't want to have someone try without knowing it can work. Also I thought about just buying the Dali Racing lowered seat cushion and getting it rewrapped to match my interior and getting the heating element inserted at that time. Although this seems like an expensive option and still doesn't help with getting a heating element into the backrest.

Anybody elaborate on what they did?

Thanks,
Tex

The photo shawn shows in my installation. The seat heater pad is simply pushed into the long "grooves" of the foam. they lay flat. I'll look for a pic of an example install. Had them for many years and work great, no issues. The heater pad is maybe 1/8" to 1/4" thick if even that thick. I can't even notice any headroom difference, probably the foam compresses a little when you put the covers back on.

- - - Updated - - -

elementinstall1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I also posted up a few years ago a wiring diagram to use the TL seat heater switches.

Last edited:
Nsxter,

Thanks for posting your pic of how the heating element could just push down into the gaps without issue. The upolstry guy was very unsure it could be done. Now I have a pic showing it works. I assume the back can be done the same way. Appreciate the help. I saw your switch thread. The pads I ordered have similar switches already so I will see how they look first and decide to swap the switches or not.

Also, this forum and community is awesome. So much info and people willing to help out. Hope to chip in when I can.

Thanks,
Tex

Almost off topic: I haven't added heaters to my NSX's seats, but I did add heated handgrips to my snowblower, which I'll have to use today or tomorrow at the latest with temps in the teens.

the thought of someone driving their NSX in winter weather, and therefore requiring heated seats, sends chills and icicles up my spine.

the thought of someone driving their NSX in winter weather, and therefore requiring heated seats, sends chills and icicles up my spine.

No, you have this all wrong.

I am talking about driving with windows down, up through Wisconsin through the old growth trees on the reservations in the late fall. No snow. Just cold, cold wind and a throaty VTEC on the twisties.

But, I suppose I could just put up the windows and crank the heat.

I recently wired all this a little different for my setup:
TL heater switches: for my left/right heated seats
Legend Fog light switch: for on/off my Valentine1 which is hardwired to power
SOS Fog light switch (last resort as I couldn't find anymore at junk yard/ebay): on/off for video feed from front camera going to my hidden screen in rearview mirror, the mirror has one automatic feed but that is for the reverse camera.

My only nitpicking is that the switches don't glow the amber/orange like the rest of our internal lights. Does anybody know if you can add color to these in some way? Don't want to damage a switch trying to pull it apart, hoping someone did this already.

Thanks for any help.

My only nitpicking is that the switches don't glow the amber/orange like the rest of our internal lights. Does anybody know if you can add color to these in some way? Don't want to damage a switch trying to pull it apart, hoping someone did this already.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you can change the color, change the bulb filter. Its a "rubber" cover on the bulb. I believe a yellow cover will get you close.

I would kill for cooled/ventilated seats! Texas summers with a black-on-black NSX are an experience, to say the least! Tints be damned...

(may explore a clear/radiant-blocking windshield tint application?!)

Here is my setup with the amber lights.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 420
Heater seat is good for people up north. useful for people here down south like Houston,Tx.

Here is my setup with the amber lights.

Thanks again for the info Nsxter, I will crack my switches open and see if I can do the same to color match.

As to those asking why heated seats, I don't drive in snow or bad conditions. This is merely to extend the driving season on nice crisp nights and to keep your girl from complaining and making you put the top back on. Plus its actually kind of nice on the back to loosen your muscles on a long road trip.

What would be awesome is vented cooling seats which someone already mentioned. That would be amazing down here in Texas summers.

Adios

Thanks again for the info Nsxter, I will crack my switches open and see if I can do the same to color match.

As to those asking why heated seats, I don't drive in snow or bad conditions. This is merely to extend the driving season on nice crisp nights and to keep your girl from complaining and making you put the top back on. Plus its actually kind of nice on the back to loosen your muscles on a long road trip.

What would be awesome is vented cooling seats which someone already mentioned. That would be amazing down here in Texas summers.

Adios

Tex-

I think some flexible-hose running from behind the stereo, through the tunnel and then into the back of the seat (up/down sections) would be ideal. It wouldn't take much to cool the area down (the heat from the motor is what I think I feel...but how can that be since the fuel tank is between the motor and the cabin?) Back to how to do this; I can see drilling two 3/8 holes in the air duct underneath. Then, run two separate hoses down and to each side of the cabin. Even a slight breeze in that area would go a long way.

I am going to install my driving lights and set up the wiring for the heated seats. When I recover mine with leatherseats.com leathers, I will install the wired-padding and be ready to go.

Yassas!

get the SOS 4 button coin tray insert they sell then

then get the kit Larry suggested

then get some used acura legend heater switches that fits into the SOS 4 button coin tray insert

wire them up and good to go and its true OEM

- - - Updated - - -

there was a thread years ago about this here is the pic of the legend button installed in an NSX

View attachment 119548

Can you provide info on how you got the fog light switch?

Back