• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pride exhaust Lightweight fitment issure

i have a pride lightweight exhaust that is not even on both sides one side is touching the valence and melted it today at the Track. any easy fixes for this? adjust the hangers maybe?

Did you ask Mark what to do?

I would also start to bend the hangers. You sometimes need to loosen one of the flanges to allow the exhaust to settle a bit better in its position.

Do you have a sound video of the exhaust at the track? I have one of those ready to go on the car and i am curious how it sounds :biggrin:

Bernhard

I had this issue with my pride v2. Instead of bending hangers, I loosened all the exhaust-to-cat bolts and cat-to-header bolts and realigned and re tightened. That was enough to not have the tips touch the valance. Not sure if the same technique can be applied to the pride lightweight.

thanks guys the weird thing is it was pretty level when larryb installed it. this is my first track event in the nsx and it must of expanded the metal. going to give mark a call and see what happens.

darock, sorry no video this was a last minute event for me. the exhuast to me is a constant noise it sounds the same at 3k rpm to 8k rpm just louder.

The metal did not expand. You have to understand, hangers are welded on by hand so every hanger is positioned very close but not 100% exact to one another. There will be differences but very minimal. That said, even though it was level after install, these move up/down/side to side because hangers are rubber. You can actually take your hand and move the exhaust around quite easily. I did try loosening mine and adjusting that way but had no luck. Munipulating the hangers is the trick. My right side was a bit high so I bent the 2 right side hangers to lower it. Remember, these are hand built so each may need some tweaking to set properly.
thanks guys the weird thing is it was pretty level when larryb installed it. this is my first track event in the nsx and it must of expanded the metal. going to give mark a call and see what happens.

darock, sorry no video this was a last minute event for me. the exhuast to me is a constant noise it sounds the same at 3k rpm to 8k rpm just louder.

what the heck track event was 12/28 in the NE:eek:

impressive!

i have a pride lightweight exhaust that is not even on both sides one side is touching the valence and melted it today at the Track. any easy fixes for this? adjust the hangers maybe?

Hello Guys,

Sorry, I haven't been on Prime for a while. Let me know if you still have any issues with our exhaust. Thank you very much!

Mark @ PRIDE
[email protected]

Jizheng, same thing happened to me w/my v2 setup, but not until I installed headers. Was explained to me by a friend who used to own a performance shop that they always charged a re-alignment fee for the customer to come back to adjust after a break in period which in they would not cover any damage unless it was brought back to them for adjustment. The easiest and cheapest thing to do (which is what I did), was to get a longer rubber hanger to allow just enough drop to clear the valance and now looks even on both sides. Hope this helps.

Jizheng, same thing happened to me w/my v2 setup, but not until I installed headers. Was explained to me by a friend who used to own a performance shop that they always charged a re-alignment fee for the customer to come back to adjust after a break in period which in they would not cover any damage unless it was brought back to them for adjustment. The easiest and cheapest thing to do (which is what I did), was to get a longer rubber hanger to allow just enough drop to clear the valance and now looks even on both sides. Hope this helps.

cool will give it a shot when i get around to it thanks

Back