• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What have you paid for a paint "restoration" recently?

Caroline-NSX why don't you live in California!!!! I Love my black on black nsx but I also hate it! Detailing is a bitch!

Buy me a round trip!

- - - Updated - - -

after I put my touch on it you wont have to worry about detailing it again for the next 2 + years!:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe 3 or 4 if you listen to me and wash it like I wash mines.:biggrin:

Oh trust me, my paint is far past correction. I could have got a respray but I just bought a supercharger instead. I'd much rather prefer going fast then to bling. But I will definitely keep it in mind in the near future once my wife gets over my 18,000 dollar spending spree last month!

- - - Updated - - -

For shits and giggles what do you charge?

Pics don't show up. Did they have to paint some of the car as well? Did you go to Excessive Detailing?

- - - Updated - - -

For me the rock chips annoy me the most. I am due for a repaint and clear bra.

Strange ... your reply replicated the pictures for me. No repaint necessary. I have had some great detailers work on the car (including Caroline-NSX) but never to the point of paint correction. After moving to Utah, where there is lots of salt left over on the roads from snow removal, I was worried about paint corrosion and looked into what, if any, protective coatings might give me peace of mind. I reached out to the owner of Reflections Detailing (fun fact: recently helped detail Airforce 1) and we decided that if I was going to go to those lengths it would make sense to do a full paint correction. Very happy with the end result.

- - - Updated - - -

I could of done for you for half that cost and give you the same resort if not better. :wink:

No hiding from under the wax/coating, straight paint correction. I haven't even C quartz it yet either.:wink:

I am sure you could have. I recently moved from Houston to Utah (lots of salty roads) otherwise I would have had you do the work. I probably should have just flown you up to Utah! Next time :smile:

Hey Primers, I am planning to hand over my Sebring Silver NSX for its first detail, probably ever. My logic is to let the pros do the work first time around and then I would maintain. The paint is near perfect in some areas, not so crisp in others.

Am looking to do entire exterior except front bumper as it is beyond paint repair, it needs respray. I expect the roof to be polished up as well.

I am expecting about $600 for a two day job. Is this on par with what you have paid?

Thanks in advance.

Come down to Indianapolis and have my guy do it. He does all of my cars. Spends 2 full days on the car, and only charges me about $150. Seriously. His work is unbelievable. He used to be the full time detailer for a local guy who had a 76 car collection of cars (almost all of which were black), including a Bugatti Veyron. This guy is seriously the best I have ever seen, and for some unknown reason, he charges a fraction of what he should. I usually pay him $200 because he deserves more than he charges me.

Last edited:
Come down to Indianapolis and have my guy do it. He does all of my cars. Spends 2 full days on the car, and only charges me about $150. Seriously. His work is unbelievable. He used to be the full time detailer for a local guy who had a 76 car collection of cars (almost all of which were black), including a Bugatti Veyron. This guy is seriously the best I have ever seen, and for some unknown reason, he charges a fraction of what he should. I usually pay him $200 because he deserves more than he charges me.

I just may! And, I agree, if he charges $150 and does an excellent job, then $200 is more like it. Thanks - I am planning a trip there soon. I will pm you when I firm up a date.

Back