• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daisy Import Auto Care - Another Satisfied Customer

Hi NSXprime, I just wanted to share my experience with Daisy Import Auto Care.

A few months ago, I decide to pull the trigger on a beautiful 91 Berlina Black and Ivory NSX with around 140k on the clock, but with no service history log. Knowing I could be taking a major risk, I went on the hunt for a knowledgeable NSX tech in the Mid Atlantic area. I found a few, but ultimately decided to go with Ben at Daisy Import because the others worked at Acura dealers (I’m not a big fan of car dealerships).

I was mesmerized once I arrived. There were NSXs everywhere, and that’s when I realized I made the right decision to make the hour commute to the shop. As for Ben, the first word that comes to mind to describe him is “awesome.” He seriously took over an hour of his time (during business hours) to examine my car, replacing random little pieces that were just “bothering” him (for free I might add). After the inspection, we walked through his recommendations line by line, and I decided to have him repair/install everything needed to get my car back to 100%. While waiting for my wife to arrive, he ordered lunch (BBQ to be exact) and allowed me to check out the other NSXs that were there for repairs/upgrades. I was pretty impressed because he knew each vehicle like they were his own. Also, he allowed me to pick his brain regarding future mods and NSX do’s and don’ts.

I was very impressed with Ben because he constantly kept me up-to-date with the progress of my car. If anything changed, or if he found something new, I received a phone call or had a voicemail waiting for me at work. Once I arrived to pick up the car, we went through my “trash” pile to see the condition of all the parts that were removed. It was comforting seeing the old parts because it reassured that I was replacing parts for a reason. After a quick test drive, my car felt rejuvenated. He informed me that my timing was slightly off originally, and that was the reason behind the power gain. I could finally fully experience my new to me NSX without any worries, and I have Ben to thank for that.

Overall, I would rate my experience with Daisy Import Auto Care a 10 out of 10. I typically have butterflies in my stomach when I leave any of my vehicles at a shop, but when I left my NSX at Daisy’s I knew it was in good hands. My gut feeling was correct, and my NSX came back a totally different car than before. With that being said, I highly recommend Daisy Import to anyone that needs maintenance or looking to modify NSXs.

-Darryl

Back