• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Master Mechanics in Minnesota?

Who's the top NSX mechanic qualified to work on our cars in the Twin Cities area? I asked Bloomington Acura and the service manager said that all his Acura mechanics can work on it which sent a huge red-flag up for me.

Sounds to me like when Ross Perot (you can tell my age) was describing how Texas deals with snakes. "In Texas, when you find a snake you kill it, you don't form a committee on snakes". I would react in exactly same way. Anyone can just do a job, Masters are all about the passion, experience and finesse in that order.

There are few Masters in the business across the country IMHO, and I have been privileged to have my car worked on by two of them, and received the advice of several more. Hope that you get an answer, the Masters know one another, and should you need a couple to ask, let me know. I do know that there is one in Brookfield WI, not sure at what level. It appears that there are enough of you up there to get some good first hand opinions I am sure. Just happened to see your post.
Best,

Last edited:
Master mechanics in Minnesota?

I don't even trust the "Acura" mechanics in the SF Bay Area....and there are a lot of NSX's here!
I personally use a x-Acura mechanic if I can't do it myself

Good Luck
Rich Wong

That sounds great LOVESHOTNSXY95. I just had Nabil in Florida work on a bunch of stuff for me, but I'd like to have an expert local resource I can trust with my car. I called up Bloomington Acura and they offered up "any" of their mechanics can work on my car. That was a huge red flag for me. I don't want a rookie mechanic to even touch it for a routine oil change. So yes, if you can share with me your mechanic, that would be great and appreciated.

Momin, member "Elite" did all my work including building my engine, and my turbo kit, all coolant hoses, and clutch. I recommend him for any type of nsx work. He's a great guy and honest as well which are two qualities hard to find in the automotive industry.

I believe he's no longer running Elite motorsports and has since branced out into another venture.

Thanks for the update!

Is he still available to work on NSX's? (You might want to send him a PM...)

Thanks for the posts guys. :smile:

I am out of the day to day business of cars, but still work on cars on the side when time and space allows.

That being said, I have no idea who the link above is, so may want to edit that post and take that link down.

Hopefully someone can give you another local suggestion. But if not, Acura of Brookfield is just over 300 miles from the Cities.

@Elite 's inbox is full.

Are there any other recommendations?

Didn't realize. I cleared some out.

I went to the fb group and got a few responses. Sounds like Brookfield is really the only option

Other then myself, Full Blown has done NSX work. RS Motors and DB Performance is capable as well. All of the above shops can contact me if ever needed(I know them all personally).

Thanks for the posts guys. :smile:

I am out of the day to day business of cars, but still work on cars on the side when time and space allows.

That being said, I have no idea who the link above is, so may want to edit that post and take that link down.

Elite are you Momin?

If so are you still up for taking my stock 91 under your wing. I’m in the same boat as tlow and frankly can’t have a random mechanic take over the car. I first heard about momin from a friend in Canada who has been trying to help me find a passionate nsx mechanic.

Elite are you Momin?

If so are you still up for taking my stock 91 under your wing. I’m in the same boat as tlow and frankly can’t have a random mechanic take over the car. I first heard about momin from a friend in Canada who has been trying to help me find a passionate nsx mechanic.

Yes. Glad to hear people still remember me. :biggrin:

I got your other message, I'll email you. But yes, depending on timing, I'm still around for the NSX community.

Back