• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2016 Ford GT

tgudoiobwk3mybzqu3fa.jpg

I was drooling all day over that car. Makes the NSX look a bit lacking. Can someone confirm that the doors will actually butterfly versus opening normal like the previous two GT's? That would seal the deal for me as a must have! THEY HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK!

$400k? That's a Lexus LFA territory

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the next generation of GT40 was this... seriously, 1995 Ford GT90 will still smoke 2016 Ford GT.

1995 Ford GT90

6.0L V12 DOHC Quad Turbo
720hp@6,600rpm
660lb-ft@4,750rpm
5 speed manual transmission

0-60mph: 3.1 sec
0-100mph: 6.2 sec
1/4 mile:10.9 sec
Top Speed:235 mph (378 km/h)

Weight: 3,199 lbs (1,451 kg)

tumblr_m6yrkutN6k1r2yioeo2_1280.jpg

While I understand the coolness of the carbon chassis, "formula car with fenders" thing going on in the back, and the LaFerrari-like hood shape, I'm not liking the looks. The GT reminds me of the Ultima GTR. Super fast, and super...not pretty.

The 2016 Ford GT is a great looking car with great numbers, but in my mind it is a different class of car.
I don't see anyone buying the GT to drive on a daily basis.
It would suck as an everyday car, but in my opinion the 2.0 NSX would be very comfortable to live with.

If money was no object, I would own both, but if I could only have one, then I would take the new NSX all day long.

I was drooling all day over that car. Makes the NSX look a bit lacking. Can someone confirm that the doors will actually butterfly versus opening normal like the previous two GT's? That would seal the deal for me as a must have! THEY HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK!

Aaron, definitely butterfly doors, and yes, they knocked it out of the park!! Just wish this had a 3 pedal choice!

That car is absolutely STUNNING!!

I Love the abundance of empty space in back. Those are some serious flying buttresses. Not so much room for golf clubs back there.

The requirement for golf clubs was thrown out during the last FGT iteration. There is only room for one driver...behind the steering wheel. :)

Last edited:
Since I have neither carried golf clubs not even considered it, that won't be an issue for me. The tremendous cost of the car, however, will be.

From what I've seen most of the nsx owners crying about how the new nsx ended up looking even though we've basically known for years what it was going to be. I'm curious as to what current GT owners think of the new one and if they would trade up for that one. I know there's a few GT owners on here.

From what I've seen most of the nsx owners crying about how the new nsx ended up looking even though we've basically known for years what it was going to be. I'm curious as to what current GT owners think of the new one and if they would trade up for that one. I know there's a few GT owners on here.

Great question.

- - - Updated - - -

Intoxicating.

The Ford almost looks like a large sports car eating a smaller sports car......................still take one..........

- - - Updated - - -

Great question.

- - - Updated - - -

Intoxicating.

Wheels look Gay.....but the rest is off the hook.................

We think it is absolutely gorgeous and Ford knocked it out of the park. The Ford GT forum is going crazy over the car. Some don't like the V6TT, but the performance is as advertised, it will make up for it. The only concern is it will be priced out of most peoples range and dealers will be asking and getting WAY over MSRP. Very few people have said they would trade their 05-06 car for one. Some of the guys with multiples said they would trade one. The looks are amazing and the reported performance is going be as well. The cars Ford benchmarked were the 458 Speciale, Huracan, and 650s. Too bad it's gonna be so low production making only the uber wealthy able to buy one. Plus, everyone knows what has happened to the prices of the 05-06 GT, so everyone assumes this car will appreciate as well.

Last edited:
We think it is absolutely gorgeous and Ford knocked it out of the park. The Ford GT forum is going crazy over the car. Some don't like the V6TT, but the performance is as advertised, it will make up for it. The only concern is it will be priced out of most peoples range and dealers will be asking and getting WAY over MSRP. Very few people have said they would trade their 05-06 car for one. Some of the guys with multiples said they would trade one. The looks are amazing and the reported performance is going be as well. The cars Ford benchmarked were the 458 Speciale, Huracan, and 650s. Too bad it's gonna be so low production making only the uber wealthy able to buy one. Plus, everyone knows what has happened to the prices of the 05-06 GT, so everyone assumes this car will appreciate as well.

I am glad someone (else) answered and I agree, some grumblings about V6 (and lack of manual transmission) but in general its well received as the new Ford ICON (maybe not as a direct descendant of the GT40 and GT). The word is that it is going racing at Le Mans in 2016 (which drives layout and powerplant). It normaly it takes me about 10 years to decide that this is the "next car" and I have not embraced the electronic nannies and transmissions of modern cars...but this one might change my mind.

F

I am glad someone (else) answered and I agree, some grumblings about V6 (and lack of manual transmission) but in general its well received as the new Ford ICON (maybe not as a direct descendant of the GT40 and GT). The word is that it is going racing at Le Mans in 2016 (which drives layout and powerplant). It normaly it takes me about 10 years to decide that this is the "next car" and I have not embraced the electronic nannies and transmissions of modern cars...but this one might change my mind.
Well said!! I think ford knocked it out of the park. We don't know the price yet, but no way I'm getting rid of my GT or NSX for th new ones. If I hit the lottery, I'd like the new GT as an addition to what I have!

I hope I hit the lottery too so I can afford one!!! I wouldn't get rid of mine either. Don't think this new engine will take to the mods we all love about the 05-06!!

Back