• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2015 - who is going from NorCal?

Hey guys!

Who is going from NorCal?
I'm going, but I'm curious if anyone is:
- going early
- interested in a caravan
- interested in driving the PCH

if you are going from the SF Bay Area .... Chime inšŸ˜Ž

Rich Wong

I'll be attending. Hopefully, someone will organize a Sacramento caravan with Bay Area peeps.

I will be attending and was planning on preparing a caravan but not for the feint of heart. Possibly 2-days with 90% back roads. I may be doing it alone but I will be doing it. :)

I will be attending and was planning on preparing a caravan but not for the feint of heart. Possibly 2-days with 90% back roads. I may be doing it alone but I will be doing it. :)

Sounds intriguing, do keep us posted!

I was planning to take pch down to SoCal. Meet few nsx buddies and head east. Like Roger said take it easy enjoy the drive. 2-3 days on the road. One day for SoCal canyons fun around Westlake/Malibu

Last edited:
Okay now that we know that there are a few people going to the expo should we wait then find out if there are people from Washington, Portland, Sacramento, going and if so should we wait for them in the Bay Area and go down as one Larger group and hook up with the LA guys and go into Palm Springs as one very large group...Bill

Okay now that we know that there are a few people going to the expo should we wait then find out if there are people from Washington, Portland, Sacramento, going and if so should we wait for them in the Bay Area and go down as one Larger group and hook up with the LA guys and go into Palm Springs as one very large group...Bill

I think there will be some people that just want to get there in the least amount of time and they will take the 5 down and just get there. Then there will be others that want to make a 2-day trip out of it and include some back roads and scenery which I am planning to do.

As I mentioned previously I want to put together something that will be fun and keep us off the main roads. I figure on planning it with a couple others and then simply say we will be leaving from this location on this day at this time. Regardless of where you're from if you are there at that time, location and date than you will be part of the group. But that's not to say you have to follow my plan. I suppose there could be several groups with different routes.

Ok guys...time to commit. Let's get a list and caravan together

1. Rich Wong - 03 raw nsx

Roger :cool:
Lynn :cool:
Mike :cool:

Last edited:
1. Rich Wong - 03 raw nsx
2. Ben - bngl3rt

In 2 weeks I'm heading down to LA and will be scouting out some of the roads I plan on using for the drive down. Hopefully some nice photo opportunities.

Heading down to LA this morning. Mapped out Day 2 of the "Bay to Play" EXPO run and gonna drive some of the route today. Roman and James we need to plan the route for Day 1. Let's meet at Hooters again.

I may go. But if I do I will board a plane, have two drinks, then be on location. Sitting in LA traffic in a nsx is pure torture.

To each his own and like I said some people will just want to get there and get back with the least bit of hassle. But I bought my NSX to drive it and I enjoy it most when I'm driving it. So nothing sounds more glorious to me than a 2-day mostly back roads drive with other NSX enthusiasts on our way to the holy grail of NSX gatherings.

BTW - part of the fun of the NSXPO is been there in your NSX if its possible. This one is just in our back yard and if you can bring your NSX I would recommend it.

Yes I would love the drive, but ultimately it would be harder to get weekdays off.

So I scouted some of the route and I'm glad I did because I think I will need to make some changes. The route takes us by Edwards AFB and I was planning on making a stop at two locations to see some of the cool jets and get a few photo ops. Here are some pics of those jets. Would everyone be interested in this? I didn't drive the final route of the trip which would put us on the Angeles Crest Highway and take us by Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear taking us just north of Palm Springs and then down into the valley. I was thinking of stopping for lunch at http://newcombsranch.com/. I will make a concrete plan and show the route soon. Open to suggestions.

2015-04-04%2014.45.53_zpsicvhzndo.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.49.28_zpsduldqfjx.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.49.33_zps1j3ig9ab.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.52.57_zps8rw4gzje.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.50.51_zpstuyjavjj.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.43.54_zpsms5kyyld.jpg

2015-04-04%2015.43.03_zpsfwux2282.jpg

Nice! SR71 my favorite jet of all time.

Back