• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CarShowGlow NSX Taillights

This is the design I had in my head but can't find anyone to make them and be reliable or have a return policy for quality control issues

I really like them, I think I am going to make a pair for myself. I working for a lighting company so it wont be to hard to get all the parts I need. If I can pull it off, I will post a DIY.

I love it on the FD and the S2k, but they look wrong on the NSX.

+1

Unless you have a heavily modded tsukuba circuit racer (kinda like the one in the vid) they just look OK imo. The lighting design is kinda nice but I think the lighting pixels are too large and therefore looks like cheap aftermarket overseas...

Last edited:
I like the concept and I agree with you guys on the pixels. I will be putting a diffusion lens over the LEDs to give off a nice even glow. I will also take the LEDs up in the corner to accent the true body lines of the car.

Those are not the CSG Taillights in the photo.

CSG Taillights look different and are not on an NSX yet. CSG had them on display at Tokyo Auto Salon, and will debut on an NSX shortly. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think you meant Car Shop Glow??

Their LED tails look nothing like these.. The ones on that Advance blue widebody are DIY by the owner himself.

Car shop glow's are these:

10732032_310099849173408_253536670_n.jpg

OK, I copied the name from the link I saw it on. But it looks like you are right. I want to make mine look similar to the one in his lap. I am getting a stencil made at my machine to cut out my board to fit perfect in the stock taillights.

I think you meant Car Shop Glow??

Their LED tails look nothing like these.. The ones on that Advance blue widebody are DIY by the owner himself.

Car shop glow's are these:

10732032_310099849173408_253536670_n.jpg

Ooohhhhh this whole time I along with everyone else thought the one from Japan were CSG's!!!!! Nice pointing that out MexiRicer!!! I want the ones that dude from Japan made.

Last edited:
That red reflector on top with the rest JDM/cleared looks like poop.

I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks like poop....like a $2100 Lite Brite kit on the back of an NSX

Different strokes for different folks I guess.....

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks like poop....like a $2100 Lite Brite kit on the back of an NSX

Yeah, I'm with him. I'm at a loss on why people like these overpriced Lite Brite boards.

I'm a different folk that would definitely have a stroke if I saw this on my car!

I have to agree with few here. The led tails on the nsx from whatever vendor look great at night or in low light situations, but in direct sunlight, they look like distant stars. Which may be why every photo is done in indirect sunlight. If a vendor would make a led board with led's which could actually be seen in broad daylight easily, I would jump on it. Hint hint, end of rant.:smile:

I have to agree with few here. The led tails on the nsx from whatever vendor look great at night or in low light situations, but in direct sunlight, they look like distant stars. Which may be why every photo is done in indirect sunlight. If a vendor would make a led board with led's which could actually be seen in broad daylight easily, I would jump on it. Hint hint, end of rant.:smile:

Hi Jinks, here are a couple pictures my LED tail conversion completed by Mike @old_S13 aka clearcorners.com, during the day time. These are from back in 2012, my tails are still holding up as if brand new today.

8148147293_d1abd0ff0c_b.jpg

IMG_1303-1.png

He customizes a diffuser lens over the LEDs so it doesn't look like a game of brite lite. Also fwiw this is an LED conversion done on OEM JDM tails.

Last edited:
Back