• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 Body Kit

speaking of faces...

File1.jpg

File2.jpg

File3.jpg

File4.jpg

File5.jpg

File6.jpg

File7.jpg

File8.jpg

File9.jpg

LOL! Freak'n hilarious! This made my Friday even better :cool:

I was going to post that cartoon car meme the other day when I saw it Facebook. It just goes to show that any car can be characterized as funny looking or silly if nitpicked.

It's true that the big exposure the new NSX has seen is making it harder on the team with the scrutiny that is at hand.

The Supra is gaining heavy rumor pick-ups with imminent release from Toyota/BMW alliance recently. The biggest rumor since 2012, is that it's mid-engine based on the i8 platform with a 3.0 FI I6 and hybrid tech from Toyota. So perhaps all of the disappointed NSX fans will go buy that instead :rolleyes:

Imagine if the Rx7 and Supra successor had the kind of development exposure the NSX did. There would be so many JDM fanboys and wannabes that would hate it. I'm just telling it like it is. The 90s was an epic but short-lived era for great sports cars, but they are beginning to show their age even if they aged well and it's about time 25-30 years later that there will be a clear replacement and upgrade.

Last edited:
cc9b62d50472a22528f9000245465a00.jpg

Retried a better take

Valk, I haven't had a chance to try to implement this, but I was poking around a CG rendering site and came across these images which appear in my mind as a heavy derivative of the nsx concept, however with modifications that I think make it look better and lean toward your idea (I think). Sharp, low, and simple...take a look and see if this starts to convey the angularity/simplicity you envision...

sls1.png

Valk, I haven't had a chance to try to implement this, but I was poking around a CG rendering site and came across these images which appear in my mind as a heavy derivative of the nsx concept, however with modifications that I think make it look better and lean toward your idea (I think). Sharp, low, and simple...take a look and see if this starts to convey the angularity/simplicity you envision...

sls1.png

Wow that does look heaps better from what I can tell. The grill is shaded pretty heavily so I am not exactly sure what they did there.

Couple of thoughts. First of all, I am not quite ready to give up on the fender crease that narrows as it comes forward. Here they have it coming straight down for the most part. Secondly, i am guessing that the headlights are below federally mandated height which means they would nee to be moved back a bit. Not a huge deal perhaps but certainly a consideration.

Can you find more pictures that illuminates the design better?

sls1.png

That's your design, isn't it Vf?

That's your design, isn't it Vf?

No it was found while viewing an online cg library (which I can't remember now, sorry).

- - - Updated - - -

That front bumper kit with a below-the-headlights leading hoodline and not wanting to disrupt existing panel lines w/overall minimal changes I would imagine look something like this...

acura-nsx-nouvelle-blue-02.jpg

...a little more menacing perhaps but still tame enough to be a DD. I would just as quick do without the patented Acura Jewel Eye™ LED type headlights (for just this model) and of course...beakless.

Last edited:
No it was found while viewing an online cg library (which I can't remember now, sorry).

- - - Updated - - -

That front bumper kit with a below-the-headlights leading hoodline and not wanting to disrupt existing panel lines w/overall minimal changes I would imagine look something like this...

...a little more menacing perhaps but still tame enough to be a DD. I would just as quick do without the patented Acura Jewel Eye™ LED type headlights (for just this model) and of course...beakless.

Vf - Just 3 words:

Wow, Wow, Wow.

Or as Chris Harris would say: Mega!

Lower, simpler, meaner yet still unique and original. Acura would never go for it though because it breaks the brands "design language".

And Vf - How would you do away with the Jewel Eye LED headlights? What would that look like?

Last edited:
How 'bout in tribute to the acura/marvel partnership :wink: :biggrin:

acura-nsx-ironman.jpg

Love the color scheme. Can you photoshop Tony Stark standing next to the car? lol

Also, I really like the straight edge of the hood you show. Seems to be more fitting with the lower edge (splitter?). Speaking of which, how would you think it would look it you removed the angular piece in the middle that connects the bottom two outer vents and replaced it with a lower splitter that is similar to the bottom edge of the outer vents?

Last edited:
Ouch.

Is that a bit harsh?

Does this deserve the same?

7368.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looks surprisingly similar below the headlights...

Walmart has low cost eye exams...

P1030034_zpspcsvtq3k.jpg~original

Last edited:
Walmart has low cost exams...

P1030034_zpspcsvtq3k.jpg~original

Beautiful car, but not on point.

The 2017 base 911 (now also turbo-charged) has adopted similarly angled strakes as the NSX. I was assuming that was the part that reminded you of the Joker. Vfs rendering looks even more so like the new 911 with the simplified front and curtailed center intake.

Very subjective, but I will never find a Bug (Beetle) on steroids to be more attractive than the proportions of the first gen and second gen NSX which are both much more low stanced and exotic looking.

Yes subjective....I decided to go for a sure thing.

Was an NSX cheerleader for many years...

P1030081_zpssbcom0u3.jpg~original

P1030084_zpszvzhkrdv.jpg~original

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Or this (second one down)?

stark5.jpg

Great to have choices, but no thanks on the giant wing. Totally inconsistent with the brand message of the new NSX. If I wanted a screaming fast track car that I was embarrassed to drive on the street, I'd get an ACR.

Latest attempt for a front-body/facelift kit...

nsx_fascia_grdesign.jpg

This to me has the overall mean, angular, aggressiveness I would expect from a second generation Acura supercar. The front lines in this rendering take their cues from the existing side vents and shape of the lower bumper mesh/vent angles as seen on the rear. The front leading edge departs from the current bulbous, protruding, point/beak (which was shared by the rest of the sedan/suv fleet); and is instead a straight-line to pay tribute to the Gen 1 NSX's and the S2000's leading edge...elements of the look that helped revolutionize each respective brand imo.

Simplicity is the ultimate form of elegance and sophistication. – Leonardo Da Vinci, Steve Jobs, etc.

Latest attempt for a front-body/facelift kit...

nsx_fascia_grdesign.jpg

This to me has the overall mean, angular, aggressiveness I would expect from a second generation Acura supercar. The front lines in this rendering take their cues from the existing side vents and shape of the lower bumper mesh/vent angles as seen on the rear. The front leading edge departs from the current bulbous, protruding, point/beak (which was shared by the rest of the sedan/suv fleet); and is instead a straight-line to pay tribute to the Gen 1 NSX's and the S2000's leading edge...elements of the look that helped revolutionize each respective brand imo.

Simplicity is the ultimate form of elegance and sophistication. – Leonardo Da Vinci, Steve Jobs, etc.

Pretty Sweet, to be honest, VF.

It does simplify things a bit even if it risks looking generic, but it actually shows off the front nose of the NSX better. If the intake arches are a bit more refined, it would be a nice alternative to stock.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe I missed this thread until now!?

Regardless, great work vf2ss! This look is far more in keeping with Acura's latest "design language" for the fascia.

One refinement if I may, would it be possible to see a version where the headlights are elongated to match the lower grills edge. And meld the bonnet, sorry hood, cut lines to meet with the headlights?

Finally I wish the nostrils would shrink somewhat!

Last edited:
Back