• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC EST Fest 2015 - Oakwood Inn and Resort - Grand Bend May 22 - 24 2015

Cruella

^^^ ^^^

I saw Cruella !

And it was cruel that they never developed it for market. :frown:

Longitudinal mid-rear Northstar V-12. :eek:

Whoo-hoo! Less than two months until ESTFest!

Fyi....for those that wait for beyond last minute....Oakwood have one room left under our Club rate, with several rooms still available at the regular rates for the EST Fest weekend.

Bram

I just took it!

I just took it!

Great news! I have just spoken to the Oakwood and they have added an additional 10 rooms to our block for the discounted rate for a few weeks.

My wife is also starting to coordinate the spa services that we try to experience every year, so if you have any comments or requests, please message here, or PM me!

Major news!

So the planning for the weekend is almost buttoned up. As with all Est Fests; we charge an event fee for our attendees on top of your annual club membership. Through multiple generous sponsors, this year is likely going to be the far and away the best value of the driving season.

This year the event fee includes your track-day on Friday night, with a lovely candle lit track-side dinner and your awesome swag bag! On Saturday, we have the famous morning tech session followed by our drive then we're taking care of both lunch and dinner (with breakfast compliments of Oakwood) as well as all our usual hijinks.

In the evening on Saturday we'll be having a bit of a mixer, followed by time at the fire or in the bar, where we have been promised the band will be there until the wee hours of the morning. http://www.gregtheentertainer.com is his website, so please check him out.

Sunday will have a bit of a show and shine, where we'll depart ways in the early afternoon.

Finally, we have the spa booked for the Sunday morning, between 10-1p.m. For all the ladies that would like to take part in the spa services, I ask you to contact the spa directly; and tell them who you're with as we have been able to negotiate a 10% discount from all spa services that you get. With the spa, the club will be supplying everyone with mimosas to make their experience more enjoyable.

Look at the website and call them at (800) 387-2324; Jamie will be taking care of us.

http://oakwoodresort.ca/spa/services/

I will be joining Est-fest! Sean you can add me +1 (most likely my 13 year old son, Riley) to the list! Looking forward to it! I won't be doing the quarter mile drag but hope to join all the other elements of the weekend! Bram, have you managed to get a '15 2nd generation NSX there? I guess they're pretty much unavailable yet anywhere hey? 4 weeks from now! Counting down!

I will be joining Est-fest! Sean you can add me +1 (most likely my 13 year old son, Riley) to the list! Looking forward to it! I won't be doing the quarter mile drag but hope to join all the other elements of the weekend! Bram, have you managed to get a '15 2nd generation NSX there? I guess they're pretty much unavailable yet anywhere hey? 4 weeks from now! Counting down!

No, we can't even get Spec's for the Car from Acura Canada....which they did promise last year. My understanding is the things are delayed a bit, however, the Press cars will be available Mid/July-August time frame. This is way after Est Fest....perhaps for the our Fall drive...Hoping.

Bram

Hey Mike, I can bring my /06 TL with 215,000 km on the clock and I'm happy to let you drive it -- I love it almost as much as my NSX! LOL. I'm not saying this about the TL tongue in cheek -- I really mean it -- best car I have ever had. Agree with you on the drag strip. If that is part of the festivities I will be a spectator.

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Cdn gang.

Best,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Looking forward to meeting you guys from Michigan! Been reading some of the posts of your club and it looks like quite a few are coming this way on May 28. That's awesome!
And hey, sure I will drive your TL ! Funny cause I've always liked them a lot, but have never driven one! So you'll come with both your NSX and your TL ?

Regards! Mike

Hey Jeff,

Looking forward to meeting you guys from Michigan! Been reading some of the posts of your club and it looks like quite a few are coming this way on May 28. That's awesome!
And hey, sure I will drive your TL ! Funny cause I've always liked them a lot, but have never driven one! So you'll come with both your NSX and your TL ?

Regards! Mike

Mike, I have a gearhead friend (Volvo enthusiast) who just drove down to Ohio this a.m. to pick up a car trailer he bought. He's suggesting that I borrower it and trailer the NSX to EST-FEST with my TL or his Ram pickup truck. My NSX (/94 Formula Red) is nice but it is no garage/trailer queen. What's more, my MI friends would have too big a laugh at my expense! So, I will drive (as it is meant to be) the NSX to EST-FEST and leave the TL at home.

The Gen III TL (/04-/08) to my untrained eye is one of the best looking 4 door sedans ever and with proper maintenance lasts a very long time. My ownership experience has been very trouble free and enjoyable. It is a really sweet car with a nice Honda 3.2 litre V6 that provides all the motive force I need. At 134,000 miles this car does not use any oil, blow any smoke, leak a drop of fluid or make any odd sounds. It really runs like a car half its age/mileage. Rob Magro recently gave the TL a top to bottom look-see and felt that it was in excellent condition -- no reason to think about a replacement yet. I'm probably quite biased but I have to wonder if I could get as many trouble free years/miles out of a European or American sedan -- kind of doubt it.

See you at EST-FEST!

Best,
Jeff

Hey.... was going to shout out to the travelers today. will CJ's be hosting the caravan planning activities this week?

Guys, we have completed the EST Fest registration Package, this will be email out to all those that have sign-up to attend this year's event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bram

XkqZmBF.jpg

WELCOME TO EST FEST 2015!

ufqUIja.jpg

B4nylPy.jpg

xrE8tiu.jpg

Don't miss the opportunity!

Last edited:
The details are getting finalized, and we look forward to next weekend with great antici.
pation.

So here's the quick run down with next weekend:

We'll arrive at the track on Friday night to have our track time between 4:00p.m. and dusk; where we'll take care of as much guest registration as possible.

The guest registration for the weekend has been set at $70.00 PP and includes everything except spa and spending money. For this you get:

Goodie bag (1 per couple)
Track time (usually $150-$200 per person)
Dinner and refreshments Friday night at the track
Lunch on Saturday at our lunch stop
Dinner on Saturday evening at the buffet restaurant ($50 including tax and tip per person)
A moderate amount of adult bevvies through the weekend
Trophies for Sunday mornings show and shine (for the select winning entries)
10% off any spa services through the weekend.
FYI: Breakfast is included in your room stay.

To quote one of our American guests who shall remain nameless, yet drives an Imola Orange NSX "This is the best deal of the year!"

If anyone would like to book any spa services for the Sunday morning - please contact Patti Firth at [email protected] and she will coordinate everything for us.

I have also sent out the registration package for those who have confirmed their attendance so if you haven't received yours please let me know and I will send it right out.

Excited and we will try to bring some strange colored NSX's. :biggrin:

Neil you know that any NSX that is not painted in
one of the primary colours is strange [emoji102]

If there anyone that sign-up to attend EST Fest and have not received the Information package, please email the Club.

[email protected]

Bram

Last edited:
Just booked my rooms for Fri/Sat at Oakwood. Looking forward to joining this group and meeting everyone for what looks like a fantastic event!

Best,
-joe

Just booked my rooms for Fri/Sat at Oakwood. Looking forward to joining this group and meeting everyone for what looks like a fantastic event!

Best,
-joe

I've just replied to your email Joe, we all look forward to meeting you! Please remember when making your travel plans we are one hour ahead of Chicago.

Safe travels!

Welcome Joe....shoot the Club your email address, so we can send you the information package.
Did you get the Club rate at Oakwood?

Bram

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And yes, got the club rate (I think: under $170).

See you soon!

Back