• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC EST Fest 2015 - Oakwood Inn and Resort - Grand Bend May 22 - 24 2015

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And yes, got the club rate (I think: under $170).

See you soon!

At Joe Simon - Don't know what route you are planning but looks like our local group is meeting around 11 AM (EDST) at M-14 and Beck Road.
We'll run M-14 to I-275 N to I-696 E to I-94 E to Port Huron. Join us if you wish? :wink:

Sounds great but I will be departing from Flint area Friday after visiting some family. Would love to connect somewhere near the junction of 94 and 69 prior to Blue Water Bridge if not too inconvenient for you all. There is a Cracker Barrell (and not much else) off 94 just past 69 on Water Street. Can easily be there ahead of you. Cell/txt # is 312-351-4957. Will check this thread too for any updates. Hope to hook up but will see you at track if not. Thanks, -joe

Sounds great but I will be departing from Flint area Friday after visiting some family. Would love to connect somewhere near the junction of 94 and 69 prior to Blue Water Bridge if not too inconvenient for you all. There is a Cracker Barrell (and not much else) off 94 just past 69 on Water Street. Can easily be there ahead of you. Cell/txt # is 312-351-4957. Will check this thread too for any updates. Hope to hook up but will see you at track if not. Thanks, -joe

Joe, I'm sure Neal will respond to your post after the Wednesday night NSX gang get together at which time final plans will be made for departure time from Metro Detroit. Connecting at the Cracker Barrel sounds like a good plan -- there are a couple of other folks going to EST-FEST that might like the idea of getting the final convoy together at your suggested location since one lives/works on the East side of Metro Detroit and another lives not too far from Port Huron. If I recall correctly the far west side Metro Detroiters are going to meet around 11 and I suspect that they will depart shortly thereafter -- again, I'm sure Neal will fill you in. My guess is that we could be at Cracker Barrel around 1-ish. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Sounds like a good plan in the making. Will stay tuned.

Thanks, Jeff. Sounds like a good plan in the making. Will stay tuned.

Joe, we met at CJs tonight and Neal has the plan. I am sure he will be in touch w/you or will post up on Prime. If I recall what Neal said (sorry I had a bad day and after second beer I don't remember with accuracy) he is hoping to get to border around noon on Friday and we will make a stop at the duty free on the US side -- think he said that is where we will meet up w/you. My cell is 248 568-7617 in case you need it and I've written yours down and I know Neal has it as well. We'll look forward to meeting up with you on Friday near border. Safe travels to MI.

Best,
Jeff

Henry! Yea, baby. Another "strange color" NSX driver.

Getting pretty excited over on this side of the brook. :cool: Enjoying an Alexander Keith's right now, tuning up.

I would guess 5-7 USA cars to arrive at Oakwood Inn around 215p-245p tomorrow. Check in, unload, organize, and head to track for 3:45 MANDATORY.

Ody, you still coming to this?

We should be hitting the Duty Free at the Blue Water Bridge a bit after noon (12:15-12:30 would be my guess, if all goes well).

Maybe call Jeff's cell number he left in Post #81 to coordinate down-to-the-minute?

Can't wait!

Brian (& Judi)

We picked up a few along the way...uploadfromtaptalk1432322521336.jpg

Thanks to the Bram and everyone else from the club that set up this weekend, we had a blast. Everyone was so nice and fun.

_DSC5962.jpg
_DSC5974.jpg
_DSC5984.jpg
_DSC5998.jpg
_DSC6012.jpg
_DSC6013.jpg
_DSC6015.jpg
_DSC6028.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Hey Bob, it was most cool to have you (the 'new guy') and Laurie join in the fun at Est Fest this year!

Next time, how about you guys hit the track and show everyone how fast Yellow can be ( ;^) ???

Welcome into the NSX family!

Brian (& Judi ;-)

On behalf of our Michigan contingent (including one transplanted to Chicago), I'd like to thank Bram, Sean, Daria, Rob, the Goderich Honda team, and all our Canadian hosts and friends for allowing us to join up with the club's event over the weekend, and for being such wonderful hosts. Great event, great fun, and great new friends!

JoSimon: this is for you!

P.S. my wife really liked your NA2....

uploadfromtaptalk1432556456542.jpg

Last edited:
What a great weekend guys, thanks to everyone who came out and made this weekend such a great success.

Also without our very generous sponsors at Goderich Honda, Honda Canada, Erin mills and Acura of Oakville as well as all the others this weekend would never be possible; so we thank them for their continued support.

Without the support of our members, weekends like this wouldn't be possible. From the track day, to the cruise, to the dinner and awards on Sunday morning it went out almost without a hitch. I'd also like to officially acknowledge the Oakwood resort for tolerating me for the last six months to ensure that it did in fact go on without a hitch.

Finally, Black Dawg photography was snapping pictures for us around at the track Friday night as well as at the dealership on Saturday. She is putting together a book with a bunch of pictures and will be sending it out within the next few weeks, so if you would like your own copy please contact her at www.blackdawgphotography.com
Anyhow; we need to post pictures. I didn't take too many, but I did get a few.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Echoing Patrick's post above and on behalf of the NSX Club of Canada's American and ex-pat Canadian friends thanks again to those who had a hand in organizing and sponsoring EST FEST for such a great event -- first class all the way! As I mentioned to Bram and Sean I really enjoyed the format of the track session. Just super fun to have the NSX out on the track in a non-threatening environment for those of us who have limited track experience. The fact that Barry so very generously provided the other cars to drive just put it right over the top for me. Those two gems in the showroom at Barry's Honda dealership were very interesting. Also, it was nice to meet some of the Canadian gang that I had not met before -- what a great group. And Rob, thanks for your very informative talk and Q&A session at the tech session -- lots of good information to keep our cars running for many more years to come.

Hope to see some of you again soon.

Best,
Jeff

To ALL: this was a MOST memorable experience! The only thing cooler than these great cars was the pilots a co-pilots who spirited them to EST Fest. Special thanks to Bram, Sean, the organizers and sponsors and to my new Pure Michigan buddies! I wrapped up the wonderful weekend in Toronto seeing close friends followed by a stop in AA, MI visiting family on my way home. This could not have been any better so thanks ALL for the wonderful memories! Highly motivated to make it next year! -joe

- - - Updated - - -

JoSimon: this is for you!

P.S. my wife really liked your NA2....

Way cool! and seriously LOL!!!!

Back