• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork’s 1998 Coupe JH4NA2131WT000070 listed as “Zanardi Prototype” in the wiki

What to do with those holes cut in the headlight buckets for the '02 lights????????????????????????????????????

Field Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're going to sneak the lowly old NSX in before these.............:eek:

Some cars are worth rescuing.

Hey CMC
Forgot to tell you that your lift is lifetime birthday and Christmas presents.

That's one super nice DAD!!

I can't believe that I haven't been looking in the build section on Prime and have been missing this. I love what you're doing with this NSX in returning it to it's original self. This is a serious project of passion and it amazes me that you are going to opposite ends of the scale from your beautiful silver NSX, but after seeing the work and workmanship put into it, there is no doubt that this one will have same degree of great put into it. Will be watching this like a hawk now!

Joe

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI WHite

Hey CMC
Forgot to tell you that your lift is lifetime birthday and Christmas presents.

Thanks Dad! You're pretty old, which is probably why you forgot to tell me that. By next year, I'm hoping you forget that you meant it to be a lifetime gift. :smile:
Thanks for everything you are awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

That's one super nice DAD!!

I can't believe that I haven't been looking in the build section on Prime and have been missing this. I love what you're doing with this NSX in returning it to it's original self. This is a serious project of passion and it amazes me that you are going to opposite ends of the scale from your beautiful silver NSX, but after seeing the work and workmanship put into it, there is no doubt that this one will have same degree of great put into it. Will be watching this like a hawk now!

Joe

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI WHite

Thank you very much Joe. The old man is definitely a great guy. I appreciate the kind words and hopefully this one will turn out alright.

Thanks again,
Chris

Awesome gift!!!

And great work Chris, excellent job restoring the headlight buckets to OEM. This car is one for the record books, will be perfect when you're done!!

Awesome gift!!!

And great work Chris, excellent job restoring the headlight buckets to OEM. This car is one for the record books, will be perfect when you're done!!

Thanks Chris. I don't know if it will be one for the records books, as it doesn't take much creativity to return something to stock. However, it has been fun so far.

Finally got the engine and all suspension dropped. Now I need to get it ready for paint.

I would love to be your neighbor, Chris. I would be over wayyyyy too much to watch you work. Lol

Amazing... high quality build!! Maybe a strange question, but do you have a drawing of that wooden engine support system you made? Looks really handy!

I would love to be your neighbor, Chris. I would be over wayyyyy too much to watch you work. Lol

Funny my neighbor helped me remove the gas tank and rear hatch on Sunday and he emailed a pic to his brother, who is an NSX lover, and he said the same thing. However, I don't think my other neighbors are as enthusiastic about my project. :smile: Although, I do try to be very respectful.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing... high quality build!! Maybe a strange question, but do you have a drawing of that wooden engine support system you made? Looks really handy!
Thank you Sir! I can try to get some measurements if that would help. Even though I had measurements to start, I had to fine tune the vertical pieces after the lower portion was done.

Nikey22 I left all of the AC system intact. For removal of the rear cradle I had to remove the front beam in-order to gain access to the bolts for the AC compressor. I then secured it out of the way and re-installed the front beam.

In other news.....
The voices in my head have been telling me to shave the markers, antenna, door locks, and washer nozzles. Then strip it the rest of the way and do a color change to magnum grey pearl with black roof. Which I think would be incredible, but it's in total conflict with what I think is right for this car. :confused:

In other news.....
The voices in my head have been telling me to shave the markers, antenna, door locks, and washer nozzles. Then strip it the rest of the way and do a color change to magnum grey pearl with black roof. Which I think would be incredible, but it's in total conflict with what I think is right for this car. :confused:

As awesome as it'd look.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wrong car for that.

I would say maybe shave the side markers for the red respray... whereas that is as per jdm. Color change oh lord. But who am I to talk! :biggrin:

As awesome as it'd look.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wrong car for that.

I would say maybe shave the side markers for the red respray... whereas that is as per jdm. Color change oh lord. But who am I to talk! :biggrin:

Thanks for the support. This project is much more difficult for me than I expected. It's a lot like quitting modding cold turkey. Maybe a little harsher, as I'm reversing all of the mods. I've seen some parts for sale that I thought about buying as well, but so far I have stayed strong. I think I need to get it to the paint shop before I do something stupid.

Is that huge shop and lift at your house?? I do not remember seeing a massive building when I was out that way a couple of years ago.

You are not a 'normal' NSX owner.

Can't say I haven't heard that before. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Is that huge shop and lift at your house?? I do not remember seeing a massive building when I was out that way a couple of years ago.
Mitch I moved a few years ago due to a growing family and a growing automobile addiction. I purchased a house with a two car side load garage in order to build a 2 car front load garage.

- - - Updated - - -

Great work! :) Such a rare car should be stock. Thanks for all the pictures too; it's fun to see the progress being made!

Thanks Sir! I'm mentally back on track today.

please tell me you are planning on painting those black mirrors back to red.... In the name of Zanardi, we demand this........

Back