• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork’s 1998 Coupe JH4NA2131WT000070 listed as “Zanardi Prototype” in the wiki

You know that this is build of the year and perhaps one of top three builds period.
socalx, that's an incredibly nice thing to say, but I don't know about that. Thanks for everything!

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on that! I love this build.:wink:
Thank you very much. Hopefully, it will meet your expectations. I might have to fly you up here to help me get this thing as clean as your car.

- - - Updated - - -

please tell me you are planning on painting those black mirrors back to red.... In the name of Zanardi, we demand this........
ummm...........well I have both. I really like the black mirrors with black roof and this car had a black roof originally. However, I have a set of red mirrors that will also be painted with the car.

In other news.....
The voices in my head have been telling me to shave the markers, antenna, door locks, and washer nozzles. :

You mentioned to me that the shaved door locks enhanced your favorite line on the NSX (paraphrasing you the best I could).

I am still intrigued.. which part of the car's form are you talking about?

Chris had an accident in his garage and has suffered major lacerations on his face and some head injuries. He is recuperating and will be back. Thank you for your well wishes to him.
Sincerly
Chris's Dad

Chris had an accident in his garage and has suffered major lacerations on his face and some head injuries. He is recuperating and will be back. Thank you for your well wishes to him.
Sincerly
Chris's Dad
Thanks for the update, was sad to see the post about his injuries. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Hi,

i was following this refresh build, specially with the attention to details ...

sad to know about the injuries... i wish a fast and solid recovery ..

Nuno

My sincerest and heartfelt thank you for all of the well wishes and offers of help from the locals. I’m not good enough to convey in words how much it meant to me, but it was truly incredible. Luckily, for me I don’t think it was my time. My face will probably have a few scars, but the plastic surgeon was great and my head is feeling much better. The Dr. was pretty impressed that I didn’t fracture any bones, particularly in my face, and I didn’t even knock any teeth out. Honestly, I don’t see how it could have turned out any better than it did.

I was getting boxes out of my storage loft in the garage and as I started to descend on the ladder the feet slipped out. I’m not sure why, but maybe because it’s been so darn cold here. As the ladder went down, I tried to grab the floor of the loft, but that just swung my body so I was falling with my back parallel to the floor. I remember hitting the back of my head and that’s about it until I knew I had to roll myself up and get some help. After looking in the garage, I believe that the back of my head actually hit the hood of my truck, which knocked me out. Then I must have flopped off of the truck and face planted on the ladder which was on the concrete floor. Luckily one of the boxes was under the ladder which probably softened the blow.

Anyhow, it was a good perspective builder and I couldn’t be luckier to have such an amazing family, friends, and neighbors. I also feel fortunate that there are so many healthcare professionals that do what they do.
Thanks again everyone I’ll be getting back to this car shortly.

Chris, Glad you are getting better. This obviously could have been much worse. I did the same thing several months ago but my injuries were very minor compared to my bruised ego when an ambulance had to cart me away. Ladders are weapons of mass destruction. Luckily my injuries weren't serious and got back home in a few hours with some good pain meds. I'm enjoying the read about your progress on the car and how you are fighting your mod demons in the process. My prayers are for your speedy recovery.

Did you ever find a source for more info on the car's history?

Thank you very very much everyone. I'm feeling a heck of a lot better. Although, the face has a ways to go. I'm very close to having ready to go to paint, but I think that's going to get pushed back two more weeks. I'm really in no rush, but was hoping to have this thing ready to go for summer. Anyhow, thanks again.

Ed,
I still haven't learned anything else regarding the car, but I'm hopeful that someday I'll find more info. My biggest questions are where it actually got the Zanardi interior and was it actually produced with tan interior?

Take your time and get your rest. There is no rush to build the car. Enjoy your family at home and your prime will be here !

Ed,
I still haven't learned anything else regarding the car, but I'm hopeful that someday I'll find more info. My biggest questions are where it actually got the Zanardi interior and was it actually produced with tan interior?

I just thought of a possible source this past weekend. You might try Brian Urlage at Source 1. He might be able to get in touch with someone at Honda. Ted Klaus showed up at NSX night during NSXPO with what someone told me was the factory's Zanardi. Not sure what number it is though. I'm glad you are doing better.

Last edited:
I just thought of a possible source this past weekend. You might try Brian Urlage at Source 1. He might be able to get in touch with someone at Honda. Ted Klaus showed up at NSX night during NSXPO with what someone told me was the factory's Zanardi. Not sure what number it is though. I'm glad you are doing better.

Thanks Ed. Brian has been a huge help on this and was one of the first people I contacted. I have met many people who have been very kind and generous with their time to help me out and I appreciate it. Really at this point I'd just like to clear up a few questions. I'm holding out hoping that by some miracle maybe I can get some pictures of this thing when it was owned by AHM. I'm pretty positive that Honda press photo of the interior was this car and it would be awesome to know if there were more. Anyhow, it may not ever happen, but it's still a great car to enjoy.

Chris, Just heard about the accident. Thank god you are ok ( well mostly ). This thread is so exciting. I can't wait to see it back in it's prototype Zanardi glory! Feel better man. The car will be there.

Brian

Chris, Just heard about the accident. Thank god you are ok ( well mostly ). This thread is so exciting. I can't wait to see it back in it's prototype Zanardi glory! Feel better man. The car will be there.

Brian

Thanks Brian much appreciated. Also, a big thank you to everyone who reached out to me you are all very kind and I appreciate it very much.

Well, I actually got a few things done. The seats and carpet are removed, as I want to clean them up really good and make sure they don't get even dirtier at the paint shop. Also, I removed the sub-woofer so that I can remove the amp. I'm going to send all of the amps and ccu to BrianK for rebuild. The only things I really have left to do before paint are remove the door seals, door handles, upper door trim, and door locks. The tail lights and rear bumper are only on hand tight.

Wheel wells are mostly cleaned up.

Rollin' on 8"s

Last edited:
Back