• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork’s 1998 Coupe JH4NA2131WT000070 listed as “Zanardi Prototype” in the wiki

here's a treat for you if you didn't have it

Thanks Sir. I actually got a copy of that earlier this year. What I'd really like to know is where the changes to the car were made. To do an interior change from tan to the Zanardi interior would require changing just about every single interior piece.

Hi Chris,

I haven't really chimed in to this thread since you were recuperating from your accident, but I have been watching it like a hawk and you never cease to amaze. The car looks beautiful the way you have it and any way you may like it, as you put so much passion into this car and very much like your Silver car and that was drop dead gorgeous. Carry On Man!!!

Joe Wollbaum

Hi Chris,

I haven't really chimed in to this thread since you were recuperating from your accident, but I have been watching it like a hawk and you never cease to amaze. The car looks beautiful the way you have it and any way you may like it, as you put so much passion into this car and very much like your Silver car and that was drop dead gorgeous. Carry On Man!!!

Joe Wollbaum

Joe it's nice to hear from you and thank you very much for the kind words sir. It should look about like your avatar when it's done. :smile:

Hope all is well up north,
Chris

Joe it's nice to hear from you and thank you very much for the kind words sir. It should look about like your avatar when it's done. :smile:

Hope all is well up north,
Chris

Things are good up north, except that winter is starting to show its face. Just tucked my car away on November 15 which is the latest since I've owned it. Take care Chris and keep churning out your magic!

Joe

Last edited:
I've been getting a few odds and ends ready in order to start making some progress on this project.
The first order of business was a little garage project to help with the winter weather.. Spray foam insulation and paint.
It's much brighter and holds the heat incredibly well.

After getting the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated there was no way I couldn't do the cats. So, now they're done and I'm waiting on a new exhaust.

Before:

After:

I have a few other items that are just about ready to go back on as well.

Last edited:
Which exhaust are you going with? OEM?

I ordered a Fujitsobo titanium that should be here early next year. That's the one I'm going to install, but I also have an OEM that I'm probably going to get ceramic coated as well.

I must have missed this? You have a second left in your garage or you have a giant mirror in the middle:eagerness: Those cats and shields look like a million bucks, way cool!!!

Joe

91 NSX Red/Black

Forgive me, but your catalytic converters look so much better than I thought they would. Gorgeous. New hardware on them as well (nuts and bolts)?

I must have missed this? You have a second left in your garage or you have a giant mirror in the middle:eagerness: Those cats and shields look like a million bucks, way cool!!!

Joe

91 NSX Red/Black

Joe, my father and I re-arranged / quasi-organized my garage this summer. The 2 post lift is imho the single best tool one can have, for me it was a life changer. However, because I always have multiple projects going, the dang thing was always blocked when I really needed it for something. That led me to the realization that 2 lifts would be ideal. I purchased the second, my father and I installed it, and 2 are better than 1! Now, "generally" I always 1 available.:smile: The garage has been a work in progress ever since I had it built and I had a rough idea of what I wanted. However, using it for a while was a big help in setting it up in a way that works best for me. Now it's just about how I want it.

Thank for the compliments on the cats! Hopefully, everything will all come together shortly.

Forgive me, but your catalytic converters look so much better than I thought they would. Gorgeous. New hardware on them as well (nuts and bolts)?
:smile: Thanks I appreciate the compliment. I should have taken pictures of them with the shields off prior to the ceramic coating because they were just coated in rust. It's almost a shame the shields had to go back on.
I did use new hardware on the cats and dropped off all of the exhaust bolts, springs, and nuts for the ceramic coating yesterday.

PSA Warning: Ceramic coating is addictive!

You probably don't even need the shield anymore since ceramic coating is suppose to help retain the heat in. Either way they came out looking great. I'm jealous of your garage man I wish I had something that big with lifts in it. One day :D.

You probably don't even need the shield anymore since ceramic coating is suppose to help retain the heat in. Either way they came out looking great. I'm jealous of your garage man I wish I had something that big with lifts in it. One day :D.

Thanks man much appreciated. I am glad I built the garage, but it has been a lot of work. My father and I dry-walled the ceiling under the storage loft during Christmas break. So, I'm just about done with it.

I also converted my car to manual steering during the break. I found a decent deal on a rack, cleaned it up, installed new inner and outer tie rods, nsx-sa knock bush, and sos bushings. It was pretty straight forward except I had to order a new universal joint, as the splined shaft on the power rack is a larger diameter than the manual rack. Also, after removing the control module I'll need to find a subwoofer bracket from a 91-94. Power rack is on the shelf in case someone ever wants to switch it back.

Also, made another run to Pro-Kote Indy for my exhaust hardware and a few other items snuck in the box

God darn Chris. Finish your nsx's fast so you can open a shop specializing in doing what you do and refurbish mine. Seriously... You got talent!

The USA nsx heritage program, brought to you by Chris McCool...

Thanks everyone for the compliments I do appreciate it.
So, I ordered this back in November from rhdjapan (fantastic company to work with) and a big THANK YOU shout out to [MENTION=23132]keithsf[/MENTION] for all of the info. Even though my car isn't running it's getting pretty close and the wait was rough.
Anyhow, I'm so geeked about this thing I'm using the word geeked. Yesterday, I fitted the cats so I should be able to install it this week.

And with out further adieu my oldest part model.

Hi Chris,

Have you thought about ceramic coating your new exhaust system to keep the heat out of the trunk area. I remember you saying that you had the bug:wink: Great pic of your daughter modeling the exhaust!!

Joe

91 NSX Red​/Black

Hi Chris,

Have you thought about ceramic coating your new exhaust system to keep the heat out of the trunk area. I remember you saying that you had the bug:wink: Great pic of your daughter modeling the exhaust!!

Joe

91 NSX Red​/Black

Thanks Joe. I have a stock exhaust that I'm going to get ceramic coated. This one is titanium and I'm going to leave it as is.

I hate you right now.:biggrin:

Back