• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dallas area mechanics

Two questions:
- Do you guys have any recommendations for mechanics in the Dallas area? There was a recent post for David McDavid in Plano but I'd rather not use a dealership if possible.
- Is the NSX old enough where most reliable mechanics can work on it? Resh Bass Auto in Plano does great work on our other cars but I've never had him look at the NSX (1991).

Thanks for the help guys.

I purchased my NSX from a gentleman in Dallas. It was a 120k one-owner car that had 100% of its service done by the NSX tech at McDavid in Plano. For 20 years, Carl had done everything from timing belt changes to eliminating a random squeak in the dash. I spent time with him before purchasing the car, and I was very impressed with his expertise (unlike my local Acura dealer).

If you do decide to go with a dealer, go to McDavid and ask for Carl.

I know you asked for a non dealer recommendation but....
just as BamaFan above likes his guy at McDavid, I would like to refer you to Curtis a Acura certified master mechanic at Goodson Acura on Lemmon Ave in Dallas.
he is the only mechanic that works on any NSX at Goodson, and he has provided excellent care for my 92 daily driver I've owned for 18 years that has over 203,000 miles.
He will install non OEM parts as he recently installed a SOS clutch on my 3.8 NA
If you call Goodson ask for Richard Furcht to be your service advisor
good luck to you

For non Acura Dealer work try SCW performance in Lewisville. Quite a few NSX owners use Jeremy and appreciate his expertise with their cars.

http://www.s2carbonworks.com/info.html

The problem with using a non Acura Tech is you run the chance of having inferior service/parts done to your NSX. For basic service, brake pads and maybe an oil change (assuming you bring the correct filter) you might be alright. The Acura Tech's at McDavid and Goodson are both excellent, very knowledgeable on the NSX, have the proper tools and parts. I've found both Carl and Curtis to do excellent work so don't feel you have to shy away from the local Acura dealers.

^^ Thank you!

Yes, I work at SCW Performance. We do plenty of work to NSX, and Honda's in general. This week, we are actually tackling a Clutch install for Wades' NSX.

Feel free to call me for any questions, service advice or work - 405-201-7999 SCW Performance - Jeremy

If needing parts I'm at Mcdavid Acura in parts dept. I help out ITR and NSX guys

Like others have said, Curtis at Goodson in Dallas is one of the best when it comes to the NSX and has done most of the work on mine. However I will say that living closer to Fort Worth makes this more difficult. If your want to go to the FTW side of town, I found that Steve Metcalfe at Dealer-Alternative in Fort Worth was great to work with and did major service on my 92' and was very helpful in getting all my mechanical issues up to par. He did a great job and I saved a ton of money by buying my own Acura OEM parts online at a huge discount and having him do the work vs. what an Acura dealer would have charged. They were honest, helpful and did quality work!

Is there an echo in here? Another vote from me for Curtis at Goodson in Dallas. He did my timing belt/water pump service and did a thorough checkup on my Comptech supercharger setup. Have also heard great things about Jeremy at SCW. :)

Do you guys also have any tire store recommendations? Currently I take the 4Runner to Discount Tire off of Arapaho near Addison but not sure if they would be good for the NSX. Thanks for dealing with an old thread - I should have asked at the beginning.

I can get deals on tires as well and I personally used to work at Discount tire and worked on lots on high end cars and wheels. If you can bring me just the wheels I can mount them for cheap

I am looking for an excellent place to get a oil change near Fort Worth. I am also looking for an awesome place to get my new tires mounted/balanced/alignment. Any ideas would be super appreciated. First time posting on here, just joined today!

I know you asked for a non dealer recommendation but....
just as BamaFan above likes his guy at McDavid, I would like to refer you to Curtis a Acura certified master mechanic at Goodson Acura on Lemmon Ave in Dallas.
he is the only mechanic that works on any NSX at Goodson, and he has provided excellent care for my 92 daily driver I've owned for 18 years that has over 203,000 miles.
He will install non OEM parts as he recently installed a SOS clutch on my 3.8 NA
If you call Goodson ask for Richard Furcht to be your service advisor
good luck to you

Sorry...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/193907-RIP-Curtis-from-Goodson

- - - Updated - - -

For factory dealership work, Carl at McDavid Acura Plano is EXCELLENT!

For independent work in North Dallas, Jeremy at SCW Performance really knows his stuff!

For the west side of the DFW...this is the place that my car's former owner patronized & spoke highly of...

http://www.dealer-alternative.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you work currently? I thought it might have been a local dealership.

Chase works the parts counter at McDavid Acura Plano...go see him for parts!

:)

Unfortunately, this forum is dead these days. Everyone has migrated to Facebook (except me, apparently), so it's not likely that you will get a response here. If you are interested, the FB page is NSXoTX.

Jason at All About Imports in Denton has an NSX and does a great job at a fair price. 940-566-2125. I’m not on Facebook either.

Jason at All About Imports in Denton has an NSX and does a great job at a fair price. 940-566-2125. I’m not on Facebook either.

I went to All About Imports with mine a week ago. Small shop but honest people who seem to know the older NSX well. They loooked at quite a few things for me and only found a few issues to work on. I appreciated their willingness to take a look and their honesty in telling me what needed attention and what did not. I would recommend giving Jason and the people there a try if you are in the DFW area and can make it up to Denton to visit them.

All About Imports, Denton, TX @ 940-566-2125 ask for Jason

I went to All About Imports with mine a week ago. Small shop but honest people who seem to know the older NSX well. They loooked at quite a few things for me and only found a few issues to work on. I appreciated their willingness to take a look and their honesty in telling me what needed attention and what did not. I would recommend giving Jason and the people there a try if you are in the DFW area and can make it up to Denton to visit them.

Indeed,
Jason (Also a Gen1 NSX Owner) and his team are the best in DFW for not only top notch service / repairs, but a really quick turnaround with very competitive pricing:biggrin: All About Import's in Denton, TX for the Win! Also Chase Vaughn is really good. These are the only two I would trust locally with my NSX's as some of the others you may experience some serious down time without your NSX returning for a bit!

Back