• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any 2002 - 2005 NSX's in the Phoenix Area?

I'm about to ask a big favor:

Would anyone in the Phoenix area allow me to take a short test drive in their 2002-2005 NSX? I'm 52, very conservative behind the wheel, and have owned sports cars since 1982. I know it's asking a lot but I think the NSX is the greatest car on earth and I don't want to mess up by purchasing the wrong year. I've driven the older ones, it would be extremely helpful if I could drive the newer one.

Thank you,

-george (Scottsdale)

I'm about to ask a big favor:

Would anyone in the Phoenix area allow me to take a short test drive in their 2002-2005 NSX? I'm 52, very conservative behind the wheel, and have owned sports cars since 1982. I know it's asking a lot but I think the NSX is the greatest car on earth and I don't want to mess up by purchasing the wrong year. I've driven the older ones, it would be extremely helpful if I could drive the newer one.

Thank you,

-george (Scottsdale)

George, the prior owner of my 2000 bought a 2005 and remarked that it was very similar,
which makes sense since the majority of changes from '02 on were cosmetic
You would probably find that a drive in any stock NA2 6speed, from 97+ would give you a very good idea of power, feel, etc
Having said that, you are welcome to take a drive with me and we can talk about your goals for ownership
private message me and we can set up a time to meet up
-Chase (RedWings)

From what I understand, aside from exterior cosmetics and a few interior changes, there is no difference between a 97-01 and a 02-05. There is something in the engine that wears out in 97-01 that does not in 02-05 but I believe that is the only difference.

Back