• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another NSX just sold at Mecum for big $$

I was a little surprised at the price that it received. Pleasantly surprised. Your 95 looks awesome. I like that you have keep it OE. Not to many of us out there that want to keep them OE. How many miles do you have on it? Mine is a 96 with 43k all OE. I would consider it to be in excellent condition. I have the OE Wheels that were refinished in storage at this point. I just wanted to upgrade the wheels for car shows and it just handles better with 17" and 18".

Wowsa! Those dollars actually push it higher than a No.1 car valuation for that year according to Haggerty. Looks original right down to the OE skinny front spoiler. Wonder if the sale price benefited from the 2nd Gen release. I've personally had offers from two complete strangers to buy my car in the last two weeks.

Last edited:
Boy that's a lot of money. I think that will be the norm with the new NSX coming out and millennials beginning to make some big money.

That's great news for us NSX owner in bumping up the current price.

I was a little surprised at the price that it received. Pleasantly surprised. Your 95 looks awesome. I like that you have keep it OE. Not to many of us out there that want to keep them OE. How many miles do you have on it? Mine is a 96 with 43k all OE. I would consider it to be in excellent condition. I have the OE Wheels that were refinished in storage at this point. I just wanted to upgrade the wheels for car shows and it just handles better with 17" and 18".

Mine has about 122,000 miles and is all original. I've only owned it since last summer. I purchased it from the gentleman who had owned it its entire life. He took meticulous mechanical care of it and kept it in a climate-controlled garage. The interior looks brand new. However, it was his daily driver for almost 20 years and has never had any touch-up paint, so there is some curb rash on the wheels and the normal paint chips you would see on any vehicle driven 120k miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy that's a lot of money. I think that will be the norm with the new NSX coming out and millennials beginning to make some big money.

That would be nice, but I'm chalking this one up to auction fever.

Last edited:
That's great but 12000 miles I hope the new owner drives the crap out of it. Probably a collector tho

That was a very clean 1996, but I too was a little surprised at the result. Keep in mind, that 67% includes an 8% buyers commission, so the buyer paid $72k for it. I had to fly back home before it went across the block, but I really wish I could have seen it do so. A friend of mine was interested in the car, so I gave it a detailed look inside and out. The exterior was sharp and I couldn't find any obvious flaws under the crappy fluorescent lights of the tent. Didn't appear to have been hit though. All the documentation was with the car, including the monel key, targa plugs and cup holders. Interior was very clean and had the original tan floormats, which I don't see very often. Dash was in good condition with no obvious sun wear. Rear trunk & engine struts were weak and had a hard time holding up the trunk, but they had a little bit of life still in them. Engine bay was dirty and showed use and there was a strange white powder on the passenger side which I have no idea is from. Looked like the type of powder you would see from a battery leak which is weird as hell for being back there. Transmission and brake line fluid was a bit dark. So from a cosmetic and preservation stand point the car was in good shape, but mechanically it might not be as well taken care of. That is very hard to judge without running the car or listening to it though. I told my friend that below $35k was a great buy and up to $45k was "ok", I told them to walk away after $50k. Apparently someone else knew more than I did though ;)

The photo below is from when the dipshits from Mecum jump started the car after the batter went flat from sitting around for several days. I told them they needed to jump it from the rear engine, but they didn't want to hear any of that from me and seemed annoyed that I was even bothering them. They ran current through the front several times before giving up. Still not sure how they got the car running, but I hope they didn't do damage to it with their stupidity. Too bad they didn't just take my advice and do it the right way.

This car did better than a number of Ferraris that were there, so someone was there looking for this particular machine. While I personally think they overpaid by a lot, it is an excellent water mark for NSXs and perhaps an indication that the model is going to move up quicker than expected. Either that or the billionaire in the front row with his two blond girlies decided they would look cute driving around in it and just paid silly money for it.

8A5jpJ.jpg

3O7AvR.jpg

bpw5WV.jpg

That was a very clean 1996, but I too was a little surprised at the result. Keep in mind, that 67% includes an 8% buyers commission, so the buyer paid $72k for it. I had to fly back home before it went across the block, but I really wish I could have seen it do so. A friend of mine was interested in the car, so I gave it a detailed look inside and out. The exterior was sharp and I couldn't find any obvious flaws under the crappy fluorescent lights of the tent. Didn't appear to have been hit though. All the documentation was with the car, including the monel key, targa plugs and cup holders. Interior was very clean and had the original tan floormats, which I don't see very often. Dash was in good condition with no obvious sun wear. Rear trunk & engine struts were weak and had a hard time holding up the trunk, but they had a little bit of life still in them. Engine bay was dirty and showed use and there was a strange white powder on the passenger side which I have no idea is from. Looked like the type of powder you would see from a battery leak which is weird as hell for being back there. Transmission and brake line fluid was a bit dark. So from a cosmetic and preservation stand point the car was in good shape, but mechanically it might not be as well taken care of. That is very hard to judge without running the car or listening to it though. I told my friend that below $35k was a great buy and up to $45k was "ok", I told them to walk away after $50k. Apparently someone else knew more than I did though ;)

The photo below is from when the dipshits from Mecum jump started the car after the batter went flat from sitting around for several days. I told them they needed to jump it from the rear engine, but they didn't want to hear any of that from me and seemed annoyed that I was even bothering them. They ran current through the front several times before giving up. Still not sure how they got the car running, but I hope they didn't do damage to it with their stupidity. Too bad they didn't just take my advice and do it the right way.

This car did better than a number of Ferraris that were there, so someone was there looking for this particular machine. While I personally think they overpaid by a lot, it is an excellent water mark for NSXs and perhaps an indication that the model is going to move up quicker than expected. Either that or the billionaire in the front row with his two blond girlies decided they would look cute driving around in it and just paid silly money for it.

8A5jpJ.jpg

3O7AvR.jpg

bpw5WV.jpg

I never knew about jumping it from the rear until about 2 months ago. I've been jumping it from the front for 9+ years lol.

Look just to the left of the car. It is partially hidden behind it.

jump start NSX from the engine bay..

I never knew about jumping it from the rear until about 2 months ago. I've been jumping it from the front for 9+ years lol.

Can someone post a photo of how you can jump start from the rear? and also, which is the best route to jump start a NSX?

thanks

Hate to go there but...How many funny comments can you make about this picture?

-Previous owner was John Delorein

-Someone really "loved" this NSX

-The rare vanilla frosting option for the '96 NSX

eddie_82, thanks a bunch! Myself along with other members I'm sure thank you for that link..

The powder is spry on foot powder, it is used to find leaks. Just clean the area real good and blow dry with compressed air. Spray on the powder. Watch for the powder to look wet. It works really good, but whoever did it forgot to clean it off.

Not sure why these 2 listings don't show up on the Ebay ad thread, but there are 2 1992s with very low mileage from Marshall Goldman leasing with asks of $85K and $95K

Not sure why these 2 listings don't show up on the Ebay ad thread, but there are 2 1992s with very low mileage from Marshall Goldman leasing with asks of $85K and $95K
Yea I got an email from a salesman there asking me if I was interested. For a '96 to do that well at Mecum bodes well for us.

the key is to sell at the top.....where is that...:wink:

I had no idea but makes sense I guess. Just realized all 5 of our cars have opposite end batteries! 540i, XC90, 2 Prius, NSX. Both the 540i and XC90 have similar jump procedures, never had to jump the Prius though.

Back