• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Impression - Dunlop Direzza DII Star Spec 275/35R18 Rears.

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Wow! These rubber bastards stick to the road like the ebola virus binding to a cell. I still had a decent amout of tread left on the old DIIs p front but they soon will be replaced with 235/40R-17 Star Spec DII fronts. before we start a tire size shitstorm, I'm well aware that 215/40R-17 is the defacto go to tire from a front 17x8 wheel. This is going to be an experiment for me. If the suckers end up rubbing too much it's back to 215/40R17s up front. Keep posted for updates after the front DIIs are installed

Last edited:
Good to hear, I am considering these same tires for my 18x9.5 prodrive rears. Mind sharing your rim size and impressions on how "square" the sidewall looks.

I picked these tires up on recommendation from Kenneth. Fronts only but getting ready to order the rears in 265. The under-steer completely disappeared. Very sticky sneakers indeed.

Well even two previous revisions were very sticky. Last one had buzzing noise issue. Have they solved it with this one ?

Mind sharing your rim size.

HRE 545R 18X10 +39ET

Mind sharing your and impressions on how "square" the sidewall looks.

whatusaid.jpg

I just put these tires on and participated in a high performance school over the weekend. Yes, these tires really stick, and when you do reach the limit, the slide is very slow so it is much easier to detect and react.

Just bought a new set of these tires on Tirerack/ 215/40/17 front. My old Z1 fronts are still good but bought new ones for storage so I have them ready. My rears are very worn. So my new Z2 star spec in 265/35/18 will be installed probably next week.

Just bought a new set of these tires on Tirerack/ 215/40/17 front. My old Z1 fronts are still good but bought new ones for storage so I have them ready. My rears are very worn. So my new Z2 star spec in 265/35/18 will be installed probably next week.

You may not notice the difference on the street, but on the track they are great. However, they do wear out. The set I have on now have been through 4 track days, and a couple of canyon runs. They appear to have one more track weekend, before I need to buy a new set!

I recently replaced my 255 35 18 Yokohama ad08r's with these in 265 35 18 size. These are a lot stickier on wet and dry roads compared to the yokos. Road noise no different. Just ordered my fronts. Excellent tire at a very good price.

great tires you will love them and the grip they provide, mine have done several track days and long trips and still going strong although retired from all but wet track days now as I have track rims with Nitto's on

How bad is the noise when they do wear? I have heard that they are almost unbearable. What about wet grip? I rarely ever drive my NSX in the rain, but if I get caught in it on a road trip, I have to deal with it.

Still waiting for that follow up!!!

Wow! These rubber bastards stick to the road like the ebola virus binding to a cell. I still had a decent amout of tread left on the old DIIs p front but they soon will be replaced with 235/40R-17 Star Spec DII fronts. before we start a tire size shitstorm, I'm well aware that 215/40R-17 is the defacto go to tire from a front 17x8 wheel. This is going to be an experiment for me. If the suckers end up rubbing too much it's back to 215/40R17s up front. Keep posted for updates after the front DIIs are installed

Feels like yesterday. I've had these tire for about 2 years now. I've never tracked the car but driving back roads and long drives. These tires are great and defiantly recommend them and I will buy them again.

I am getting a dull hum or drone from rears about half starting tread depth

Back