• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago - Milwaukee check in & spotting thread

Hi!

The Michigan group has a similar thread and it seems to be pretty active so I thought we could use one, too. Some things are just not big enough to start a new thread for them so this is what we now have this one for.

Did you just buy your car? Have you seen one in the wild recently?

Hi!

The Michigan group has a similar thread and it seems to be pretty active so I thought we could use one, too. Some things are just not big enough to start a new thread for them so this is what we now have this one for.

Too much winter to see any NSXs. I saw mine in the garage the other day! It looked so good. Wanted to be driven. Hard.
But... instead I just started it up and got it nice and hot for about 20 minutes to keep things moving :(

Can't freakin wait for nsx weather to arrive!

HEY Paul and

Hi!

Think your idea is well-founded. A "catch-all" rag is where owners can come in, drop some thoughts and current happenings, and add to our ownership experiences.

So best to you for this new thread launch and we Michiganders will look in from time to time. Is that O.K.? :biggrin:

P S For you Chicago area/northern Indiana owners, you should be considering attending ESTFest! Great deal, free Friday evening track time, and some trick tech sessions plus drives, meals, and a lodge setting for perfect casual relaxation a block from Lake Huron. Getcherdang Passport and bring it!

See: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...wood-Inn-and-Resort-Grand-Bend-May-22-24-2015

Speak up if you have questions or wish details. It is a perfect road trip for Windy City and N Indiana NSX owners - PM me for additional info if you wish.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replay, Neal!

Yes - this thread was created because of you.. and you're guilty... and you're also welcome to stop by any time ;)

ESTFest is definitely on my list, hopefully next year.

I hope spring comes soon!

ESTfest looks fantastic! Will do my best to make it. A great way to kick off the 2015 driving season!

We need better weather..

How do you guys/gals feel about letting each other know about local parts (i.e. willing to sell/give but not if shipping is involved)? I have a garage full of stuff and I don't want to post on the parts classifieds because I don't want to deal with the headache of shipping. Thoughts? Or, should be just host a mart/sale at some get together?

This section doesn't allow any ads so the best way to sell NSX parts is to list them in the NSX Prime Marketplace or Craigslist. Whenever I want to sell something locally I usually put "Chicago" in the title and I also disclose it in the description. There are a lot of NSX owners in the area, most of them don't post very often and but they all are lurking here from time to time ;).

Good luck!

Checking in from Chicago South suburbs.Had a 92 NSX awhile back, went through a few Porsches and recently acquired a really nice 39,000 mile Berlina Black 91. Any thoughts on a very informal morning coffee / get together mid spring?

Checking in from Chicago South suburbs.Had a 92 NSX awhile back, went through a few Porsches and recently acquired a really nice 39,000 mile Berlina Black 91. Any thoughts on a very informal morning coffee / get together mid spring?

Welcome to the club!

How about a Saturday afternoon hot dog meet at Portillo's in mid April?

I was riding my bicycle to work today and saw a 97-01 red NSX just a few blocks away from my house. I didn't take a picture because it was parked on someone's driveway in Park Ridge - south west woods.

Back