• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

cherylmejia, BEWARE

I normally don't write negative feedbacks for members, but members such as cherylmejia and their poor practices should be known to the community so nothing like this happens again to anyone. Heres the story: I originally purchased the Stoptech BBK from Patrick Mendoza (cherylmejia). Everything went relative smoothly. He initially insisted that I send payment via gift and assured me that he's not out to screw anyone and stated that he has sold many things to many forum members. Even though he insisted I was adamant about sending payment via paypal to ensure protection for both him and me due to the fact that I don't know him, he's on the west coast, and etc. Initially we had complications due to the fact that paypal didn't release the funds, paypal stated that his account was only open recently (red flag). I relayed the message and he stated that it wasn't and that he's been an account holder for years. Fine I take his word for it. I call paypal to release the funds. Then I thought everything was going smoothly because he stated that he would take off the brakes now since he has gotten payment (ok, I thought he would already have started since I pay paled already), fine no worries, I waited. Then he texts me and tells me that he had to wait for stock brakes to come in, fine I waited for a couple more days I'm ok with it since its plausible. Then when he takes it off, then he states that the lines weren't good anymore and that he would send me new ones (he previously sent me the rear lines first) (great, red flag #2). Then when he goes to ship them, he said that the box he used fell apart (red flag#3), he said everything was ok. Then another couple days goes by, he ships them. When I received them, they were nothing that was described other than the gold paint. He originally stated that they were 90% gold (i was ok with it), since he used auto zone pain, but when I got them, the paint was smeared everywhere either form uninstallation, and he stated that may have been due to the residual brake fluid (never disclosed that to me), then I unpackaged the brake rotors, and found scratches and one that was moderately deep in the vanes was was due to improper packaging. They were wrapped only on both sides not all the way around because its a circle (red flag #4) (who does that when they are packaging the rotors ad calipers together with sharp edges). Fine, i was ok with it. I know the imperfections and could deal with the paint issue, so one and so forth. He previously sent me rear brake lines before because he thought paypal needed to have confirmation of shipment before releasing payment to him (red flag #5). Now I have the kit with only the rear lines, and he stated that he would send me the fronts later and that he ordered them and will shipping to him first. Days and weeks go by, and i contacted him intermittently to see what was going on. He stated that they should be arriving soon, then days later he says they sent him the wrong ones, and when asked where did he get them from and stated that he forgot. Then, finally I become fed-up and inpatient, and that it shouldn't take this long for brake lines to come in. He states that he doesn't know whats going on, the place where he purchased them didn't respond, and that they took his money. I said fine, just paypal me the price of a set of brake lines then we will be square and will no longer bother. To me that seemed fair, but He goes and states that he will be calling paypal up to file a dispute, and that he will not be paying for them twice. So what am I suppose to do, wait till paypal resolves it first before he would send payment or the lines? He said no, and that was the end of that. Mind you the transaction took place initially in November of 2014, its now februrary 2015. He has stopped all contact with me and has refused to square things away. I understand that the cost of the brake lines is $100, but the fact that you won't even try to resolve the problem for such minimal cost says something about a person. At this point, its really the principal of the matter. I hope everyone in the community reads this and don't do business with him at the risk of being wronged or cheated.

Back