• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash pot check valve

Can someone please advise me of how the flow arrow on the check valve for the dash pot on the throttle body should be?
I think it should point to the air tube but please correct me if I am wrong. Just went back to Oem intake and check valve was missing.
thank you.

35f15b3b2356bbccfe63ac30f00ed598.jpg

b81af45b166403223619ec6811fa47ad.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I do not see an arrow on the check valve? If I am going off of the testing diagram from the top page,
then the check valve should flow in the opposite direction of the way I have it. There should be a small arrow on the valve. Can anyone confirm it please. Much thanks.

After I saw this thread I spend some time looking at the service manual yesterday, but as you can see, the arrow is not shown in ANY pic in the manual. However if you have a vacuum tester, you can "test" it per the manual, and confirm it is in the correct direction. Sorry I could not get to my car last evening to look...

HTH,
LarryB

The arrow is right on the check valve. Or at least it is in mine. If no one can confirm I will just break out my vac pump.

I figured it out. The arrow is supposed to point towards the dash pot. The suction of the intake overcomes the check valve, then when the throttle closes, the check valve locks in the pressure, holding open the dash pot therefore lowering the throttle body slowly. I thought someone would have chimed in by now but problem solved....

Sorry dude I was on the run and quickly snapped few pictures but didn't realize it's hard to see. Arrow on the valve points towards intake hose.

Guys,

I think you are conflicting on the direction.

Jinks = arrow towards Dashpot
Solidol= Arrow towards Intake Hose

So the $1000 question is which one is correct?? I still did not get to my car.

Regards,
LarryB

Ok great. Thanks. I think solidol answered the question but one more confirmation would be great. The car idled very smoothly and no longer jerked as much once the check valve was installed. Probably the cheapest mod ever! I have no idea why the guy removed it?

- - - Updated - - -

B2finity, did you have a chance to check?

Great, thank you.

Back