• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of 1998 Black/Tan NSX-T in Roanoke Virginia

Just took delivery this weekend of a 1998 NSX-T with 53K miles. Car has zero mods but has been looked after by the previous owners. As you can see in the pictures there is still snow in these parts so I didn't get a chance to push it. Talked to Ben at Daisy Import Auto yesterday and I am planning on hauling it up there this weekend for him to inspect the car and go over the service records. I have been a member of the Lotus community for the past 6 years and I can already tell that NSX owners have the same level of enthusiasm and passion for their cars.
IMG_0261.jpgIMG_0263.jpg

Welcome & Congrats!

Welcome to NSX Ownership! You will certainly love the Car and all of the
good times hanging out around here. She looks great! Congrats & Enjoy!
Looks super clean! Very Nice!

Welcome aboard!
I'm 15 miles south of Martinsville off 220 (in Madison NC)...come on down for a drive. I've got a lift in the garage too.
Check out the MiniNSXPO in Raleigh.

Thanks! Was wondering if there was anyone close by...haven't seen an NSX since I moved here about 2 years ago.

Already got it on my calendar!

Congrats! Nice fine.

Just took delivery this weekend of a 1998 NSX-T with 53K miles. Car has zero mods but has been looked after by the previous owners. As you can see in the pictures there is still snow in these parts so I didn't get a chance to push it. Talked to Ben at Daisy Import Auto yesterday and I am planning on hauling it up there this weekend for him to inspect the car and go over the service records. I have been a member of the Lotus community for the past 6 years and I can already tell that NSX owners have the same level of enthusiasm and passion for their cars.
View attachment 121339View attachment 121340

ben at daisy auto is fantastic,highly recommended.he did a comprehensive mechanical refresh on my car that i'm super pleased with.he knows everything about nsx's.

Car looks AMAZING! Welcome to NSX ownership!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome. Looks like a beauty and in great shape. Let us know how it goes with Ben - I hear he is great (wish he was closer!). And, always great to have another owner in Virginia !! Cheers, Jay

My brother picked up an Elise after I purchased my NSX. His car attracts a lot more attention but I wouldnt trade him!

Congrats, come to Raleigh for the MiniExpo in May!

Tell us your purchase story! How long did you look? Where did you find it?

Hmm let's see...I've wanted one since they came out when I started high school in 91. I've been following the market on/off over the years and probably have been seriously looking for about 4-5 months. It was hard to find anything close by on the East coast and I was fairly specific in wanting a black targa. I basically checked Autotrader and Prime every day and eventually stumbled upon the car at a dealership in San Francisco called Cars Dawydiak. The dealership sells mostly older model Porsches and Alfas but the salesman I spoke to had sold all the of the NSXs that had come through the door over the years. The ad "had the pictures coming soon" so I had them send me some cellphone pics and I went over the maintenance records with them. The car was listed for sale on Prime in 2011 and was first owned by Robert Redford. I pretty much pulled the trigger the next day feeling I would rather pay slightly more to get the color combo I wanted. I had Intercity Lines transport it cross country and they did a fantastic job as always but due to the horrible weather recently it took about 2 weeks. First time I ever drove an NSX was the day I got it delivered. Couldn't be more happy with my decision.

I grew up in Lynchburg, worked in Roanoke, and actually found my NSX outside Pulaski. Funny thing is my avatar picture was taken on day 1 return trip and stopped at the gas station in Montvale. Too bad Ive moved on to Texas a few years ago! Congrats on the purchase and please enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway for me!!

You wont see many NSXs until you venture up to NOVA, and even then its seldom it seems.

Last edited:
You mean, like the owner of the NSXprime website? :biggrin:

He's the first person I thought of too. There are amazing driving roads in the Blacksburg area; probably the best in all of Virginia. There is a small handful of NSXers there but we NoVA guys enjoy that drive too.

I had Intercity Lines transport it cross country and they did a fantastic job as always but due to the horrible weather recently it took about 2 weeks. First time I ever drove an NSX was the day I got it delivered. Couldn't be more happy with my decision.

I bet those 2 weeks felt like an eternity

There are amazing driving roads in the Blacksburg area; probably the best in all of Virginia. There is a small handful of NSXers there but we NoVA guys enjoy that drive too.
I haven't done all that much driving around Blacksburg - just I-81 and US-460 on the way to and from VIR - so I can't make a comprehensive comparison. But I can tell you that the best road I've ever driven (east of the Rockies, anyway) is US-250 between Staunton VA and the WV border. :)

I grew up in Lynchburg, worked in Roanoke, and actually found my NSX outside Pulaski. Funny thing is my avatar picture was taken on day 1 return trip and stopped at the gas station in Montvale. Too bad Ive moved on to Texas a few years ago! Congrats on the purchase and please enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway for me!!

You wont see many NSXs until you venture up to NOVA, and even then its seldom it seems.

I tried to take the NSX out on the Blue Ridge Parkway the day I got it delivered but they don't plow it in the winter so it was closed. Decided to hit the twisties on Bent Mountain heading towards Floyd instead.
Smart man, late model NSXs in a preferred color don't come along very often.
Agreed. According to the production numbers I found on this website there were only 6 black/tan targas produced in 1998 (5 with MT)
I bet those 2 weeks felt like an eternity
Haha. Absolute torture!
I haven't done all that much driving around Blacksburg - just I-81 and US-460 on the way to and from VIR - so I can't make a comprehensive comparison. But I can tell you that the best road I've ever driven (east of the Rockies, anyway) is US-250 between Staunton VA and the WV border. :)
I will have to check that out once the weather warms up around here.

Beautiful! Congrats :)

Back