• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE 2005 Acura NSX JH4NA21645S000143 - Southeast Auto Group

Warning! Newly listed on a few websites. There's frame damage and the car has been in multiple accidents.

07/06/2005
CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
EMISSION INSPECTION
08/09/2005
CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
TITLE (Title #:04W031472) (Leased Vehicle)
09/02/2005
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL (Leased Vehicle)
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Accident Source
FRONT IMPACT WITH A DITCH
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Police Report
ACCIDENT REPORTED
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Accident Source
SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED
10/12/2006
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
09/26/2007
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
09/22/2008
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept.
07/24/2009
FALLS CHURCH, VA
Independent Emission Source
PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/17/2009
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
Motor Vehicle Dept.
TITLE (Title #:67548776) (Lien Reported)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/01/2010
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
Motor Vehicle Dept.
07/08/2011
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
Motor Vehicle Dept.
09/12/2011
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
Motor Vehicle Dept.
02/07/2012
FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
03/20/2012
BENSALEM, PA
Motor Vehicle Dept.
TITLE (Title #:67548776)
04/03/2012
MIAMI BEACH, FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
TITLE (Title #:0108602332) (Lien Reported)
04/03/2012
MIAMI BEACH, FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
08/31/2012
MIAMI BEACH, FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
01/22/2013
MIAMI BEACH, FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
05/04/2014
MIAMI BEACH, FL
State Agency
FRONT IMPACT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE (Case #:6574398)
05/04/2014
FL
Police Report
FRONT IMPACT COLLISION
ACCIDENT REPORTED (Case #:2014-50161)
05/04/2014
FL
State Agency
MINOR DAMAGE REPORTED
05/04/2014
FL
Police Report
VEHICLE WAS TOWED
12/16/2014
MIAMI BEACH, FL
Motor Vehicle Dept.
02/23/2015
FL
Auto Auction
REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
02/27/2015
FL
Auto Auction
AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS STRUCTURAL DAMAGE REPAIRED

<tbody>
</tbody>

I edited the title of the thread and now need a few more bumps to get it to top position on Google searches with the new warning thread title .......

I love RSO a true warrior.:biggrin: never stop being RSO promise us

I emailed the dealer (under another name) and asked of there was any prior damage to body or frame.

Here is the response:

"Good Afternoon,

This 2005 Acura NSX to our knowledge has not had any of the damage listed in your message. We do believe it has had the front bumper repainted. If you have any questions about this vehicle please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks,

Lee Geller
Southeast Auto Group
Phone: (704) 799-7774
Toll Free: 1-(866) 632-6207
Fax: (704) 660-3196
Email: [email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote back and asked about the manheim notation and received this reply:

"Since the NSX is a unibody construction vehicle, any prior damage is considered damage to the structure of the vehicle. The car is in excellent condition and looks great. It is 1 of 3 made that year with that color of exterior/interior. I will post pictures as soon as the vehicle get to our detail department. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,

Lee Geller
Southeast Auto Group

if it sold for 58K at the auction what could they have done to it to mark it up so much?

- - - Updated - - -

marked up almost 20K more than they purchased it for these guys are not nice at all.

a car wash and interior detail isn't worth 20K that's for sure

Last edited:
if it sold for 58K at the auction what could they have done to it to mark it up so much?

- - - Updated - - -

marked up almost 20K more than they purchased it for these guys are not nice at all.

a car wash and interior detail isn't worth 20K that's for sure

Honestly the markup isn't that bad - they went to the auction looking to buy something they could profit on. A $75k advertised price means that they probably won't go below $70k and that is about a 20% profit from their purchase price. I assume they had fees & travel expenses for Manheim, so it might even be a bit below that. If the car market stays "hot" they might be able to sell the car with a salvage disclosure at close to that price given how hard it is to find a good 2005 now a days.

Can't begrudge a company for trying to make a profit. You can give them a hard time for blatant misrepresentation though which is what is so damning about the response they sent to RSO. That type of behavior should get them blackballed in the market.

Wonder if you can report them for any kind of commercial violation in disclosure law? RSO?

Not sure on this specific vehicle and Brian from source1 can chime in since he knows auctions very well but years ago when I went to the auction with an old friend many cars with a bumper replaced or repainted would be marked "structural damage repaired" to basically cover their ass.

Not defending or going either way on this specific vehicle, but if someone has interest I'd suggest inspecting it thoroughly and digging a bit deeper. The auctions seem to mark this on many vehicles so later on they aren't liable and don't have to hear the BS if someone causes an issue that a bumper etc was replaced.

So i asked about representation that bumper was only painted and apparent conflict with their reason for Manheim marking Here is their reply:

" Hi : Sorry to confuse you. Due to the way this type of vehicle is built any damage to the vehicle is considered damage to the structure . The auctions use this terminology to limit any liability . Like we mentioned before this very rare vehicle is in great shape . Once it is ready for sale we encourage you to have it inspected to insure the actual condition meets your criteria . Regards

Lee Geller
Southeast Auto Group

I saw the paint condition. Front end had very poor paint. Fish eyes, Orange peel. Doors, Fenders, hood, front bumper. The car was slated to run a few weeks prior to this sale and it never did due to the car not starting. Wasn't out of fuel nor did it have a dead battery. Manheim would not disclose what the issue was. However I can assure you based off of the condition report there was front frame rail issues. They need to pull the condition report before they sell something they are not aware of if that is the case. But, I doubt anyone would spend 58k on a car and not look at the entire condition report. You don't get a 1.9 rating for a bumper repaint.. And they don't claim structure damage unless they see actual structure damage. Sounds like someone is trying to fly it under the radar. Been at these auctions for 15 years and they are pretty thorough.

Sounds rough, figured since Brian saw it in person he could chime in. Steer clear on all fronts then.

They are probably just hoping someone doesn't do their research and trusts what the dealer says about only having the front bumper repainted. Hopefully potential buyers search the VIN#.

So I cut and pasted the usaf accident and asked if that was what caused the bumper repaint:

"yes . this is correct

Lee Geller
Southeast Auto Group

I will now ask him about second accident .......

He should just respond with: "dude, you clearly aren't buying the car so why are you bustin my balls while I am sitting here waiting to land a sucker?" :p

Just got this (non)response:

"It appears the front facia or cover was repaired and refinished looks like new

Sent from my iPhone"

Warning! Newly listed on a few websites. There's frame damage and the car has been in multiple accidents.
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Accident Source
FRONT IMPACT WITH A DITCH
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Police Report
ACCIDENT REPORTED
04/16/2006
U S A F ACADEMY, CO
Accident Source
SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED

<tbody>
</tbody>

What about that poor ditch. Hoping its impact damage isn't covered up & hidden by wild grass or nefariously filled in with fresh sod. Can anyone local stop by and verify whether any frog eye lights & 02+ bumpers have sprouted from the debris, growing by the roadside by now and ready for conversions...

Last edited:
Back