• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Valence Comparison 2002+ vs. 2001 and earlier

Hello Prime,

Asking for your help on comparing the 2002+ rear valence vs. the 2001 and earlier model. I have read many threads but still confused on the main differences. Could anyone post a picture of each rear OEM valence so I may see the difference?

Thanks

google is your friend...

2002+
DSC_1032.jpg

1991-2001
url

:smile: How did you exit the car parked so close? Heheh.

This is a pretty easy DIY if you follow the directions posted on Prime. I installed a FACTORY Honda part and 0 fitment issues. IMO this is the way the car should have come from the factory - it makes a big difference visually out back. A must if you own a low-hanging exhaust or use the Type-R wing.

Don't forget the center bracket!

1991 - 2001 Rear Valence

Rear  Valence Stock.jpg

2002-2005 Rear Valence

Rear Valence After.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks but unable to see the 1991 - 2001.

google is your friend...

2002+
DSC_1032.jpg

1991-2001
url

Very helpful. You can really see the difference between the two.

How about this pic:

16718367991_e514de61bb_b.jpg

This is a pretty easy DIY if you follow the directions posted on Prime. I installed a FACTORY Honda part and 0 fitment issues. IMO this is the way the car should have come from the factory - it makes a big difference visually out back. A must if you own a low-hanging exhaust or use the Type-R wing.

Don't forget the center bracket!

1991 - 2001 Rear Valence

View attachment 121378

2002-2005 Rear Valence

View attachment 121377

Again you can see the difference and how it makes the NSX look more complete. Thanks for sharing.

One of the best mods anyone can do to update their nsx.

View attachment 121396View attachment 121397My side by side view. My 91 rear valence was aftermarket marga hills. Switched to Oem na2.
Just say no. To fiberglass.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with Oem as well. Don't buy fiberglass or fiberglass wrapped in carbon fiber. She'll out the the 200$ more and get Honda quality. Can' t go wrong.

Normally I would argue with this comment but having owned a GT-One rear fiberglas valance. Fit and finish was spot on. I was very lucky.
View attachment 121396View attachment 121397My side by side view. My 91 rear valence was aftermarket marga hills. Switched to Oem na2.
Just say no. To fiberglass.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with Oem as well. Don't buy fiberglass or fiberglass wrapped in carbon fiber. She'll out the the 200$ more and get Honda quality. Can' t go wrong.

Back