• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 @ Geneva 2015

I love this layout absolutely awesome honda-nsx-2015-06.jpg

am I mistaken or wasn't the new NSX supposed to be badged as an Acura worldwide?

I much prefer the worldwide recognised and racing heritage of the "H" symbol on the NSX over the north American-only snob induced Acura branding, but wasn't it said the car would be universally Acura from now on?

honda-nsx-1.jpg

This is a good shot of the new NSX to establish how muscular and lean the car is and should squash all comparisons with resemblance to the rounder R8.

^^ the more I look at the new nsx, the more I like it. Look better than the R8, IMO.

That side profile looks awesome.

until a very short time ago only north America (U.S. and Canada) sold "Acura" branded Honda cars. in Australia, New Zealand, the Asian countries, and throughout Britain, Europe, central and south America, Africa, middle east, etc. all Honda vehicles were simply "Honda" vehicles, including the NSX. America and Canada were the only places an "Acura" NSX existed.

I heard Russia recently joined the "Acura" bandwagon also, and China was the first place outside of north America to sell an Acura? Hong Kong is basically China, so that makes sense. however i just spent a quick few minutes searching for an Acura dealership in Mexico and came up empty-handed.

i must have been mistaken, but i thought i remembered it being said the new NSX would be an Acura everywhere as that was the brand's intention, to make itself known in the other world markets with their flagship model leading the way?

- - - Updated - - -

personally, i think that big "H" just looks right on the front of the NSX.

maybe it's my memory of Formula 1 days with a certain Mr. Senna at the wheel? or Mr. Zanardi driving an Indycar? but i love seeing a big "H" logo on the front and side of a race car. i think it fits better than the luxury brand symbol of "A" for Acura...

Very cool. I think the trunk space is adequate. And the Engine cover is growing on me...

I'm glad it has rear storage as opposed to front storage like the 911 and R8 have. The heavy latching mechanism required on a front hood is too awkward to open and close on a daily basis. Although the original NSX beats all of the aforementioned cars for trunk practicality.

I still don't like the Rubbermaid engine cover, but I'm hating it less than when I first saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a video of the NSX unveiling at the Geneva show. Note how the "NSX 2.0 is an American car" tone that was used at the Detroit show is absent, instead leaving us with an impression of "it's a Japanese car".

- - - Updated - - -

From Honda's pre launch party in Geneva. What have they done to get the front air dam so low to the ground? It can't possibly be that low on the production model.

44234_It_s_Honda_s_time_Geneva_Motor_Show_Preview_Event_launch_of_Type_R_and_NSX-1024x683.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Love the side profile. It looks so much more aggressive and exotic from the side view than the new R8 does....

nsx_900_2015_03_03_09.jpg

Last edited:
A recent picture from Geneva letting us see the car's trunk for the first time...

honda-nsx15.jpg

The storage space is nice, but still not a fan of the melted plastic look of engine cover, especially when compared to the R8. And the "NSX" badge on the cover seems very redundant---I think we all know it's an NSX by the time we look at the engine lol.

Attachments

• audi r8 engine.jpg
    audi r8 engine.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 606
until a very short time ago only north America (U.S. and Canada) sold "Acura" branded Honda cars. in Australia, New Zealand, the Asian countries, and throughout Britain, Europe, central and south America, Africa, middle east, etc. all Honda vehicles were simply "Honda" vehicles, including the NSX. America and Canada were the only places an "Acura" NSX existed.

I heard Russia recently joined the "Acura" bandwagon also, and China was the first place outside of north America to sell an Acura? Hong Kong is basically China, so that makes sense. however i just spent a quick few minutes searching for an Acura dealership in Mexico and came up empty-handed.

i must have been mistaken, but i thought i remembered it being said the new NSX would be an Acura everywhere as that was the brand's intention, to make itself known in the other world markets with their flagship model leading the way?

- - - Updated - - -

personally, i think that big "H" just looks right on the front of the NSX.

maybe it's my memory of Formula 1 days with a certain Mr. Senna at the wheel? or Mr. Zanardi driving an Indycar? but i love seeing a big "H" logo on the front and side of a race car. i think it fits better than the luxury brand symbol of "A" for Acura...

Hong Kong has had Acuras for over 20 years.

Another very interesting car - I'm curious to see what this does to the already plummeting value of the out-of-warranty early buggy 12C's. Who in their right mind would buy one over the new model unless it was MUCH cheaper?
With no service center near me and a bank account that would not support frequent multi-thousand dollar service visits via flatbed, I'm definitely not in the market but I do find their cars very appealing!

Another very interesting car - I'm curious to see what this does to the already plummeting value of the out-of-warranty early buggy 12C's. Who in their right mind would buy one over the new model unless it was MUCH cheaper?
With no service center near me and a bank account that would not support frequent multi-thousand dollar service visits via flatbed, I'm definitely not in the market but I do find their cars very appealing!

Me probably like.....but no way.

that would be the only reason to buy an MP4, even though i have heard the later model cars were heaps better in reliability than the first year run. McLaren has already upgraded and superseded the car twice now with the 650 and 675...

- - - Updated - - -

The storage space is nice, but still not a fan of the melted plastic look of engine cover, especially when compared to the R8. And the "NSX" badge on the cover seems very redundant---I think we all know it's an NSX by the time we look at the engine lol.

agreed, the NSX engine cover looks pretty cheap. and even without the cover, the engine isn't very pretty to showcase regardless. the R8 looks heaps better, but that cross brace distracts from the engine unlike the previous model...

Last edited:
agreed, the NSX engine cover looks pretty cheap. and even without the cover, the engine isn't very pretty to showcase regardless. the R8 looks heaps better, but that cross brace distracts from the engine unlike the previous model...

I think that V8 engine space looks just as "basic" or cheap with plastic looking covers and chrome rings with little articulation for aesthetic sculpting.

The new NSX cover has more articulation, but it's just cheap plastic by material depth. If it were say a more distinguished material with some color differentiation, it would be heaps better. Especially with aluminum pipes (anodized/powdercoated/polished/satin) type of detailing vs regular rubber hoses.

- - - Updated - - -

The other practical matter I would like to add tho is that the NSX engine cover should be more open or one piece. Dissembling that 4+ piece plastic cover would be a nuisance!

I agree as well. The R8 engine and the engine bay is a work of art. Even my completely stock one looks rather good, if I do say so myself.

E07101D8-FC41-45B8-A35D-C9CD55BF7670_zps15rrekwf.jpg

The new NSX cover has more articulation, but it's just cheap plastic by material depth. If it were say a more distinguished material with some color differentiation, it would be heaps better. Especially with aluminum pipes (anodized/powdercoated/polished/satin) type of detailing vs regular rubber hoses.

i don't see any artistry or showcasing of the new NSX engine.

the engine cover to me looks a lot like, how would you say? a strainer in your kitchen sink over the garbage disposal...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree as well. The R8 engine and the engine bay is a work of art. Even my completely stock one looks rather good, if I do say so myself.

E07101D8-FC41-45B8-A35D-C9CD55BF7670_zps15rrekwf.jpg

i am inclined to agree with SebringSilver and others on this subject...

I am referring to the details and aesthetic here:

2016-Acura-NSX-engine.jpg

2016-Acura-NSX-Hybrid-machine.jpg

The above's engine detail looks much more sophisticated and cooler than the R8's open engine aesthetic that has painted covers technically.
The material and color treatment of the engine/drivetrain is quite beautiful. The rubber intake hoses look like glossy metallic and that changes things a bit nicely.

The cover carry overs the same level of detail, but it's matte plastic black so it looks cheap and as I mentioned it would be a trivial pain to take apart. They should just use a light/thin composite/acrylic/polycarbonate glass that is heat resistant to showcase the engine bay area in open. Obviously tinted too to help protect it from UVs.

- - - Updated - - -

nxsengine3-610x394.jpg

Back