• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First drive of the year 3-29

JC so glad you're ok. I felt better after talking you. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you and your NSX.

Like mentioned by others, glad you're OK and wish you a quick recovery, I'm sure the car will be fine.

Short but sweet drive!

Thank you everyone for the pleasant cruise. Aside from a little mishap early in the AM, I had a great time. I hope the driver of the yellow NSX is doing okay and the car can be repaired. I hope you're feeling better - it could have been much worse!

I'm sharing some shots I took. These are raw/unedited. I'm not a photographer so please feel free to save/do with them as you please. Enjoy!

Shooting cars is not so easy. This was my first time so excuse me if they're not up to standard. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Damn....hosting destroys image quality lol :'(

OK, so that was an eventful drive. Short but eventful. T got me home safe and i would like to publicly thank he and Danny and Shirley for looking after me until the paramedics could arrive. I'm pretty beat up and sore and really looking forward to dealing with the insurance company. Not.

I want to thank the SoCal NSX group for their support in the past and in the future. I'm hoping the car can be rebuilt. I'll keep you posted as I begin this next adventure.

Hi JC, We spoke briefly in the morning and was so shocked to find out what happened. It was an unfortunate accident but I'm really glad that you're okay. The nsx can be fixed and you'll be back on the road in no time. I don't know the extent of the damage to your nsx but I have a Oem hood that you might be able to use to replace your damaged one. Just let me know.

Take care and make sure get yourself checked.
-henry

To all, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Will be seeing doctors tomorrow to see how bad I've wadded myself up. Claim has been filed and now I'll dance with insurance company. Will not part with the car so for those who have already inquired, the car is not up for sale. She will be repaired and new paint. Will be looking for some parts. I don't think there is any frame damage and I think some of that can be attributed to 1) hitting that wall dead on & 2) the STMPO front chassis bar. Headlight buckets seem to look intact as well. Thanks to all for your texts and calls. Much appreciated.

Oh, as to what caused this accident? I have no idea. I was accelerating up the ramp and the car veered dead right with no warning. It didn't drift and there was no gradual slide. This was way more dramatic than snap oversteer. Zero time to react. It felt like the right half shaft let go. I guess we'll have a better idea when we pull her apart.

10931016_10206345223778311_3955555420656756997_n.jpg

Last edited:
What a wonderful day. Here are a few few photos taken by Toronto photographer Ray Reinson who joined us for this very exciting first major ride of the year.
P1050052.jpg
P1050099.jpg
P1050115.jpgP1050179.jpg
P1050181.jpg
P1050207.jpg
P1050209.jpgP1050229.jpg

Attachments

• P1050229.jpg
    P1050229.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
To all, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Will be seeing doctors tomorrow to see how bad I've wadded myself up. Claim has been filed and now I'll dance with insurance company. Will not part with the car so for those who have already inquired, the car is not up for sale. She will be repaired and new paint. Will be looking for some parts. I don't think there is any frame damage and I think some of that can be attributed to 1) hitting that wall dead on & 2) the STMPO front chassis bar. Headlight buckets seem to look intact as well. Thanks to all for your texts and calls. Much appreciated.

Oh, as to what caused this accident? I have no idea. I was accelerating up the ramp and the car veered dead right with no warning. It didn't drift and there was no gradual slide. This was way more dramatic than snap oversteer. Zero time to react. It felt like the right half shaft let go. I guess we'll have a better idea when we pull her apart.
JC, I saw your big smile as I was getting in line to leave the Albertson's parking lot. Then, we were all parked on the side of the 10 freeway, after Les pointed for us to all pull over, and I just sat in my car wondering what was up. I knew Les was upset and didn't want to get out of my car on the busy freeway but waited to hear why we pulled over. You were in an accident?? I expected someone had taken the 10 north instead of south. JC, as I pulled onto the 10 and that 180 degree on ramp, my front end started going for the wall, too! I was surprised and pulled it back. I know you are no novice squid driver. I just can't help but wonder if there was something on the pavement or?

You need this bad luck like a new A hole. (((HUG)))

10931016_10206345223778311_3955555420656756997_n.jpg

Never like seeing this. I'm glad you're ok bud. Here's to a speedy revovery, and better things to come!

B@t™

What a wonderful day. Here are a few few photos taken by Toronto photographer Ray Reinson who joined us for this very exciting first major ride of the year.

George, you were so generous to have me, Jennifer and her young'ns back to your house. That was a great drive on the 23 to get there, and Sherwood Lake was gorgeous. Your home and 900+ model cars were very impressive along with your other "toy" with the loud motor inside the trailer. Most of all, though, your Tesla was... I can't think of the word. I'm glad my eyeballs didn't really come out the back of my head like they felt like they did. I couldn't see with the acceleration of it. WOW!! Awesome is the best word I can think of. Thank YOU! I appreciate your kindness, sharing your home and toys with us.

To all, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Will be seeing doctors tomorrow to see how bad I've wadded myself up.

JC - Hate seeing this... Hope you are okay and not to banged up.
As for the car, I can't imagine how that happened... surely mechanical
you are a helluva good driver

Very glad you are okay JC. I let out a sigh of relief after we found out you weren't badly injured. The so cal group will help you get your baby back on the road!! Keep that positive mindset brother. I am very very curious as to how/why this happened as your description of the event leads me to believe it was something mechanical that caused the accident.

Aside from the rough start, it was an awesome drive and meeting new faces! Thank you Les once again for organizing these epic drives. Here are some pictures my passenger Tyler Le took.

16785938159_6a85a72253_c.jpg

16946187796_ae4246b25f_b.jpg

16349771144_70e6ba4215_c.jpg

16946313926_70afdf339f_z.jpg

16973819205_1394a00d24_c.jpg

16971423171_6daf9f26fd_z.jpg

16971099862_750b6a5df0_z.jpg

16972488362_ecaaa99d97_z.jpg

16972571342_2ca3ed8482_c.jpg

16973193661_17c23b636a_c.jpg

16948331026_4684a0705e_c.jpg

16799544079_61d88bef57_b.jpg

Last edited:
George, Thank you so much for having my family to your house! Your collections of model cars and cars are imaging. I felt like I was in an amusement (Legoland) Park. We enjoyed the insane Tesla launch!

Lamar,

Get onto YouTube, upload your video to youtube. Copy the location of your video on yourtube. Then paste that location on your reply to this thread.

Back