• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accusump air

What do you guys suggest for the air pre load on the accusump? The directions are not specific but I have read online people like to use nitrogen.

It's a bit vague 60-100 psi. I just did 100psi since that's what they say to use for pre lube on a fresh setup.

With 100 PSI the acusump won't do anything. The cylinder won't fill with oil.

The correct pre-charge is 7-10 psi.

From accusump:

Once the Accusump™ is mounted and the plumbing installed take some time to set the Accusump™'s precharge.
Improper pre-charge can result in many problems. To ensure your Accusump™ will work correctly follow
the steps listed here.
With the valve in the open position (electric units energized) and the engine not running; pressurize the
Accusump™ to 60 psi. This will ensure all the oil is out of the unit and the piston is all the way to the oil end. While
the Accusump™ is pressurized to 60 psi check all the fittings (gauges and lines) for leaks. Apply soapy water to each
area and check for bubbles. If possible, wait overnight to ensure there is no loss of pressure. For the unit to operate
correctly there cannot be any leaks in the air side. Temperature change will affect pressure.
Once you are sure there are no leaks, bleed down the air pre-charge to between 7 and 10 psi. Now when you
start the engine and open or energize the valve, the pressure in the air side of the Accusump™ should increase to
approximately that of your engine oil pressure. After you close the valve and shut your engine off, check your oil
level. Add oil as required to compensate for the oil being held in the Accusump™.
Under normal conditions the pre-charge should not need resetting after the initial set up. However, if a leak occurs
or if the unit's pre-charge seems to have changed you may need to reset your pre-charge to ensure your Accusump™
performs correctly. To reset your pre-charge, set the valve to the open position (electric units energized) while the
engine is not running; and pressurize the Accusump™ to 60 psi. Next bleed down the air pre-charge to between 7
and 10 psi.
Under no circumstances should the safety valve be removed, as this will void the warranty. If oil leaks from the
safety valve, be sure that it is sealed with Teflon tape and tightened; the safety valve is hand tight when delivered and
requires final tightening after installation of the Accusump™ valve. If oil still leaks from the safety valve, there is a
problem in the installation. These valves are very reliable and are set to open at 175 PSI, which is far above the
pressure the unit would see if installed correctly.

^ this is what I do never had a problem.

though, Last time I had to service the unit and unscrewed the fitting on the valve after following instructions to the 't' and got blasted with about 1/2 a quart of mobil1 @ 80psi right in the face. that. really. fucking. sucked.

Back