• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"So now this is happeneing..." Jeremy Clarkson suspended?

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motor...y-bbc--no-“top-gear”-this-week-173019421.html

Punching people? Racist?

I am really behind in the times, I guess. Apparently this has been an ongoing issue for him.....I know Hammond said some foolish satire regarding Mexico a long while back, but I had no clue this show had such a rampant "racism problem".

To be honest I don't really care, it's not like they(the three amigos) hate the world and are spreading hate--like white supremacists, etc. I do definitely think that some of the things they "go on about" on that show can be a little careless sometimes though.

I'll take his job. I'm the most nonracist guy you'll meet, and I love what he does for a paycheck.:wink:

Part of what makes Top Gear UK so freaking good is the seemingly unedited views of Clarkson, Hammond, and May (mostly Clarkson). With regard to the FLK number plate on the Porsche I have no doubt that it was a jab at Argentina probably masterminded by Clarkson. Was it in good taste? Probably not but it was Argentina that invaded the Falklands back in the day. I'm thinking with this new world order of political correctness you will not be able to tell a joke without getting suspended or fired.

I notice watching the shows sometimes that they say/said things there in Britain that went off without a hitch, but if you said them here you'd be fired, prosecuted, and hung by the media.

Joking about WWII, German/Nazi related jokes. Remember when Clarkson made a jab about some German cars navigation unit "sat-nav that only goes to Poland", and turning signals resembling Third Reich salutes.

Is it unfortunately funny(because he's joking)? Yep, it is.

If you said something like that on American TV, would you be fired and hung out to dry by the next evening on every media outlet known to man? Yep, you would.

Last edited:
people need to stop being so overly sensitive.

Agreed. We all need to be able to take a jab now and then. Laugh it off and move on.

Agreed. We all need to be able to take a jab now and then. Laugh it off and move on.
Even more - it's an external sign of good health. Means you are comfortable with what you are. This kind of reaction reeks of an Orwellian big brother like world where your thoughts have to be kept in line.

Without Clarkson, there is no Top Gear....he'll be picked up by another network and start a new show.

BBC will be killing there top most successful show...grossing over a $1B pounds a year.

Bram

Everything in this world boils down to money. If there is meat left on the bone when it comes to Jeremy you can be rest assured that they will hire him back even if he's fired. Whether or not he'll come back....well that's up to him. I bet he'll tell the BBC to F off if they do fire him.

.he'll be picked up by another network and start a new show.

I felt the same way until I remembered that such "skipping rocks" with concern to popular television hardly works out.
(See: Conan O'Brian; Jay Leno)

I have a bad feeling that if he were to be fired/quit, and if he were to be drafted by some other network who just so happened to get the other two guys and start an almost mirror-image show.......it would lose most of it's momentum and fail leaving a really bad taste in the mouths of every true Top Gear fan.

It wouldn't be known as "The show that went out with a monumental and controversial bang!", but rather, "The show that thought it was invincible, and found it was no better than a 30-year-old MG on a really hot day going up a really long and steep hill."
Tough way to see one of the hottest shows go out. It broke my heart when I saw Conan/Jay dissolve. I wasn't even a regular viewer; just the thought of two great shows ending in such a bad way...:(

BBC will be killing there top most successful show...grossing over a $1B pounds a year.

Does it really make that much!?! WOW. :eek:

Wow! I figured they pulled in some good money since they spend a lot to make the shows and especially the specials (like the 2 hour Burma special). But then again I thought they were kind of hurting because they no longer put the show out for sale on Blu-Ray. I read an article a few years ago that said, "they couldn't afford it" or something to that effect. A journalist joked that Top Gear Blu-ray was cancelled because Jeremy C is too ugly for Blu-ray, as all his wrinkles, teeth etc are scary in high def. LOL

The way Jeremy is talking, it's as if he already knows he going to be canned.

I should probably keep this to myself; you know, if you can't say something nice... But like Clarkson, sometimes I can't help myself. I enjoyed the show at first, but lost interest in it a long time ago. So I won't miss Clarkson, who created a following, in part, because Hammond and May are so lame.

Halon on...flame away!

^Just curious, do you like Top Gear USA? more? less? or? To me, Top Gear USA has gotten better and better as the seasons roll on.

^Just curious, do you like Top Gear USA? more? less? or? To me, Top Gear USA has gotten better and better as the seasons roll on.

Yes, but so has TGUK. Watch season 1-3 and then watch season 19. They really lowered the seriousness, and upped the comedic foolishness. Give TGUSA another 3 -7 years and WHOLE LOT more financial investment and see how crappy it seems then(I am being somewhat sarcastic here).

I think the "producers" include the three amigos....and I agree that the show has leaned more twords monty python than car show.

A journalist joked that Top Gear Blu-ray was cancelled because Jeremy C is too ugly for Blu-ray, as all his wrinkles, teeth etc are scary in high def. LOL
Was he joking? I'm not so sure. How many packs of cigarettes would you have to smoke per day in order to get your teeth to look like that?I watched only a couple of the early episodes of TG USA.

Back