• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GT 500 wing, what the deal?

Hey guys,
I'm about to make a decision on my track wing, I'm very close to get a taitec gt 500 but now I hear that is basically useless for the track.
That its foil is too large and steep that forces it to stall.
Is anyone actually using this wing at the track that can confirm, not only for its looks but for actual testing?

I've read Billy saying on a few occasions that it is useless as a wing. I'm not sure where the proof is but you can ask him.

Personally I would look at Aeromotion for a wing. The designers are very knowledgeable in aerodynamics with real world proof. Something that matters more to me than anything else. The price for the static wing is not bad, and it is also capable of upgrading to a motion actuating version.

What a let down, I really like that wing. You should ask 1k2go, he uses an apr wing I think.

Ahhhh, but Roberto…active aero!

Think about the mph you'll gain on the straight and the anchors you'll be throwing out during braking. ;)

Makes you wonder how any of these guys won races...

hqdefault.jpg

nsx-20050523050608635.jpg

Ahhhh, but Roberto…active aero!

Think about the mph you'll gain on the straight and the anchors you'll be throwing out during braking. ;)

You sound like the old guy who says "Get off my lawn".....

Active wings aren't banned in most motorsports because they are big and fugly.

Last edited:
Guys I am confused here. I think the taitec spoiler looks the best for a track monster. But I read the posts and it says it is just a high dollar seat to sit on while eating mcdonalds. Which is it?
But I am also not a mad scientist in aero and downforce. So where could I look into having downforce and sit and eat mcdonalds in the pits.:biggrin:

[MENTION=4055]Ponyboy[/MENTION] I thought you were being sarcastic in your post. My mistake.
[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] Works best > looks best. See the second post of this thread for your answer. http://aeromotions.com/

[MENTION=4055]Ponyboy[/MENTION] I thought you were being sarcastic in your post. My mistake.

No worries!

Guys I am confused here. I think the taitec spoiler looks the best for a track monster. But I read the posts and it says it is just a high dollar seat to sit on while eating mcdonalds. Which is it?
But I am also not a mad scientist in aero and downforce. So where could I look into having downforce and sit and eat mcdonalds in the pits.:biggrin:

The Taitec wing has a smaller sweet spot and works optimally within a smaller range than the newer foils. Great wing but it's less efficient than newer designs or active aero.

Thanks poyboy. Which is the top of your pics? I think that is the question at hand from metalspikeracing as well as other inquiring minds.
No worries!

The Taitec wing has a smaller sweet spot and works optimally within a smaller range than the newer foils. Great wing but it's less efficient than newer designs or active aero.

For me, if I were to run a wing on track, it'd be the Aeromotion or the Mugen wing. IIRC, even Shad likes the Mugen wing for the NSX.

I tracked my old NSX a lot and loved my Voltex Type 4 with Gurney Flap option. No idea if it made any difference but it sure as hell felt better than the NSXR wing I had previously.
27827_433230536223_6115180_n.jpg

Back