• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wtf???

Wow, I stand corrected! Still....poor baby. Wish someone would buy it and return it to stock.

Well it seems the owner likes it. So I guess to each their own.

I think this is going to be the best build Thread of the year and I hope Lud and everyone will love what Bruce is going to do to his new toy.

[

Omg:redface:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 889
Wow. Haters gonna...well...you know.

I thought the design was interesting. I think it hurts eyes that are accustomed to the stock NSX. Frankly I feel the same way about the -R wings so many of you sport as you do about Shawn's design.

Glad to hear all the original panels have been preserved. This way next owner can enjoy this car for what it is, a one-of design nicely executed from a fabrication standpoint. Then down the road it can be returned to stock if a future owner so desires.

I will say that the effort to update the car should have included something to give it significantly more power than a current V-6 Accord.

Last edited:
Frankly I feel the same way about the -R wings so many of you sport

I thought I was the only one in all the land that thought the -R wing spoiled the NSX lines.
I guess there are two of us :smile:

I thought I was the only one in all the land that thought the -R wing spoiled the NSX lines.
I guess there are two of us :smile:

JD, you have to consider that when people look at you and me the first thing that comes to their minds is "Old School"!! Those guys are OLDER than their cars!!

I saw this car in Orlando at the Make A Wish show a couple years ago. While I didn't care for the car overall, I give the guy credit for attempting to do something with the NSX side scoops. I've always wondered what anyone sees in the scooped side skirts on NSXs. Those look about as natural and useful to me as the stick-on fender oval porthole things that make any car look like a Buick.

That's makes three of us, at least, that prefer the OE wing. Tastes change I guess.

And for the record, I had nothing to do with this car. ;)

JD, you have to consider that when people look at you and me the first thing that comes to their minds is "Old School"!! Those guys are OLDER than their cars!!

No question you are correct on this.
In fact some wonder how we can get in and out of such a low car without a cane.
I see Ponyboy has declared in favour of the original spoiler so we are a group of 4 now. :smile:

I prefer the look of the original spoiler, I am just a little obsessed with my track times at present so have an R model on the car but have gone as far as looking for a spare trunk lid that I can attach a big wing to and revert to stock for normal duties. I still think the car that started this thread is hideous tho.

I think "hideous" is a little strong, but hideous, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. To my eyes, the interiors of most of the current flock of super cars are hideous or close to it. And yes, I am quite a bit older than my NSX.

Regarding Shawn's work, I find the design interesting enough that I hope to see the car in person some day.

Last edited:
Tof I was not meaning to pick on the quality of shauns work which I am sure would be to a very high standard but the design which is the owners is hideous, I do find it ironic though that shaun is such a 'keep it stock' kind of guy from his posts and yet this thing shows up. In my eyes the original cars design is timeless and minor mods to enhance it for say track work I get and understand, but to completely change the appearance of the car with those front lights, side scoops and that rear spoiler is well..... hideous. I also think the veilside kit is hideous but maybe its just me

I am keep it stock kinda guy LOL but the owner designed it and built it. it his car he can do what he wants to it ya know

seeing the car in person you can see no expense was spared to us purist NSX owners its extreme design but that also the name of his company
Extreme Motorcars that's where the NSX-E came from.

Last edited:
seeing the car in person you can see no expense was spared to us purist NSX owners its extreme design but that also the name of his company
Extreme Motorcars that's where the NSX-E came from.

please don't bump this topic up no more, it's just killing me to read Shawn responds.
to tell you what I love bout the mods beside all the cosmetic!
I love the neon light inside the engine
I love painted oem air box
I love the stock yellowish coolant tankreservoir and yeah, and the interior too
now that's call no expense was spared ;)

What did PT Barnum say? Something about some type of person being born every minute?

you guys will never believe what the real selling price was I was floored

it didn't sell for 5 digits and it didn't sell for 4,3,2,1 digits go the other way with the digits

Back